Page 856 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 3567568068468528538548558568578588598608669069561356 ... LastLast
Results 21,376 to 21,400 of 40770
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by tholdren
    Ruining lives to save 0 lives. Thats science!

Yes.
    Exactly.

Did you ask to be born? Cause if so, you should have said no.
    You said yes.
    And the rest of us suffer for it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-19-2020 at 06:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was just going to post this.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol wrong. Cases ed every time there is more testing. Actually more cases have come after mask mandate. Science

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol wrong. Cases ed every time there is more testing. Actually more cases have come after mask mandate. Science

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Third Coronavirus Surge Has Arrived

This week’s COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations make clear that the U.S. is once again sinking deeper into the pandemic.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2020/10/coronavirus-third-surge/616750

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Overdoses Are Skyrocketing During COVID-19.

The DEA Is Making It Worse.

the COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted treatment and aggravated the underlying causes of drug misuse, according to multiple data sources.

law enforcement restricts the supply of pharmaceutical opioids, forcing pain patients and drug users toward dangerous subs utes such as heroin and fentanyl that fuel high rates of fatal overdoses.

Reports gathered from across the country show a roughly 18 percent e in drug overdoses in the two months following March 19 of this year,

Since March, at least 40 states have reported an increase in opioid overdose deaths

the Trump administration continues to wage the failed war on drugs and people who use them,

while
    failing to increase access to addiction treatment at levels necessary for reducing overdose deaths.

“What COVID is doing is exacerbating problems that were already there when it came to dealing with the overdose crisis, so that it is even more difficult for people to get access to services.”

doctors must obtain
    a special federal waiver to prescribe buprenorphine, a drug proven to treat opioid addiction, and federal law restricts them from providing it for more than 100 patients at a time.

Today, the
    vast majority of doctors do not have a buprenorphine waiver, but they are legally allowed to prescribe other opioid drugs such as painkillers.

The DEA has raided and shut down pain and
    addiction treatment clinics as well as specialty pharmacies across the country, erecting massive barriers to care for patients.

doctors and pharmacies are discouraged from serving pain and addiction patients out of fear that they could be targeted by the DEA.

https://truthout.org/articles/overdo...king-it-worse/

Any pandemic is disruptive. The Trump-Made Pandemic is vastly more disruptive and mortal than necessary.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash will disappear in a few weeks

but The Trash-Made Pandemic will continue unabated, sickening and killing 100Ks of Americans

Epidemiologist warns next 6 to 12 weeks will be ‘darkest of the entire pandemic’

more epidemiologists are warning of tough times ahead in the fall and winter.

“The next six to 12 weeks are going to be the darkest of the entire pandemic,” Dr. Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota,

“When I was on this show last on Sept. 13,” Osterholm told moderator Chuck Todd,

“we had 33,000 cases reported that day.

You may recall I warned that we were going to see a very dark fall.

Friday, we had 70,000 cases,

matching the largest number we had seen back during the really serious peak in July.

That number, we’re going to blow right through that.

And between now and the holidays, we will see numbers much, much larger than even the 67,000 to 75,000 cases.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/...ntire-pandemic

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN hosts visibly unnerved after hearing doctor’s ‘bleak’ new COVID projections

an infectious disease expert warned the country is about to experience

“one of the darkest chapters in modern American history” thanks to
    the novel coronavirus pandemic.

Dr. Peter Hotez, the co-director of the Texas Children’s Hospital Center for Vaccine Development, told CNN on Tuesday that the

next three months were likely to be absolutely horrific when it comes to Americans’ health and well being.

“As bad as it’s been it’s about to get worse,”
    he said.

“And that’s based on projections about a fall/winter surge as people are indoors more…

some of the projections just awful.

We could be looking at a doubling of the number of deaths a week before the inauguration.

This is tough stuff.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/10/cnn-hosts-visibly-unnerved-after-hearing-doctors-bleak-new-projections

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash will disappear in a few weeks

but The Trash-Made Pandemic will continue unabated, sickening and killing 100Ks of Americans

Epidemiologist warns next 6 to 12 weeks will be ‘darkest of the entire pandemic’

more epidemiologists are warning of tough times ahead in the fall and winter.

“The next six to 12 weeks are going to be the darkest of the entire pandemic,” Dr. Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota,

“When I was on this show last on Sept. 13,” Osterholm told moderator Chuck Todd,

“we had 33,000 cases reported that day.

You may recall I warned that we were going to see a very dark fall.

Friday, we had 70,000 cases,

matching the largest number we had seen back during the really serious peak in July.

That number, we’re going to blow right through that.

And between now and the holidays, we will see numbers much, much larger than even the 67,000 to 75,000 cases.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/10/...ntire-pandemic

Ugh if it's Osterholm making that projection, you can take it to the ing bank. He was the one telling us it was airborne transmission back in March when everyone else thought it was mainly transmitted on surfaces by touch.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Ugh if it's Osterholm making that projection, you can take it to the ing bank. He was the one telling us it was airborne transmission back in March when everyone else thought it was mainly transmitted on surfaces by touch.
    I think it is.

By Thanksgiving we're gonna be at 1,200 deaths a day and 65k new daily cases over a 7 day average. That might even be a generous timeline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is.

By Thanksgiving we're gonna be at 1,200 deaths a day and 65k new daily cases over a 7 day average. That might even be a generous timeline.
    Probably generous. We were at those numbers during the Summer surge.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Probably generous. We were at the numbers during the Summer surge.
    Yeah I think it'll get even worse in December, mostly predicting how long it takes for us to ramp back up to summer surge numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think it'll get even worse in December, mostly predicting how long it takes for us to ramp back up to summer surge numbers.
    Ah I see now. That actually seems accurate. Then again 14 states have had record hospitalizations in just the past two weeks, so we'll see..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    foldren you're going to have to post 300 times a day now to mitigate all this science.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Ah I see now. That actually seems accurate. Then again 14 states have had record hospitalizations in just the past two weeks, so we'll see..
    Yeah it might be a quicker ramp up since the outbreaks we're seeing are in the brain dead muh heartland area of the country full of obese white trash that buys its groceries at Walmart. Even if half the population of Bismark were infected you'd never see a mask mandate in North Dakota

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    North Dakota

Those s had 50 ICU beds left last week. They were flying people to Cheyenne, Sioux Falls, and Minneapolis because their system is already collapsing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it is.

And then people meeting in large groups inside for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And you can bet if Trump loses he'll have the nation handed to Biden in the worst possible shape it can be. And if he wins he has no reason to give a about the people since he'll have just gotten elected to another four year term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    North Dakota

Those s had 50 ICU beds left last week. They were flying people to Cheyenne, Sioux Falls, and Minneapolis because their system is already collapsing.
    foldren will say no hospital over capacity because they flew them to others. Just like when the was happening in Texas.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    North Dakota

No matter how many North Dakota re s are subject to 100k medical bills because they got COVID, you can bet most of them will still be against masks and against Medicare for all

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And then people meeting in large groups inside for Thanksgiving and Christmas. And you can bet if Trump loses he'll have the nation handed to Biden in the worst possible shape it can be. And if he wins he has no reason to give a about the people since he'll have just gotten elected to another four year term.
    The only positive I see is that if the Democrats take control and handle COVID with a modi of competence, we'll be mostly back to normal by late 2022 and they'll actually do well in midterms despite being in the White House (similar to how 9/11 saved the GOP in 2002 midterms). National tragedy seems to be the one thing that makes it so the in bent party does well in midterm elections.

Thread Information