Page 299 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1992492892952962972982993003013023033093493997991299 ... LastLast
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record, I hope social distancing is bending the curve. I just think it's too soon to tell what trajectory we're on. The USA is large, countermeasures are not uniform, and COVID-19 seems likely to come at us in successive waves until there's a vaccine.
    It is going to come in waves. Heard someone estimate April 18th as the peak. That seems optimistic in the extreme.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A reset on the kill rate:::0.66%

(CNN)How many people die after being infected with the novel coronavirus? Fewer than previously calculated, according to a study released Monday, but still more than die from the flu.

The research, published in the medical journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases, estimated that about 0.66% of those infected with the virus will die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I remember the narrative of these idiots supposedly "trusting" Trump so much they self medicated on fish cleaner. They didn't even have symptoms. Yeah, your bull narrative collapsed but I hope you had fun pushing it so you could blame Trump.
    “I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, ‘Hey, isn’t that the stuff they’re talking about on TV?’ ” the wife, who was not named, told the network. “We were afraid of getting sick.”
    Her words. Exactly.

No one was talking about this but Trump, trying to tout a "miracle" drug. Do you want to see all the Fox propaganda pieces on it?

"collapse of the narrative" my ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(CNN)How many people die after being infected with the novel coronavirus? Fewer than previously calculated, according to a study released Monday, but still more than die from the flu.

The research, published in the medical journal The Lancet Infectious Diseases, estimated that about 0.66% of those infected with the virus will die.
    Bear in mind that is the estimated "everybody who gets infected with it, detected or not" estimate.

Not the case rate, of people who express enough symptoms to warrant a test and/or hospitalization.

That is estimated to be about one or two percent, possibly more. Take the "cases" you see advertised at take about 1.5% of that. Seems to be pretty constant across all states, any time I look. It will probably be MUCH higher in Florida tho. Wait until it decimates a few retirement homes/communities. Ish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

... and the flu death rate is....?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just basic math. The Imperial Model assumed a 3.4 percent mortality rate (2.2 million dead from 60 million infections). The Lancet paper I posted is the most thorough examination yet of what the true CFR might be, and they're estimating .66. So even if we were to do "nothing," it would result in about 400K, which is still really bad, but not the apocalyptic amount projected in the Imperial study. That initial projection, again, should be rendered to the dustbin. And I'm not saying this because "I'm an optimist" or playing "armchair epidemiologist." I'm echoing what the Lancet paper found. But yeah, my intuition was always that the 3.4 percent CFR was a very high estimate.
    Of course they assumed a higher rate dude. If we did nothing, the rate goes up because people die that have no access to basic care like vents. CFR is not a static measurement. We literally saw this in Italy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course they assumed a higher rate dude. If we did nothing, the rate goes up because people die that have no access to basic care like vents. CFR is not a static measurement. We literally saw this in Italy.
    Eyup. Italy is the worst case scenario. Perfect storm of older population, and overwhelmed hospital system.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germany is lagging FR and IT

1000s of USA doctors, nurses, grocery staff will get infected, maybe die for lack of PPE. Italy has gone full-body HAZMAT, USA is using scarves, bandanas, re-using infected masks
    The difference between Ger and It/Fra/Spa is organisation and crisis managment on the one hand, but also some kind of luck concerning the people that got hit by the virus (younger or older).

In the last days a retirement home at Wolfsburg got struck by multiple deaths. If that continues, death rate will go up here also...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good night. Hope you and your families stay safe.

Keep your fingers out of your eyes and nose.
    If that was a surefire killer I'd probably be dead by now.

Do you know how hard I've tried to mind not to touch my face and ? It's impossible to remember not to do it. When I do I'm like I'm not supposed to do that.

best you can do is stay home honestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Death rate of COVID-19

• 80+ years old 14.8%
    • 70-79 years old 8.0%
    • 60-69 years old 3.6%
    • 50-59 years old 1.3%
    • 40-49 years old 0.4%
    • 30-39 years old 0.2%
    • 20-29 years old 0.2%
    • 10-19 years old 0.2%
    • 0-9 years old no fatalities

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that was a surefire killer I'd probably be dead by now.

Do you know how hard I've tried to mind not to touch my face and ? It's impossible to remember not to do it. When I do I'm like I'm not supposed to do that.

best you can do is stay home honestly.
    Not touching the face is very difficult. Not touching your , that seems like an easier task but with no toilet paper, who knows?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not touching the face is very difficult. Not touching your , that seems like an easier task but with no toilet paper, who knows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

eerie tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Death rate of COVID-19

• 80+ years old 14.8%
    • 70-79 years old 8.0%
    • 60-69 years old 3.6%
    • 50-59 years old 1.3%
    • 40-49 years old 0.4%
    • 30-39 years old 0.2%
    • 20-29 years old 0.2%
    • 10-19 years old 0.2%
    • 0-9 years old no fatalities
    That's pretty bad, but also don't think it accounts for deaths related to COVID due to collapsed systems, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germany cases jump by about 4,000 in 24 hrs

so much for the great healthcare tbqh

they might shut it all down soon

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germany cases jump by about 4,000 in 24 hrs

so much for the great healthcare tbqh

they might shut it all down soon
    New cases count there is down for the third straight day from a high of 6900+. Depending on the testing, that could be pretty good news for them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New cases count there is down for the third straight day from a high of 6900+. Depending on the testing, that could be pretty good news for them.
    their daily cases have gone up and down before

they might have done less testing last couple days

their death rate has risen by 10x in the last week

they were 10 a day 7 days ago, now 100 a day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    their daily cases have gone up and down before

they might have done less testing last couple days

their death rate has risen by 10x in the last week

they were 10 a day 7 days ago, now 100 a day
    Deaths are a trailing stat.

Just have to wait and see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deaths are a trailing stat.

Just have to wait and see.
    sure but looks like regardless of your quality of healthcare and testing anything but a complete shutdown wont do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked at my county. No cases in my zip code yet. Hooray?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once NY hits it’s apex in 2 weeks, we should see a drastic drop in cases/deaths.

Most of the cases and deaths are coming out of here. So unless there is another epicenter state with same cases, we should see a drop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once NY hits it’s apex in 2 weeks, we should see a drastic drop in cases/deaths.

Most of the cases and deaths are coming out of here. So unless there is another epicenter state with same cases, we should see a drop.
    Testing is so ed who knows what's going to happen? Maybe not anything quite as bad as NYC but Florida, NOLA and Detroit look like they're going to suck.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    saying we're going to see a drastic drop in NY but when NY hits it's apex NOla will be on the rise, and who knows how many of them find their way into texas when hits the fan over there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Death rate of COVID-19

• 80+ years old 14.8%
    • 70-79 years old 8.0%
    • 60-69 years old 3.6%
    • 50-59 years old 1.3%
    • 40-49 years old 0.4%
    • 30-39 years old 0.2%
    • 20-29 years old 0.2%
    • 10-19 years old 0.2%