Page 978 of 994 FirstFirst ... 478878928968974975976977978979980981982988 ... LastLast
Results 24,426 to 24,450 of 24842
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "reports" say China's and Pootin's vaccines don't work as well as the FDA approved vaccines.
    Do you believe them? Why is “reports” in quotation marks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We investigated the presence of SARS-CoV-2 receptor-binding domain (RBD)-specific antibodies in blood samples of 959 asymptomatic individuals enrolled in a prospective lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 to track the date of onset, frequency, and temporal and geographic variations across the Italian regions. SARS-CoV-2 RBD-specific antibodies were detected in 111 of 959 (11.6%) individuals, starting from September 2019 (14%), with a cluster of positive cases (>30%) in the second week of February 2020 and the highest number (53.2%) in Lombardy. This study shows an unexpected very early circulation of SARS-CoV-2 among asymptomatic individuals in Italy several months before the first patient was identified, and clarifies the onset and spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. Finding SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in asymptomatic people before the COVID-19 outbreak in Italy may reshape the history of pandemic.
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33176598/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chile is using this vaccine and their country’s case load per capita is not looking as good as ours.
    I heard chile openen up too quickly before reaching a good % vaccination. But its possible those vaccines qare also nog as good. Still some protection even 50% better than zero

And with the low cost the chinese vacs will save the planet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spain celebrates the end of the pandemic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard chile openen up too quickly before reaching a good % vaccination. But its possible those vaccines qare also nog as good. Still some protection even 50% better than zero

And with the low cost the chinese vacs will save the planet
    Low cost? Hungary Reportedly paid about double the price for the Chinese vac compared to Pfizer vac.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you believe them? Why is “reports” in quotation marks?
    the "reports" will be scrutinized and a rough consensus will emerge as to whether the Trash's covid deaths are 550K or 900K, so far.

We know that in spring 2020, Repug states, eg FL, were LYING about covid death rates to follow Trash's mortal, self-serving example of downplaying the severity of the public health disaster. Also, people were dying form covid in NYC at home and not tested for covid, so undercounted. Probably true in other countries

=========================

Countries
    (USA, Britain, Brazil, India) run by corrupt anti-govt right-populist/nationalist politicians have higher death rates than social-democratic countries

same is true within USA

COVID-19 has hit people in Republican-led states hardest, study finds

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...st-study-finds

===========

and duped, stupid Repug MISgoverned red states are where cases are increasing the most

https://graphics.reuters.com/HEALTH-...S/dgkvlgkrkpb/
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-09-2021 at 09:22 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

the "reports" will be scrutinized and a rough consensus will emerge as to whether the Trash's covid deaths are 550K or 900K, so far.

We know that in spring 2020, Repug states, eg FL, were LYING about covid death rates to follow Trash's mortal, self-serving example of downplaying the severity of the public health disaster. Also, people were dying form covid in NYC at home and not tested for covid, so undercounted. Probably true in other countries

=========================

Countries
    (USA, Britain, Brazil, India) run by corrupt anti-govt right-populist/nationalist politicians have higher death rates than social-democratic countries

same is true within USA

COVID-19 has hit people in Republican-led states hardest, study finds

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...st-study-finds

===========

and duped, stupid Repug MISgoverned red states are where cases are increasing the most

You would have to be an idiot to believe our death toll is more than double India’s. I think even many Indians would agree.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would have to be an idiot to believe our death toll is more than double India’s. I think even many Indians would agree.
    you have to be an idiot not use normalized demographic counts, eg, events/population

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you have to be an idiot not use normalized demographic counts, eg, events/population
    The stats for every country are probably so off as to be practically useless for any real comparison. You can track progress or regression against COVID within a country based on the stats based on trend lines but comparing overall results between countries is going to be issue filled.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida experiencing massive surge in COVID-variant cases tied to spring break invasion

With Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) moving quickly to open the state up during the pandemic despite warnings from the CDC,

the state is now seeing the after-effects of his decisions with a startlingly large 10,000 variant cases.

According to the report, "A total of 753 variant cases from three strains -- the B.1.1.7, the P.1, and the B. 1.3.5.1. -- were reported on March 14, according to variant infection data shared with ABC News.

The Florida Department of Health does not disclose variant cases on its public dashboard," of course not, Desantis

before adding,

"That number swelled to 5,177 cases from five types of variants on April 15.

Just two weeks later, the number of variant infections exploded to 9,248 on April 27."

https://www.rawstory.com/desantis-2652928589

Remember the FL lady who got fired for telling the truth about covid cases?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida experiencing massive surge in COVID-variant cases tied to spring break invasion

With Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) moving quickly to open the state up during the pandemic despite warnings from the CDC,

the state is now seeing the after-effects of his decisions with a startlingly large 10,000 variant cases.

