My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The only place I post anything online is here.

1. Masks don’t work for this virus as I’ve repeatedly shown. Find me an RCT trial that says otherwise.
    And then you went on to post nonsense about me posting from a shower and other BS.
    This is what you said immediately after. At least a day or two later you retracted this after getting bombarded.
    You, are a liar.

Now you are saying masks that are worn improperly dont work as well... you are scrambling all over the place

So now you ARE saying N95s work well but you want DATA from me? Seriously, I thought you were sort of noble keeping with your bet with Djohn, but now you show yourself as a true punk.
    You never found an RCT trial saying otherwise.

You brought up out of nowhere that you were going to take a shower you senile old fart

Properly fitted N95s do work well and I said so myself, there is plenty of data on that. I never asked you for data on that.

You are all over the place. Go take a nap and clear your head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, if some place asks me to wear a mask, I keep some in my vehicle. No big deal.

I don't think the ones most people use are nearly as effective as n95/K-n95.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Doomsday COVID Variant Worse Than Delta and Lambda May Be Coming

Scientists keep underestimating the coronavirus. In the beginning of the pandemic,

they said mutated versions of the virus wouldn't be much of a problem—

until the more-infectious Alpha caused a e in cases last fall.

Then Beta made young people sicker and

Gamma reinfected those who'd already recovered from COVID-19.

Still, by March, as the winter surge in the U.S. receded, some epidemiologists were cautiously optimistic that the rapid vaccine rollout would soon tame the variants and cause the pandemic to wind down.

Delta has now shattered that optimism.

This variant, first identified in India in December, spreads faster than any previous strain of SARS-CoV-2, as the COVID-19 virus is officially named.

It is driving up infection rates in every state of the U.S., prompting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to once again recommend universal mask-wearing.

The Delta outbreak is going to get much worse,

"The number of intensive-care beds needed could be higher than any time we've seen,"

almost every single one of the 100 million unvaccinated Americans who hasn't had COVID-19 yet will likely get it in the coming months,

short of taking the sort of strong isolation and masking precautions that seem unlikely in the vaccine-hesitant population.

"We've failed to shut this down as we have other pandemics,"

"It may be around forevermore, leaving us continually trying to figure out what to do next."

Delta, like most of the other variants, blindsided us, worsening and extending the pandemic.

Eta, which is now in several countries;

Kappa, which arose in India;

Iota, which first popped up in New York City—and especially

Lambda
    , which has torn through Peru and shows signs of having unusual success in infecting fully vaccinated people,

the chances that a virus in the population will produce a much more dangerous variant in the course of a year would normally be extremely low.

But when billions of people are infected with billions of copies of a virus, all bets are off.

"Vaccines are the key, and vaccine hesitancy is the obstacle." "hesitancy" how about "refusal"

There's no reason to assume Delta represents any sort of ceiling in infectiousness.

https://www.newsweek.com/2021/08/13/...y-1615874.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well no .

Big Pharma has to be licking their chops at this point. New vaccines, yearly boosters. Not to mention all the drugs they'll be selling to treat the lingering side effects of the virus.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well no .

Big Pharma has to be licking their chops at this point. New vaccines, yearly boosters. Not to mention all the drugs they'll be selling to treat the lingering side effects of the virus.
    Tell it, SfS.

Testify!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

On mother er Biden's watchPERIOD

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Meh, if some place asks me to wear a mask, I keep some in my vehicle. No big deal.

I don't think the ones most people use are nearly as effective as n95/K-n95.
    "A piece of gauze proved worthless."

100 years ago. Nothing has changed. Take any mask go into your bathroom with a can of Raid. Close the door. Don your mask, spray the Raid. You'll smell it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well no .

Yearly? Pfizer CEO is asking for 6 month boosters

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "A piece of gauze proved worthless."

100 years ago. Nothing has changed. Take any mask go into your bathroom with a can of Raid. Close the door. Don your mask, spray the Raid. You'll smell it.
    How many times have you done this experiment, cubby? Would explain a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think either is lying. And what I had just quoted was from the study you cited
    They directly contradict each other. One of them is right and one is wrong, you posted both. You can't have both positions at the same time and claim you're not wrong.

