Page 821 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3217217718118178188198208218228238248258318719211321 ... LastLast
Results 20,501 to 20,525 of 40782
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Death is just one metric of a pandemic. Morbidity and disabilty are two others.

It's crazy to me that this country doesn't care about keeping cases down.
    That shape is sailed as far as keeping cases down. A lot of things had to go right and none of it did. At this point it’s about treating it as best as possible. The virus will always be around. It won’t be as severe long-term since we will have built in immunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That shape is sailed as far as keeping cases down. A lot of things had to go right and none of it did. At this point it’s about treating it as best as possible. The virus will always be around. It won’t be as severe long-term since we will have built in immunity.
    I'm not a fatalist. We screwed up badly, but if we somehow summon the political will to put fighting the pandemic first, we can make a big difference.

We can't change the past, but we can influence the shape of things to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also think your take on immunity is naive. It's so complex, and getting herd immunity without effective vaccines is human carnage.

Other countries aren't doing it that way, why do we have to?

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I also think your take on immunity is naive. It's so complex, and getting herd immunity without effective vaccines is human carnage.

Other countries aren't doing it that way, why do we have to?
    Because we’re already seeing infections less severe now compared to what we saw in March/April. There’s several theories including better treatment and hospitals not quite as overwhelmed, but I do think this strain is not quite as severe even in older patients who are surviving more compared to March/April.

The problem with doing what other countries have done is we weren’t as effective in prevention early on and now it’s really here and everywhere. My hometown in Louisiana got hit hard the last two months and now we’re seeing a drop in cases finally. Our hospital is down to 30+ cases with 9 on a ventillator compared to 2-3 weeks ago where we had 55+ cases with 18 on a ventilator.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we’re already seeing infections less severe now compared to what we saw in March/April. There’s several theories including better treatment and hospitals not quite as overwhelmed, but I do think this strain is not quite as severe even in older patients who are surviving more compared to March/April.

The problem with doing what other countries have done is we weren’t as effective in prevention early on and now it’s really here and everywhere. My hometown in Louisiana got hit hard the last two months and now we’re seeing a drop in cases finally. Our hospital is down to 30+ cases with 9 on a ventillator compared to 2-3 weeks ago where we had 55+ cases with 18 on a ventilator.
    I think you're wishcasting, but I hope you're right.

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I think you're wishcasting, but I hope you're right.
    I could be wrong. Things could pick up again with schools starting, but eventually the virus will burn out like it did in some of the northeastern states. But the virus will be around every year. We have to hope that it will turn out to be similar to other coronaviruses we have now which usually are nothing more than cold symptoms.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinese cities find virus in

Brazilian chicken wings,

Ecuadorian shrimp packaging

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-shenzhen-idUSKCN25902B?taid=5f34ffe4d7d51b000163612a

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could be wrong. Things could pick up again with schools starting, but eventually the virus will burn out like it did in some of the northeastern states. But the virus will be around every year. We have to hope that it will turn out to be similar to other coronaviruses we have now which usually are nothing more than cold symptoms.
    Trump-Made Pandemic didn't "burn out" in the Northeast.

It is still present, infecting, damaging, and killing people,

but at much lower numbers than March/April, much lower than the ing Confederacy,

due to people complying with control measures from competent government.

The common coronaviruses were, are never as fatal as C19, didn't burn out and down to something less virulent
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-13-2020 at 07:16 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CD4 T-cell cross reactivity to SARS-CoV-2 in unexposed people

Abstract

Many unknowns exist about human immune responses to the SARS-CoV-2 virus. SARS-CoV-2 reactive CD4+ T cells have been reported in unexposed individuals, suggesting pre-existing cross-reactive T cell memory in 20-50% of people. However, the source of those T cells has been speculative. Using human blood samples derived before the SARS-CoV-2 virus was discovered in 2019, we mapped 142 T cell epitopes across the SARS-CoV-2 genome to facilitate precise interrogation of the SARS-CoV-2-specific CD4+ T cell repertoire. We demonstrate a range of pre-existing memory CD4+ T cells that are cross-reactive with comparable affinity to SARS-CoV-2 and the common cold coronaviruses HCoV-OC43, HCoV-229E, HCoV-NL63, or HCoV-HKU1. Thus, variegated T cell memory to coronaviruses that cause the common cold may underlie at least some of the extensive heterogeneity observed in COVID-19 disease.
    https://science.sciencemag.org/conte...e.abd3871.full

