Page 207 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1071571972032042052062072082092102112172573077071207 ... LastLast
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to all the TrumpRangutan bashers... at least we dont have BoJo as leader

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are so ing stupid. Were all those kids on spring break at South Padre republicans?
    White bags celebrating individual self destructive freedoms while shunning science? Pretty good chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Israel Corona infections e to 1,200

entire country is shut down

Israeli president reads bedtime stories to all Israeli kids on live tv

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Weighs Easing Stay-at-Home Advice to Curb Economic Rout

From Bloomberg
    President Donald Trump began talking privately late last week about reopening the nation, despite the swiftly rising number of coronavirus cases and against the advice of health professionals, because he’s worried about the economic damage from an extended shutdown, according to people familiar with his thinking.

The shortage of testing kits has made it difficult to assess the full spread of the virus, but Trump and a contingent of his aides, including Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, want to ensure that the economic damage from a nationwide “social distancing” campaign doesn’t outweigh the potential toll from the virus itself, the people said.

“WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!” Trump tweeted late Sunday.

The president started talking about how to get people back to work around Thursday, two of the people said, only three days after he helped roll out a 15-day plan from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to stem the rise of cases by encouraging most people to stay at home. That campaign would end about March 31.

The discussions centered on what to do after the 15-day period ends, and how to test and isolate everyone who’s sick so healthy people can return to work. It’s likely the CDC guidelines would be relaxed rather than scrapped altogether, one person said.

The government’s top health authorities have warned that in the absence of any viable medical treatment, sustained and economically painful restrictions on daily life are the only way to beat the virus. This group is led by Deborah Birx, the State Department doctor tapped to advise Vice President Mike Pence on the government’s response to the outbreak, and Anthony Fauci, the influential director of the National Ins ute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

The economy is reeling as cases rise and the death toll mounts. Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis President James Bullard predicted the U.S. unemployment rate may hit 30% in the second quarter, along with a 50% drop in gross domestic product. Morgan Stanley said Sunday it expects the U.S. economy to plummet 30% in the second quarter.

There had been more than 35,000 cases of the disease in the U.S. by Monday and more than 400 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Social distancing didn’t begin with Trump’s guidelines and won’t necessarily end if he lifts them, as governors and municipal leaders have the power to issue “shelter in place” and other orders limiting daily life in virus-ravaged parts of the country. But the president has considerable power to influence Americans’ behavior by the tone he sets at what has become daily, televised White House news conferences.

“We’ll get a pretty good idea what we’re doing” at the end of his “15 Days to Slow the Spread” campaign on March 31, Trump said Sunday. “You know there will be a point at which we say: ‘We’re back in business, let’s go.”

Some of the debate over how rapidly Americans should return to work is beginning to play out in public.

Former Goldman Sachs Inc. Chief Executive Officer Lloyd Blankfein said in a tweet Sunday night that “within a very few weeks” people at “lower risk to the disease” should return to work.
    “Is it time to start discussing the need for a date when the economy can turn back on?” Trump’s former economic adviser, Gary Cohn, tweeted on Sunday. “Businesses need clarity. Otherwise they will assume the worst and make decisions to survive.”

But another former senior aide to Trump, Steve Bannon, said the president should take even stronger measures to limit Americans’ social interactions over the next two weeks in order to snuff out the virus -- or risk irreversible economic damage.

“We’re going to have to take the pain up-front. We’re going to have to shut it all down,” Bannon said on Fox News on Sunday. “Drop the hammer today on the virus.”

Trump said Sunday he’d seen both comments. “They are not mutually exclusive, they sort of inter-mesh,” he said of Cohn and Bannon. Bannon wants “just a brutal shutdown, and then open up a little bit faster. So you know, there’s that fine line.”

Late Sunday and into Monday morning Trump began retweeting supporters expressing exasperation with social distancing efforts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Time for Hannity and the boys and girls to shift stance again. Wonder how that’s going to play with the senior repugs who are dropping like flies.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    White bags celebrating individual self destructive freedoms while shunning science? Pretty good chance.
    I’m gonna throw out a wild guess that there were a few sideways MAGA hats being worn on those beaches

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    read the rest of the paragraph you ing idiot.

