Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legal experts debunk Mike Lee's 'ludicrous' claim that mask mandates may violate the 1st Amendment

the Republican senator wrote,

"Wearing a mask in public communicates a message — one with which the wearer may strongly disagree.

Mask wearing also makes it harder to speak, be heard, and otherwise communicate,

especially considering that we use facial expressions — which are largely concealed by masks — to communicate a lot of information when we speak."

First Amendment attorney Ari Cohn, who described Lee's argument as "ludicrous."

"If Sen. Lee were truly interested in the legal issues rather than bad-faith performative nonsense,

basic legal research would have quickly disabused him of his idea's validity.

Even if it wasn't facially laughable,

Sen. Lee is simply wrong about the level of cons utional scrutiny that would be applied.

Mask mandates serve a government interest unrelated to the suppression of expression and

would be subject to a lower level of scrutiny.

The government would need only prove that the mandates serve a substantial government interest and

that there be no less restrictive means for serving that interest as efficiently as the mask mandate."

https://www.alternet.org/2021/08/republicans/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Texas’ largest counties — Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar and Travis — neighborhoods with the highest proportions of Black and Hispanic populations are some of the least vaccinated areas.
    Darrin with the daily muhhhh zip code. This one being racist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin with the daily muhhhh zip code. This one being racist.
    Its a quote from this article:

https://apps.texastribune.org/featur...814.1628000733

"The distribution of the vaccine is unequal, according to a Texas Tribune analysis. Among people who have received at least one shot, the percent of white recipients is more in line with their proportion of the state's population, while Hispanic and Black residents are being vaccinated at lower rates. In Texas’ largest counties — Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar and Travis — neighborhoods with the highest proportions of Black and Hispanic populations are some of the least vaccinated areas."

If you think their data is racist, you can reach out to the editor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its a quote from this article:

https://apps.texastribune.org/featur...814.1628000733

"The distribution of the vaccine is unequal, according to a Texas Tribune analysis. Among people who have received at least one shot, the percent of white recipients is more in line with their proportion of the state's population, while Hispanic and Black residents are being vaccinated at lower rates. In Texas’ largest counties — Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar and Travis — neighborhoods with the highest proportions of Black and Hispanic populations are some of the least vaccinated areas."

If you think their data is racist, you can reach out to the editor.
    There was no context here for you to bring this up, genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no context here for you to bring this up, genius.
    LaMarcus Bryant and RG were hoping the unvaccinated die or go broke from hospital bills.

I was pointing out that they wish this on blacks and Hispanics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another demographic with very low vaccination rate:

Pregnant women

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marble Falls is a conservative stronghold; 76% of its voters cast their ballots for Trump in 2020. The city is part of Burnet County, where 40% of residents are fully vaccinated — far behind the rates of neighboring Travis and Williamson counties, which are both around 56%.

Hesitancy for white conservatives, he said, hinges on “distrust of government,” while for Hispanic and Black residents it’s often a “lack of trust in the health care system” because of generations of disparities in the American system.

“For some individuals who have not had a lot of experience interacting in the health care system — perhaps they don’t have a primary care physician — this might create further doubt when we start talking about a vaccine because these kinds of experiences are new,” said Dr. John Carlo, CEO of Prism Health North Texas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaMarcus Bryant and RG were hoping the unvaccinated die or go broke from hospital bills.

I was pointing out that they wish this on blacks and Hispanics.
    They never said "we hope only the white unvaccinated idiots die"

That's all you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They never said "we hope only the white unvaccinated idiots die"

That's all you.

You're right. Evidently the "coconut minorities" are fair game, too.

In urban areas at this point, they are likely the coconut minorities trying to be white that vote maga for status, so screw them. Darwin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darrin was just complaining about me allegedly "making everything about race" and he is in here...making something about race

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ~3 million+ kids getting long COVID, just another milestone on the way to natural immunity and a return to normality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "However, the sensitivity analysis after excluding the trial by Loeb et al18 showed a significant effect of N95 respirators on preventing respiratory viral infections (RR = 0.61, 95% CI 0.39-0.98, P < .05)."

