Page 769 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2696697197597657667677687697707717727737798198691269 ... LastLast
Results 19,201 to 19,225 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Republican governor that gets it...

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I'd seen data showing countries hit hard in last year's flu season are faring much better with covid now than countries with weak flu seasons last year...and this isn't encouraging for next year's flu season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida set another record. 156 reported deaths. And remember the backfill. These are likely deaths from two to four weeks ago when Florida's surge wasn't as large as it's been over the past two weeks.

Team Reality

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd seen data showing countries hit hard in last year's flu season are faring much better with covid now than countries with weak flu seasons last year...and this isn't encouraging for next year's flu season.

Is this guy trying to imply that Covid deaths are simply "balancing the scales" per the CDC's multiyear projection of flu deaths? Further implying that there's nothing to see here. "Hey, when you zoom out over the past 3 years, we beat the death projections for respiratory illnesses!"

If he's trying to fire a warning shot to prepare for a very bad flu season that will run alongside Covid, fair enough. But I saw he retweets Justin Hart, so now I'm reading this with a bit more skepticism. Ah, there it is.

I mean, just . This is like saying we've beaten projected gun violence deaths over 3 years (by let's say 10,000) and then waving off a month of Stephen Paddock level mass shootings as "just playing catch up."

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Is this guy trying to imply that Covid deaths are simply "balancing the scales" per the CDC's multiyear projection of flu deaths? Further implying that there's nothing to see here. "Hey, when you zoom out over the past 3 years, we beat the death projections for respiratory illnesses!"

If he's trying to fire a warning shot to prepare for a very bad flu season that will run alongside Covid, fair enough. But I saw he retweets Justin Hart, so now I'm reading this with a bit more skepticism. Ah, there it is.

I mean, just . This is like saying we've beaten projected gun violence deaths over 3 years (by let's say 10,000) and then waving off a month of Stephen Paddock level mass shootings as "just playing catch up."
    The quote you tweeted isn't even the same guy

Previous flu seasons strength or weakness has been a good indicator for which countries have been hit hardest with covid. I wasn't aware we had two weak seasons in a row.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The quote you tweeted isn't even the same guy

Previous flu seasons strength or weakness has been a good indicator for which countries have been hit hardest with covid. I wasn't aware we had two weak seasons in a row.
    I get that. I posted that reply because it seems the OP was chumming the waters for lockdown skeptics. Since he retweets Team Reality wonks, I figured that was his motive rather than a warning that it's going to get even worse during the winter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It begins.

BaselineBum

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was reported two days ago the hospital data to HHS would not be public.

One of the reasons for HHS exclusively controlling the data was for faster response and more transparency

Anybody have a link the HHS pandemic data?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It begins.

BaselineBum
    Wasn't it Splits who was early on saying Trump would just stop counting the bodies once it was around 100,000? A little late, but that projection has turned out to be golden it looks like.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    It begins.

BaselineBum
    Still showing for me

https://www.cdc.gov/nhsn/covid19/rep...hor_1587406850

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    It was reported two days ago the hospital data to HHS would not be public.

One of the reasons for HHS exclusively controlling the data was for faster response and more transparency

Anybody have a link the HHS pandemic data?
    This streamlining will allow the NHSN to increase its focus on another critical area for COVID-19, the nursing home and long-term care facility reporting needs—which, as we know, is also an absolutely central element of our pandemic response. All elements of our public health system are being stretched right now, and streamlining the hospital reporting system allows NHSN to concentrate its COVID-19 activity on the high-priority area of protecting the vulnerable in nursing homes.

To accomplish this, we have not changed the data ecosystem; we have merely streamlined the data collection mechanism for hospitals on the frontlines.

On the back end, whether collected by the CDC’s system, the third party vendor, or the states, the data ends up aggregated in the HHS Protect platform, where the CDC team and other federal response teams still have access to this information for their use in the response. Additionally, state and local public health departments also have access to this information in HHS Protect which allows them to access and use the same information that the federal response teams are using.

No one is taking access or data away from CDC.

I want to emphasize that having the fastest possible access to this data, as well as easy ways to analyze it, has very real benefits to our public health response. When we need to collect insights about emerging symptoms, for instance, which we are constantly learning more about, we can do that incredibly rapidly through TeleTracking.

This has no effect on CDC’s ability to use this data and continue churning out the daily data, the MMWRs, and the guidance we publish. In fact, the new infrastructure we have now actually provides our CDC team with easier access to a much broader variety of data sets than they would have without it.

Approximately 1,000 CDC experts have, and continue to have access to the raw data collected in HHS Protect—in addition to thousands of other public health professionals across HHS.

