Page 982 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 482882932972978979980981982983984985986992103210821482 ... LastLast
Results 24,526 to 24,550 of 40770
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol which american is gonna book their summer vacation to France after seeing this

ing ridiculous. Youd think these nazis would send someone withoutban AK 47 to talk to those peaceful citizens.
    this is what happened when you don't know the context. The French police is still patrolling the streets with one assault rifle per group due to previous terrorist activities, nothing to do with the curfew

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is what happened when you don't know the context. The French police is still patrolling the streets with one assault rifle per group due to previous terrorist activities, nothing to do with the curfew
    Yeah noone wants to go vacation where military armed with assault weapons will bother you.

Cancun for me tbqh

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This guy was wrong, too.

"Imagine where we’re at, Chuck, right now: You and I are sitting on this beach where it’s 70 degrees, perfectly blue skies, gentle breeze. But I see that Hurricane 5, Category 5 or higher, 450 miles offshore. And telling people to evacuate in that nice blue sky day is gonna be hard. But I can also tell you that hurricane’s coming.”

Dr. Doom Osterholm in February
    This is not your taking an L.

This is your whining like a .

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    See how the cases peaked quite splendidly right around mother er Biden's inauguration day and therefter fell off.

And I'll bet by God we'll be counting regular flu cases ever more. We just jammed those in with COVID while Trump was President and then figured we couldn't change that after 1-20-21, but we'll have a swell regular flue season coming up this fall and winter. You can count on that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    masking, hand hygiene and social distancing work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unvaccinated?

Immuno-compromised?

I know only 50% of the US is fully vaccinated, and that y'all stayed safe and protected us too for the last year, but your lives. Time to go back to school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was wrong. I'll take the L.

Since I posted that, I've been both infected and vaccinated.

Covid is not a thing for me to worry about anymore.
    Why did you ignore the scientists?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moderna says its juice is 100% effective for teens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moderna says its juice is 100% effective for teens
    Not a surprise as no juice is 99% effective on teens

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a surprise as no juice is 99% effective on teens
    Right, it's like were people really expecting them to publish a bad number given how even teens who are getting infected are nearly all asymptomatic (according to many reports)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're talking about preventing infections in the first place. It wasn't a huge sample size, but really good news nonetheless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're talking about preventing infections in the first place. It wasn't a huge sample size, but really good news nonetheless.
    It's pretty unimpressive when you consider the number of teens being infected in the placebo group (4 out of 1,850?)...

The phase 2/3 study the company is citing Tuesday included more than 3,700 adolescents. No cases of Covid were observed in participants who received two doses of the vaccine, while four cases were observed in the placebo group, according to the company.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/25/covi...k-in-june.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not going to get many more 12-17 years olds for an emergency experiment.

This is how were gonna end this in the US.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not going to get many more 12-17 years olds for an emergency experiment.

This is how were gonna end this in the US.
    The number of participants is fine -- look at the rate of infections in the placebo group. 4 infections out of 1,850 participants in that group... That is an infection rate of 0.2% without the vaccine.

Is it worth about $130K ($35 per dose x 2 doses x 1,850 participants) and whatever known and unknown long-term side effects come with it... to prevent 4 infections in that group? That is a question that needs to be asked.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The number of participants is fine -- look at the rate of infections in the placebo group. 4 infections out of 1,850 participants in that group... That is a rate of 0.02% without the vaccine.

Is it worth about $130K ($35 per dose x 2 doses x 1,850 participants) and whatever known and unknown long-term side effects come with it... to prevent 4 infections in that group?
    Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they can go back to school and life without worrying about distancing and masking and not infect members of their families and others who can't get vaccinated or for whom vaccines are less effective.

Pretty simple.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    infected teens would be infecting unvaccinated adults (about 50% of US adults), keeping the pandemic going.

iow, it's not about teens, it's about victims of teens spreading the virus

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The number of participants is fine -- look at the rate of infections in the placebo group. 4 infections out of 1,850 participants in that group... That is an infection rate of 0.2% without the vaccine.

Is it worth about $130K ($35 per dose x 2 doses x 1,850 participants) and whatever known and unknown long-term side effects come with it... to prevent 4 infections in that group? That is a question that needs to be asked.
    That is hard to believe 4 out of 1850. Wonder where these trials were done. Because I have two teen family members who caught SARS-COV-2, one asymptomatic but still PCR tested positive, the other symptomatic who said it felt like the worst flu he ever had for two weeks. We're not talking fatass kids either, they're both pretty athletic and you'd think would be in the absolute lowest risk group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a perfect world we would wait for more trials and let all the adults who can get fully vaccinated do that in the meantime.

Trump s won't do it, so we have to get the kids to bail them out as usual.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they can go back to school and life without worrying about distancing and masking and not infect members of their families and others who can't get vaccinated or for whom vaccines are less effective.

Pretty simple.
    We are very close to a point already where the number of people who can't get vaccinated or for whom vaccination is ineffective is miniscule.

Cost aside, the potential for side effects needs to be weighted when the benefits are continuing to dwindle for vaccinating teens (with the exception of teens we know have rare and unique vulnerabilities to COVID or any infectious disease).

Thread Information