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a fairly large percentage with preexisting immunity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the other 50-80%, amirite?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "That's a fairly large percentage with preexisting immunity"

carriers with "some" immunity but carrying a virus load can, I guess, run around and infect people with no immunity.

but the pandemic isn't serious, back to work, back to school, caution, better sorry than safe, no masks, no distancing, no testing.

America, Yeah!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Changxa comes through with 40,000 surgical masks for Annapolis

The City of Annapolis has received an unexpected donation during the coronavirus pandemic from a benefactor half a world away.

The municipal government of Changsha, China has donated 40,000 medical-grade face masks to the city, said Kevin Simmons, director of the city’s Office of Emergency Management.

A representative from the Chinese city’s foreign affairs office, Yani Xiao, wrote to City Manager David Jarrell in April stating that they wanted to send a donation of masks in part because of an existing relationship with former Assistant City Manager Bob Agee and other Annapolis residents.

“Because Changsha and Annapolis are friendship cities/twin cities, we should stand firmly with each other and support each other,” Xiao wrote. “Annapolis is not alone in this crisis and we are a community with a shared future for mankind.”

https://www.capitalgazette.com/maryl...whe-story.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's how you interpreted my post? Smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how you interpreted my post? Smh
    all you seem to care about is your own ass and COVID-19 happy talk, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next time, I'll just click the like button

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd ICE detainee in Georgia dies from Covid-19 complications
    The preliminary cause of death was “cardiopulmonary arrest, secondary to complications of the coronavirus disease," officials said.

LUMPKIN, Ga. — A diabetic Costa Rican man in federal immigration custody has become the second detainee in Georgia to die from Covid-19 complications after being held at a detention center that has reported more than 150 coronavirus cases.

Jose Guillen-Vega, 70, died Monday night at a Columbus hospital, according to a news release from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. The preliminary cause of death was “cardiopulmonary arrest, secondary to complications of the coronavirus disease," officials said Wednesday. He had been hospitalized since Aug. 1.

County Coroner Sybil Ammons said Guillen-Vega also suffered from diabetes and hypertension, The Atlanta Journal-Cons ution reported.

Guillen-Vega was awaiting deportation and housed at Stewart Detention Center in Lumpkin. The facility has seen six deaths in the last three years, including one other death connected to Covid-19, according to immigrant rights advocates. Stewart detainee and Guatemala native Santiago Baten-Oxlaj, 34, died from the virus in May. The detention center had 154 confirmed coronavirus cases among detainees as of Tuesday.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...navirus-394714

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What Scientists Know About Airborne Transmission of the New Coronavirus

Aerosol experts, from engineers to doctors, weigh in on the ability of tiny droplets to transmit the virus that causes COVID-19

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/what-scientists-know-about-airborne-transmission-new-coronavirus-180975547

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Religion makes you ING STUPID and makes you vote stupidly for Repugs

Christian parent warns school district that wearing masks is a ‘pagan ritual of satanic worshipers’

Wisconsin’s Elmbrook School District is fully reopening for the coming school year —

a decision that was expectedly met with criticism. Nevertheless, the school is

requiring students to wear masks while on campus,

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/watch-christian-parent-warns-school-district-that-wearing-masks-is-a-pagan-ritual-of-satanic-worshipers/
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-13-2020 at 03:44 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ifr lower than flu

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

lol

lolol

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cdc telling people how bad flu season er covid season going to be lolookolloll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lolol
    It's like you're down 88-3 and you're ing the football after your kicker made the fg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cdc telling people how bad flu season er covid season going to be lolookolloll
    Gossip

Thread Information