"Meta-analysis with fixed-effects model revealed that compared with surgical masks, N95 respirators significantly reduced bacterial colonization in hospitals (RR = 0.58, 95% CI 0.43-0.78, P < .05)"

"However, the sensitivity analysis after excluding the trial by Radonovich et al12 showed a significant effect of N95 respirators on preventing respiratory infection (RR = 0.53, 95% CI 0.35-0.82, P < .05). "

"The results of subgroup analyses indicated that statistically significant superiority of N95 respirators over surgical masks against influenza like illness (RR = 0.37, 95% CI 0.20-0.71, P < .05) in the community (only one RCT)"

The reason for the similar effects on preventing influenza for the use of N95 respirators versus surgical masks may be related to low compliance to N95 respirators wear,23 which may lead to more frequent doffing compared with surgical masks.13 Although N95 respirators may confer superior protection in laboratory studies designing to achieve 100% intervention adherence,24 the routine use of N95 respirators seems to be less acceptable due to more significant discomfort in real-world practice.11 Therefore, the benefit of N95 respirators of fitting tightly to faces is offset or subjugated
    So who's lying? The previous report you posted or what you just quoted?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday on CNN Biden's own Covid advisor Osterholm said the masks the general public are wearing don't work against Covid
    That's weird. Here's Osterholm asking people like you to stop miss-characterizing what he said:

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...out-face-masks

He added:

As for cloth masks, he said: "Again, I want to make it very clear that I support the use of cloth face coverings by the general public. I wear one myself on the limited occasions I'm out in public," he adds.

So, the question I have is why lie about this? This can be looked up, video and all, in 2 minutes.

If everyone was wearing properly fitted N95's I'd agree with you that masks work.
    Hey, you asked for a scientific retort of the report you posted and I provided it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've already said here one of my problems with masks is the false sense of security they give people. People who are sick are going out with a mask on when they should be staying home and people who are healthy are getting sick because they think a mask is keeping them safe and they are stupidly crowding in indoor areas where transmission is high.
    What you didn't say is that Osterholm is far from anti-mask, and he actually recommends people to wear masks... so why be coy about this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exponential spread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exponential spread

[FONT="]
    [/FONT]
    Need to test less...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID makes you gimpy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID makes you gimpy

Unfortunately this is only enticing if you're getting any pussy at all... not a game-changer for incels...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dad who tested positive on Friday, lost his sense of smell over the weekend and has had a rough fever. Enough to make my mom sweat and send him to Kaiser to get checked and get an X-ray to make sure there’s no pneumonia. Came back clean, but still has that fever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My dad who tested positive on Friday, lost his sense of smell over the weekend and has had a rough fever. Enough to make my mom sweat and send him to Kaiser to get checked and get an X-ray to make sure there’s no pneumonia. Came back clean, but still has that fever.
    Hope he gets better soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope he gets better soon.
    i'm glad my sister and i strong-armed him into getting vaccinated (though he opted for J&J )... he's in his 60's and fat

ironically, we told him that we wont let him visit his grandkids (my sister has a 1.5 year old, we have a newborn) without getting a shot... and he was unable to make his planned trip this weekend because he caught a breakthrough case anyway. but he could be doing worse. naturally, he still pushes the "its just a flu" talking points at me as he got home from his hopsital checkup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it

Good to hear

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    So who's lying? The previous report you posted or what you just quoted?
    I don't think either is lying. And what I had just quoted was from the study you cited

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    What you didn't say is that Osterholm is far from anti-mask, and he actually recommends people to wear masks... so why be coy about this?
    I've already said here one of my problems with masks is the false sense of security they give people. People who are sick are going out with a mask on when they should be staying home and people who are healthy are getting sick because they think a mask is keeping them safe and they are stupidly crowding in indoor areas where transmission is high.
    Osterholm and I are in agreement

"The messaging that dominates our COVID-19 discussions right now makes it seem that – if we are wearing cloth masks – you're not going to infect me and I'm not going to infect you," he continues.

"I worry that many people highly vulnerable to life-threatening COVID-19 will hear this message and make decisions that they otherwise wouldn't have made about distancing because of an unproven sense of cloth mask security."

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...out-face-masks

Thread Information