According to the report, "A total of 753 variant cases from three strains -- the B.1.1.7, the P.1, and the B. 1.3.5.1. -- were reported on March 14, according to variant infection data shared with ABC News.

The Florida Department of Health does not disclose variant cases on its public dashboard," of course not, Desantis

before adding,

"That number swelled to 5,177 cases from five types of variants on April 15.

Just two weeks later, the number of variant infections exploded to 9,248 on April 27."

https://www.rawstory.com/desantis-2652928589

Remember the FL lady who got fired for telling the truth about covid cases?

Thanks. Ill be sure to continue wearing a ing KN95 in Florida

Im about to sch3dule my J&J shot too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a successful blue state with 60% vaccinated, are red state old folks homes the the same?

COVID-19 risks reemerge at nursing homes as workers decline vaccine and new residents struggle to get shots
    It was a battle many thought we had already won.

Residents of nursing homes were among the first to get vaccinated against the coronavirus last winter, leading to a dramatic decline in new infections.

But now, there are signs that the danger remains and may even be growing again.

The percentage of nursing home residents who are vaccinated has declined since March, amid complaints from senior care leaders of difficulty getting shots for newly admitted residents.

Perhaps more concerning,

a sizable share of Massachusetts nursing home staff members continue to go unvaccinated for COVID-19,

despite aggressive initiatives to convince the hesitant.

-- Boston Globe email

WTF

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. COVID-19 vaccine tracker: See your state’s progress

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavir...accine-tracker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DarrinS:

Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19

There's no money in it, so it will never be recommended. Meanwhile, we're still using worthless redesivir at 3K per treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked a question about a year ago in this thread. Would you rather get covid early on, before hospitals were slammed, but docs may not have learned best practices? Or, would you rather get it late, with the uncertainty of hospital capacity, but docs have more understanding of the disease and treatment?

You definitely didn't want to get this early.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And why are we waiting to treat people until they're seriously ill?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And why are we waiting to treat people until they're seriously ill?
    Because people wait till they are seriously ill before they go in?

~1/4 of Texans do NOT have health insurance now. It was ~ 20% in 2019, this is a possibility.

It is also clear that health insurance companies are wanting bills due coming in now so... "crap, look at this, dont you go in"

Its is also pretty clear people still think is "just sniffles", but it goes bad fast.

Also this whole mess was turned into a political football instead of a very large health problem we all share. Some people looked at death rate compared to other virus and thought, WTF, this is nothing. Not realizing so many more people would get this virus. There is a time for %s and a time for shear numbers, people like to play games with stats to comfort themselves, or to just make a political point in a way they deem favorable.

my partial take...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

~1/4 of Texans do NOT have health insurance now. It was ~ 20% in 2019, this is a possibility.

It is also clear that health insurance companies are wanting bills due coming in now so... "crap, look at this, dont you go in"

Its is also pretty clear people still think is "just sniffles", but it goes bad fast.

Also this whole mess was turned into a political football instead of a very large health problem we all share. Some people looked at death rate compared to other virus and thought, WTF, this is nothing. Not realizing so many more people would get this virus. There is a time for %s and a time for shear numbers, people like to play games with stats to comfort themselves, or to just make a political point in a way they deem favorable.

my partial take...
    Not true. People diagnosed with COVID and having symptoms are told to stay home and self medicate unless they are having difficulty breathing. Even then some hospitals send people home with O2 and a monitor.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true. People diagnosed with COVID and having symptoms are told to stay home and self medicate unless they are having difficulty breathing. Even then some hospitals send people home with O2 and a monitor.
    I remember this being more of a thing early on when hospitals were loaded.
    I dont think it happens as much now. Its also age dependent, now younger people make up a larger % of cases.
    If they even get far enough to see or hear a doctor to explain what type of breathing problems. Some people just dont know whats bad before its way late. Some people think its allergies and their nose is stuffed up. People react to being sick very differently: Im fine (they can barely move), or the go to the doc just to talk (some older folks like to visit)

Anywhose... its wide ranging imo.

aside as to not take up too many threads:

You posted to me you dont get out of the boat to wade fish? whats up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my partial take...

Also, big pharma actively pushed back against cheap therapeutics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, big pharma actively pushed back against cheap therapeutics.
    But they gave remdesivir to the first Chinese patient in Seattle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I put zero stock in the anitibody studies. They've been wrong the whole way through and not just a little wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I put zero stock in the anitibody studies. They've been wrong the whole way through and not just a little wrong.
    your perspective is surely deeper than mine, why do you think so?

Thread Information