Page 980 of 995 FirstFirst ... 480880930970976977978979980981982983984990 ... LastLast
Results 24,476 to 24,500 of 24852
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Testing has been going down since January

Test less and call positive tests negative

Biden's America
    So he put the CDC members in place to carry out his wishes of lying about the severity of the virus?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you mean is more testing = more reported cases. The cases exist whether it was reported or not.

The problem with under-reporting is that it makes it that much more difficult to both get a notion of the scale of the problem and properly allocate resources to combat it as well.
    This is kind of like the vaccine is made, all is well now.
    The fact that multiple steps are involved to actually get it into the arm and even keep track of people to try and determine its efficacy outside a pre study. Both teams love to jump on this difficulty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont go in that rabbit hole.

I dont advise it
    Causes permanent disability?
    Do tell how it melted your brain.
    Its also cool how you dont like to look back at huge mistakes, because... called it!

Hater does not advise it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uber, Lyft to Provide Free Rides to Covid-19 Vaccine Sites Until July 4

New transportation partnership comes as Biden administration explores ways to encourage people to get vaccinated

https://www.wsj.com/articles/uber-ly...=djemalertNEWS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uber, Lyft to Provide Free Rides to Covid-19 Vaccine Sites Until July 4

New transportation partnership comes as Biden administration explores ways to encourage people to get vaccinated

https://www.wsj.com/articles/uber-ly...=djemalertNEWS
    You're not skeptical of this? No way this isn't a quid pro quo at some level.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not skeptical of this? No way this isn't a quid pro quo at some level.
    I think Uber and Lyft want to remind users they are still a thing when economies open further. Their business models are just to burn money anyway, so this tracks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you mean is more testing = more reported cases. The cases exist whether it was reported or not.

The problem with under-reporting is that it makes it that much more difficult to both get a notion of the scale of the problem and properly allocate resources to combat it as well.
    Case definition, in epidemiology, set of criteria used in making a decision as to whether an individual has a disease or health event of interest. Establishing a case definition is an imperative step in quantifying the magnitude of disease in a population. Case definitions are used in ongoing public health surveillance to track the occurrence and distribution of disease within a given area, as well as during outbreak investigations in field epidemiology.

This is the "case" that's being referred to. Increase in cases, for this discussion (and in the past) is always about reported cases. This doesn't mean reported to the CDC per se, but diagnosed.

Population has X amount of infection. Testing reveals those. Each one becomes a case as the testing increases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure, why not?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    World’s most vaccinated nation sees COVID-19 resurgence,

raising questions over Chinese vaccine

Despite its standing as the world's most vaccinated country, the 115-island archipelago Seyc es is seeing a dramatic resurgence in COVID-19 transmission, bringing its daily case rate to "a higher number of infections per capita than India,"

approximately 67 percent of Seyc es' population is vaccinated — the majority of those citizens received Chinese vaccine Sinopharm, while the remainder received Covishield, a derivative of AstraZeneca's shot manufactured in India.

"more than one third of new active cases are people who are fully vaccinated."

most of Seyc e's cases appear to be mild

"The Sinopharm vaccine really requires two doses," she added, "and

some of the cases that are being reported are occurring either soon after a single dose, or soon after a second dose."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/98223...hinese-vaccine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Case definition, in epidemiology, set of criteria used in making a decision as to whether an individual has a disease or health event of interest. Establishing a case definition is an imperative step in quantifying the magnitude of disease in a population. Case definitions are used in ongoing public health surveillance to track the occurrence and distribution of disease within a given area, as well as during outbreak investigations in field epidemiology.

This is the "case" that's being referred to. Increase in cases, for this discussion (and in the past) is always about reported cases. This doesn't mean reported to the CDC per se, but diagnosed.

Population has X amount of infection. Testing reveals those. Each one becomes a case as the testing increases.
    Fair enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he put the CDC members in place to carry out his wishes of lying about the severity of the virus?
    Well he kicked Dr Messonnier off the covid response team and she resigned. She's the only CDC member who publicly spoke the truth regardless of political pressure. So I'd say the answer is yes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've been being glib the last several posts. thats usually the type of interaction snakeboy is looking for
    Glib has never been a response I've tried to induce

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just sad.

Kids are making up larger proportion of Covid-19 cases now, CDC says.

Children and teens are starting to make up a larger proportion of coronavirus cases now than earlier in the epidemic, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday.

The CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices is holding a public meeting to discuss whether to recommend Pfizer/BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine for use in youth as young as 12. The US Food and Drug Administration extended its emergency use authorization for the vaccine in 12-15-year-olds Monday.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...b1d5cdb1e44c01

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's just fleeing the scene of the crime, throwing out a diversion.

He said more testing equals more cases!

(gets shown it does)

I was being glib.. I don't really deny it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure that makes sense in your head.

For those of us not privy to your inner thoughts, that seems to be the ONLY type of response you seem to aim for 95% of the time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ohio with an interesting approach to increase vaccinations.

Ohio will give 5 people $1 million each in COVID-19 vaccine lottery
    MEREDITH DELISO
    Wed, May 12, 2021, 7:59 PM·3 min read
    Five vaccinated Ohioans will win $1 million each through a new lottery announced Wednesday, in one of the largest financial incentives announced by a state to combat declining demand for the COVID-19 vaccine.

Starting May 26, the state will award $1 million each week to an adult who has received at least the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, Gov. Mike DeWine said. There will be five total drawings.

"I know that some may say, 'DeWine, you’re crazy! This million-dollar drawing idea of yours is a waste of money,'" the governor said during an address Wednesday. "But truly, the real waste at this point in the pandemic -- when the vaccine is readily available to anyone who wants it -- is a life lost to COVID-19."
    The state will also hold a weekly lottery starting May 26 for those 17 and younger who have gotten the COVID-19 vaccine. Five winners will receive a full, four-year scholarship to a State of Ohio university, which includes tuition, room-and-board and books, DeWine announced.
    https://www.yahoo.com/gma/ohio-5-peo...005943467.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ohio with an interesting approach to increase vaccinations.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How we ended up here is no doubt sad and messed up, yet here we are.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I mean, I'd rather see a vaccine-based stimulus funded by a wealth tax on anyone whose income dramatically increased by a set amount in 2020, but if this works too, so be it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The state will also hold a weekly lottery starting May 26 for those 17 and younger who have gotten the COVID-19 vaccine. Five winners will receive a full, four-year scholarship to a State of Ohio university, which includes tuition, room-and-board and books, DeWine announced.
    This I like much better but they have to promote it! And it needs to be way more than 5 winners.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covidians, you may now unmask

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covidians, you may now unmask

makes sense. issue is people who didnt get the vax pretending they did and spreading their around

Thread Information