There will ultimately be a compromise between total safety and trying to keep the world economy from self destructing.
    Goalpost moving detected.

First you claim you said something you clearly didn’t and now you’re changing the subject to no no what I meant is compromise. dumb Republican

Makes a post talking about one thing then sees Trump’s tweet and goes in defense mode.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are so ing stupid. Were all those kids on spring break at South Padre republicans?
    Everyone is stupid this morning according to mustache man. meltdown

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goalpost moving detected.

First you claim you said something you clearly didn’t and now you’re changing the subject to no no what I meant is compromise. dumb Republican

Makes a post talking about one thing then sees Trump’s tweet and goes in defense mode.
    Damn you are an idiot. It was ALL in the original post you were too stupid to read.

It's not just Wall Street winehole. We are gonna be looking at massive economy disruptions. Maybe even great depression level despair. My initial optomism is long gone. This IS a war and like a war, there will be losses. The safest plan with the least loss of life to covid19 would probably be nationwide shelter in place for six to nine months. The tradeoff would be the total destruction of the world economy. There will ultimately be a compromise between total safety and trying to keep the world economy from self destructing. As an individual you always have the option of staying home.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when you said your optimism was gone and this was like war and that the safest plan is to shelter for 6 to 9 months was just an imaginary post?

Nowhere in there is the word “shouldn’t” either. you’re having a bad morning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an individual you always have the option of staying home.
    most average americans dont have that option as they have to eat and feed their families

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you've lost your sense of smell or taste, you could be a 'hidden carrier' of the coronavirus
    Business Insider article
    Adam Bienkov Mar 22, 2020, 6:45 AM

A sudden loss of smell — known as anosmia or hyposmia — could be a symptom of the coronavirus, even if patients experience no other symptoms, according to leading rhinologists in the UK.

Evidence from South Korea, China, and Italy suggests that many patients with COVID-19 may have experienced a loss of smell without any other symptoms.

The British Association of Otorhinolaryngology calls on the authorities to advise anyone with a loss of smell or taste to self-isolate.

Young people could be more likely to carry the disease without presenting the more commonly recognised symptoms of fever and coughing, they believe.

This was discussed on this forum related to baseline bum.
    I guess just like with vampires hanging garlic around your neck could save you from coronavirus. If they can’t smell it run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    most average americans dont have that option as they have to eat and feed their families
    nationwide shelter in place would have the exact same result except it wouldn't be by your choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nationwide shelter in place would have the exact same result except it wouldn't be by your choice.
    nope. shelter in place would need to include help for out of work quarantiners(food/money)

also it would have the benefit of reducing spread

those 2 would be absent in your scenario

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So when you said your optimism was gone and this was like war and that the safest plan is to shelter for 6 to 9 months was just an imaginary post?

Nowhere in there is the word “shouldn’t” either. you’re having a bad morning.
    Give it up, dude. You have already proven to everyone here that you have terrible reading comprehension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope. shelter in place would need to include help for out of work quarantiners(food/money)

also it would have the benefit of reducing spread

those 2 would be absent in your scenario
    what are you going to buy with that money if the economy collapses?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one more tidbit for those who say short term shutdown is an option:

- the virus has its own schedule of infection waves. it will not be on our schedule. wed have to adapt to the virus not vice versa
    - lets say we somehow get it under control in a few weeks internally. we would immediately start importing cases and go back to square one. this is a WORLD PANDEMIC. no way a single country can win by itself

we have to mive as fast as ge entire world moves

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give it up, dude. You have already proven to everyone here that you have terrible reading comprehension.
    As per the responses you have gotten from other posters in this very same thread about the subject. You brought it up, you’re getting push back. You’re getting angry.

The end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what are you going to buy with that money if the economy collapses?
    if?? the economy has already collapsed

its wartime. time to survive. well worry about the economy later

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From Bloomberg
    President Donald Trump began talking privately late last week about reopening the nation, despite the swiftly rising number of coronavirus cases and against the advice of health professionals, because he’s worried about the economic damage from an extended shutdown, according to people familiar with his thinking.

