My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh the days of double digit ICU availability....

And to use Darrin's re ed metric, I don't know any of these people in our ICUs.
    Austin is approaching the peak it set in the 2nd wave in terms of hospital utilization.

Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas have nearly vertical utilization graphs, and look to be following suit, especially as I am sure patients from Austin are being shunted to those cities that have capacity.

Looks like we are going to need more refrigerated trailers parked in front of morgues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No we won't. We're already at 100,000 cases a day and no one gives a . With no mitigation efforts I wonder if this will even be a wave or just burn through the entire population.
    https://covid-19.tacc.utexas.edu/dashboards/texas/

You can check out various cities, as well as Texas as a whole.

The uptick in hospitalizations is approaching a vertical line.

Welcome to the test-tube.

Fascists running the state didn't care when hundreds died from the cold, I wonder how they will handle pictures of dead people stacked up in hospital hallways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many of those are RCT's as that is what I asked for.
    Also... it doesn't really matter.

Masks work.

That is enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://covid-19.tacc.utexas.edu/dashboards/texas/

You can check out various cities, as well as Texas as a whole.

The uptick in hospitalizations is approaching a vertical line.

Welcome to the test-tube.

Fascists running the state didn't care when hundreds died from the cold, I wonder how they will handle pictures of dead people stacked up in hospital hallways.
    Failing Joe Biden should do something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember some people screeching about seatbelts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no duh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good luck kids, hope your parents got vaxxed.

~40,000 children in the US have lost a parent to COVID so far.

"back to school" in the teeth of the 5th wave of COVID is homicidal stupidity, but even short of hastening children and their families to early graves, suffering and disability will be widespread.

"Children need to be in school," said Julie Swann, a health systems engineer at North Carolina State University. "Those of us who have experienced last year, we know it."

Swann recently published a report that found that without masking in schools, an additional 70% of children could be infected with the coronavirus within three months. Her research also shows that even if masking is required in all schools, she still expects 40% of elementary school students to be infected within three months.
    https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/...arents/?latest

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You make no sense. N95’s are approved by OSHA.
    You posted a lot more requirements than a mere mask.
    Dont give me this ... You make no sense, dont pretend to be stone-like ignorant of your own posts.
    you dont even read them, I should know this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ahh the meat packers.
    Treat em like dogs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have my doubts schools in northwest will start in person tbqh

I would wager they start virtual through next year. Especially elementary. Maybe middle, high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The numbers frequently cited don't communicate how infectious and deadly this virus is.

For instance, less than 10% of the world population has contracted COVID, so we could falsely say there's a greater than a 90% chance you won't get COVID. The numbers are similar in the states, as less than .002% of the population has died from COVID, 99.983% have survived. We all know those numbers ignore exposure. Those numbers would be much greater if everyone was exposed. This goes the same for the 125,000 breakthrough cases. It's misleading to say 99.99% of vaccinated people won't catch COVID because of the relatively small number of breakthrough cases at this point. Again, it ignores exposure, and I can attest that after my wife and brother contracted COVID after being fully vaccinated, the symptoms are much worse than some would like to believe.

Not sure where we are headed with seemingly never ending and worsening mutations, but I'm fully vaccinated and didn't contract it from my wife, so the vaccine is working at least a little bit. An Israeli study showed Pfizer at about 66% efficacy against infection. I think that's about right, as my brother contracted the virus at a conference where about a 1/3 got infected and everyone was vaccinated. No one died, one was hospitalized, and I know of one other who said he felt like he was going to die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying to get delta. Need a free boost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The numbers frequently cited don't communicate how infectious and deadly this virus is.

For instance, less than 10% of the world population has contracted COVID, so we could falsely say there's a greater than a 90% chance you won't get COVID. The numbers are similar in the states, as less than .002% of the population has died from COVID, 99.983% have survived. We all know those numbers ignore exposure. Those numbers would be much greater if everyone was exposed. This goes the same for the 125,000 breakthrough cases. It's misleading to say 99.99% of vaccinated people won't catch COVID because of the relatively small number of breakthrough cases at this point. Again, it ignores exposure, and I can attest that after my wife and brother contracted COVID after being fully vaccinated, the symptoms are much worse than some would like to believe.

Not sure where we are headed with seemingly never ending and worsening mutations, but I'm fully vaccinated and didn't contract it from my wife, so the vaccine is working at least a little bit. An Israeli study showed Pfizer at about 66% efficacy against infection. I think that's about right, as my brother contracted the virus at a conference where about a 1/3 got infected and everyone was vaccinated. No one died, one was hospitalized, and I know of one other who said he felt like he was going to die.
    60% vaxed protection sounds about right tbqh

We all gonna get it by end of this year. Remember you have 40% to catch it every single day from today on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should be easy. 40% everyday just go maskless to bars, etc everyday.

Just hope that you dont have a hidden disease like cancer cause Covid will let you know the news in a big way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *makes the sign of the cross*

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Try not being a .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asa Hutchinson shuns COVID countermeasures, wants to toss the hot potato back to the local level.

ing coward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    60% vaxed protection sounds about right tbqh

We all gonna get it by end of this year. Remember you have 40% to catch it every single day from today on.
    I don't think it works that way. hahaha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You keep saying we see this correlation in the statistics and yet you continue avoid posting anything backing up your claims. You were just given countries with the highest mask compliance rates in the world and...no comment.

Capitalizing something doesn't prove anything. You need to start providing all of these statistics you keep clamoring about, and while you are digging those up find me an RCT as well.

I'll start with an RCT

https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/m20-6817
    I don't think the conclusions say what you think they do.

Yet, the findings were inconclusive and cannot definitively exclude a 46% reduction to a 23% increase in infection of mask wearers in such a setting. It is important to emphasize that this trial did not address the effects of masks as source control or as protection in settings where social distancing and other public health measures are not in effect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hospital workers aren't wearing the same masks that the majority of the general public are.
    Yet, the same study you just posted above includes this nugget:

A published meta-analysis found no statistically significant difference in preventing influenza in health care workers between respirators (N95 [American standard] or FFP2 [European standard]) and surgical face masks

Cited study here: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/jebm.12381

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still waiting for you to post an RCT showing how well masks work.
    Here's a beakdown of that study by actual doctors, along with links to multiple published studies and models.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/e...ad-danmask-19/

There's no criticism on carrying out the study itself, it's simply not conclusive.

Hopefully you take the time to read it, and helps dispel the myth that mask mandates are not based on science or that masks don't work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UAE approves use of China’s Sinopharm vaccine for children aged 3 and over

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/scie...ren-aged-3-and

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ahh the meat packers.
    Treat em like dogs.
    Mother er Biden strikes again.