Osterholm and I are in agreement

"The messaging that dominates our COVID-19 discussions right now makes it seem that – if we are wearing cloth masks – you're not going to infect me and I'm not going to infect you," he continues.

"I worry that many people highly vulnerable to life-threatening COVID-19 will hear this message and make decisions that they otherwise wouldn't have made about distancing because of an unproven sense of cloth mask security."

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...out-face-masks
    But you keep cherry picking and peddling half the story, something Osterholm actually had to go out and ask people like you not to do.

Osterholm wears cloth masks, admitted by himself. Hopefully that's enough for you to stop spreading FUD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's weird. You are posting quotes from Osterholm from July 2020. I'm talking about comments he made this week. This can be looked up, video and all, in 2 minutes, but I won't make you look for it

You can now apologize for calling me a liar.
    he didn't say masks don't work, he said they're "not very effective". Why do you keep lying about this?

I quoted what Osterholm said. It doesn't matter if it was a year ago or not, that's still him, correct?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody and their mother know N95s are better masks. This isn't a revelation, but extrapolating that to mean "masks don't work" is the kind of absolute fake news you'd expect from outright liars or re s.

I think you're smarter than that, and this is just a schtick, but it's still a lie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he didn't say masks don't work, he said they're "not very effective". Why do you keep lying about this?

I quoted what Osterholm said. It doesn't matter if it was a year ago or not, that's still him, correct?
    soph•ism sŏf′ĭz″əm►
    n. A plausible but fallacious argument.
    n. Deceptive or fallacious argumentation.
    n. A false argumentation devised for the exercise of one's ingenuity or for the purpose of deceit; sometimes, a logically false argumentation; a fallacy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When examining the entire population, the deficits were most pronounced for paradigms that tapped cognitive functions such as reasoning, problem solving, spatial planning and target detection whilst sparing tests of simpler functions such as working-memory span as well as emotional processing. These results accord with reports of long-COVID, where 'brain fog', trouble concentrating and difficulty finding the correct words are common.
    Weird.

Sounds a lot like my dad for the last few years.

We have evidence that some forms of chronic fatigue are due to long term viral illnesses. Makes me wonder if he is suffering from something along those lines.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, there it is.

Just to contrast myself with you, I don't wish death or bankruptcy on the unvaccinated, just because they chose to support Biden. Because I'm not a garbage human.
    At this point the fascists are a direct threat to the country. Jan 6 proved that.

Not going to apologize. They have become what they claim Democrats are.

The time for such things has passed, IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homicidal DeSantis Defiantly Responds to Biden’s Covid Leadership Criticism:

‘I’m Gonna Stand in Your Way’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/desantis...d-in-your-way/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis to Biden: 'I don't want to hear blip about COVID from you' until you do your job and secure border
    DeSantis said Biden is 'importing' COVID from around the world

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point the fascists are a direct threat to the country. Jan 6 proved that.

Not going to apologize. They have become what they claim Democrats are.

The time for such things has passed, IMO.

Just glad you aren't a healthcare worker, psycho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeSantis to Biden: 'I don't want to hear blip about COVID from you' until you do your job and secure border
    DeSantis said Biden is 'importing' COVID from around the world
    Florida is hundreds of miles from the border. he's deflecting blame where it doesnt make sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if its all theater, why do you keep telling people to "wear a ing mask"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida is hundreds of miles from the border. he's deflecting blame where it doesnt make sense
    Once youre in youre in. You can ride a bus to FLA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once youre in youre in. You can ride a bus to FLA
    is there any data suggesting that significant numbers of border crossers are getting into FLA and spreading covid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is there any data suggesting that significant numbers of border crossers are getting into FLA and spreading covid?
    Didnt claim that. You claim Florida gov should not worry about border since Florida is hundreds of miles from a border

Thats just a silly statement

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didnt claim that. You claim Florida gov should not worry about border since Florida is hundreds of miles from a border

Thats just a silly statement
    not silly at all. there's nothing to indicate that the border is having any impact on florida's covid numbers.

remember deathsentence is the moron who literally made it illegal for CRUISE liners to require proof of vaccination

Thread Information