Our experts at the CDC are essential to our response, and that is why they have always had and continue to have access to all of the data we are collecting. That access is the same today as it was yesterday.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/...ollection.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    TSA

Tweets don't show up on this computer for some reason. Only way I can read them is if you put the whole tweet link in the [tweet] brackets and then I copy/paste into a new window.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This streamlining will allow the NHSN to increase its focus on another critical area for COVID-19, the nursing home and long-term care facility reporting needs—which, as we know, is also an absolutely central element of our pandemic response. All elements of our public health system are being stretched right now, and streamlining the hospital reporting system allows NHSN to concentrate its COVID-19 activity on the high-priority area of protecting the vulnerable in nursing homes.

To accomplish this, we have not changed the data ecosystem; we have merely streamlined the data collection mechanism for hospitals on the frontlines.

On the back end, whether collected by the CDC’s system, the third party vendor, or the states, the data ends up aggregated in the HHS Protect platform, where the CDC team and other federal response teams still have access to this information for their use in the response. Additionally, state and local public health departments also have access to this information in HHS Protect which allows them to access and use the same information that the federal response teams are using.

No one is taking access or data away from CDC.

I want to emphasize that having the fastest possible access to this data, as well as easy ways to analyze it, has very real benefits to our public health response. When we need to collect insights about emerging symptoms, for instance, which we are constantly learning more about, we can do that incredibly rapidly through TeleTracking.

This has no effect on CDC’s ability to use this data and continue churning out the daily data, the MMWRs, and the guidance we publish. In fact, the new infrastructure we have now actually provides our CDC team with easier access to a much broader variety of data sets than they would have without it.

Approximately 1,000 CDC experts have, and continue to have access to the raw data collected in HHS Protect—in addition to thousands of other public health professionals across HHS.

Our experts at the CDC are essential to our response, and that is why they have always had and continue to have access to all of the data we are collecting. That access is the same today as it was yesterday.

Who runs the HHS? A Trump lackey.

You're a supposed Libertarian, so I have zero clue why you'd be in favor of the centralization of the data here that the public won't have access to?

In that official "Ministry of Truth" release, I see nothing about the data remaining open to the public. And again, the CDC's dashboard says:

The following downloadable file contains national and state estimates from the NHSN COVID-19 Module. This file will not be updated after July 14, 2020 and includes data from April 1 to July 14.
    This is indefensible.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Who runs the HHS? A Trump lackey.

You're a supposed Libertarian, so I have zero clue why you'd be in favor of the centralization of the data here that the public won't have access to?

In that official "Ministry of Truth" release, I see nothing about the data remaining open to the public. And again, the CDC's dashboard says:

This is indefensible.
    If that is the case it's stupid. John Hopkins will still be available to the public so we aren't in the dark.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If that is the case it's stupid. John Hopkins will still be available to the public so we aren't in the dark.
    Hopefully it gets routed to both at the same time. If it has go though the HHS channel before JHU, then...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather than report information regarding Covid-19 hospitalizations and equipment to the Centers for Disease Control, hospitals across the country have now been told by the federal government to report that information to Pittsburgh-based TeleTracking Technologies Inc., according to an NPR report.
    https://www.bizjournals.com/pittsbur...r-for-cdc.html

This is like sending classified military information to Blackwater.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "ATLANTA (AP) — Mayors in Atlanta and other Georgia cities deepened their defiance of Gov. Brian Kemp on Thursday, saying they want their requirements for people to wear masks in public to remain in place, even after the Republican governor explicitly forbade cities and counties from mandating face coverings......"

Although national health officials have called on people to use masks, President Donald Trump’s administration has not issued any nationwide guidance. Twenty-five states and the District of Columbia now require masks....."

https://apnews.com/3db1db2c24ad60d215733cb7820892d5

Jesus this country is run by ing idiots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You actually think thats not happening?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

This isn't new.

================================================== ================

In April, HHS leaders, with input from CDC, created a new system, called HHS Protect, that allows us to combine data through systems like NHSN, as well as other public and private sources. The data reported from hospitals that went into HHS Protect either came through the NHSN, directly to HHS Protect from the states, or through a system called TeleTracking.

What we have now asked is that, going forward, states provide data from hospitals directly through the TeleTracking system or directly to the HHS Protect system.

First, this reduces the reporting burden—it reduces confusion and duplication of reporting. Streamlining reporting enables us to distribute scarce resources using the best possible data.

TeleTracking also provides rapid ways to update the type of data we are collecting—such as adding, for instance, input fields on what kind of treatments are being used. In order to meet this need for flexible data gathering, CDC agreed that we needed to remove NHSN from the collection process, in order to streamline reporting.

Thread Information