The shortage of testing kits has made it difficult to assess the full spread of the virus, but Trump and a contingent of his aides, including Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, want to ensure that the economic damage from a nationwide “social distancing” campaign doesn’t outweigh the potential toll from the virus itself, the people said.

“WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!” Trump tweeted late Sunday.

The president started talking about how to get people back to work around Thursday, two of the people said, only three days after he helped roll out a 15-day plan from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to stem the rise of cases by encouraging most people to stay at home. That campaign would end about March 31.

The discussions centered on what to do after the 15-day period ends, and how to test and isolate everyone who’s sick so healthy people can return to work. It’s likely the CDC guidelines would be relaxed rather than scrapped altogether, one person said.

The government’s top health authorities have warned that in the absence of any viable medical treatment, sustained and economically painful restrictions on daily life are the only way to beat the virus. This group is led by Deborah Birx, the State Department doctor tapped to advise Vice President Mike Pence on the government’s response to the outbreak, and Anthony Fauci, the influential director of the National Ins ute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

The economy is reeling as cases rise and the death toll mounts. Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis President James Bullard predicted the U.S. unemployment rate may hit 30% in the second quarter, along with a 50% drop in gross domestic product. Morgan Stanley said Sunday it expects the U.S. economy to plummet 30% in the second quarter.

There had been more than 35,000 cases of the disease in the U.S. by Monday and more than 400 deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University.

Social distancing didn’t begin with Trump’s guidelines and won’t necessarily end if he lifts them, as governors and municipal leaders have the power to issue “shelter in place” and other orders limiting daily life in virus-ravaged parts of the country. But the president has considerable power to influence Americans’ behavior by the tone he sets at what has become daily, televised White House news conferences.

“We’ll get a pretty good idea what we’re doing” at the end of his “15 Days to Slow the Spread” campaign on March 31, Trump said Sunday. “You know there will be a point at which we say: ‘We’re back in business, let’s go.”

Some of the debate over how rapidly Americans should return to work is beginning to play out in public.

Former Goldman Sachs Inc. Chief Executive Officer Lloyd Blankfein said in a tweet Sunday night that “within a very few weeks” people at “lower risk to the disease” should return to work.
    “Is it time to start discussing the need for a date when the economy can turn back on?” Trump’s former economic adviser, Gary Cohn, tweeted on Sunday. “Businesses need clarity. Otherwise they will assume the worst and make decisions to survive.”

But another former senior aide to Trump, Steve Bannon, said the president should take even stronger measures to limit Americans’ social interactions over the next two weeks in order to snuff out the virus -- or risk irreversible economic damage.

“We’re going to have to take the pain up-front. We’re going to have to shut it all down,” Bannon said on Fox News on Sunday. “Drop the hammer today on the virus.”

Trump said Sunday he’d seen both comments. “They are not mutually exclusive, they sort of inter-mesh,” he said of Cohn and Bannon. Bannon wants “just a brutal shutdown, and then open up a little bit faster. So you know, there’s that fine line.”

Late Sunday and into Monday morning Trump began retweeting supporters expressing exasperation with social distancing efforts.
    There's a difference between wrecking an economy and allowing tens of thousands of your own citizens to die. Economies can be rebuilt, the dead can't be revived.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From Bloomberg

Where did you get this from? Link?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if?? the economy has already collapsed

its wartime. time to survive. well worry about the economy later
    I'm not talking about stock prices. I'm talking about daily goods and services. I'm already seeing it in business. Got an email from GM that my 2019 truck had a "serious" problem they had detected remotely and to go to my dealer within 7 days. Went in and it turned out to be a fuel flow sensor. The problem? The sensor is made in China and they aren't making them anymore because of covid19. GM doesn't have them and has no idea when they will get them. Dealer said "as long as your truck is working OK, keep driving it'. What happens next time when it makes the truck quit working? The truck is just an analogy. Our whole world supply chain is interconnected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did you get this from? Link?
    Bloomberg article behind a paywall. Have a subscription and C/P it.
    Bloomberg has quite a few good articles but unfortunately have kept paywall up on everything. Subscription’s pretty cheap though relative to a lot of them. Michael has to recoup his loses.

Thread Information