Page 1583 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 58310831483153315731579158015811582158315841585158615871593 ... LastLast
Results 39,551 to 39,575 of 40770
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    it's absurd to suggest masking doesn't mitigate the spread of of respiratory disease.

TSA just keeps ting his pants over and over in this thread.
    Drinking early today? I said shutting down schools was a terrible mistake and is the cause of the RSV e we are seeing, I said nothing of masks.

But...since you brought up masks that reminded me that you recently ran off in this thread after I called out for posting an absolutely study on masking in schools. Let's circle back to that now that you brought masks back up. Shall we?

masking mitigates disease and helps keep kids and teachers in school.

A new study in the New England Journal of Medicine sheds some light on this question. The authors examined COVID-19 case rates in districts in the Boston area after the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) lifted statewide school masking requirements in February 2022, in accordance with CDC guidance. What followed was a natural experiment in the impact of mask requirements, as school districts removed the requirement at different points in time or not at all. Two school districts (Boston and nearby Chelsea) retained the requirement throughout the study period.

The authors found that COVID-19 rates were similar among districts before the mask requirement was rescinded, then diverged quickly, with higher case rates in districts immediately following the removal of the mask requirement.

Approximately 12,000 cases, or 30% of all cases during the study period, were attributable to rescinding the mask requirement. The resulting illnesses led to substantial loss of in-person school days— an estimated minimum of 17,500 days of school absence in students and 6,500 days of staff absence—arguing for masks as a critical component of optimizing learning.
    https://time.com/6231516/universal-m...hows-how-well/

more TSA conspiracies

like I said, this isn't a matter of a single correlation in a single study. several posted itt come to similar conclusions.
    You posted a study. I'm sorry this is happening to you.

https://emilyburns.substack.com/p/no...kids-in-school
    You going to respond this time or abandon the thread again for another week in the hopes that I forget?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drinking early today? I said shutting down schools was a terrible mistake and is the cause of the RSV e we are seeing, I said nothing of masks.

But...since you brought up masks that reminded me that you recently ran off in this thread after I called out for posting an absolutely study on masking in schools. Let's circle back to that now that you brought masks back up. Shall we?

You going to respond this time or abandon the thread again for another week in the hopes that I forget?
    Happy to respond to any specific questions, I see nothing but a wall of text

Sorry you got lonely, sounds like a personal problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In passing, your opinion that one study I linked here is ty doesn't move the needle for me, the broad consensus of peer reviewed studies is that masking is effective. Many of them have been posted in this thread, happy to repost any that I can find, but feel free to use the search function if you start to feel lonely again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ordinarily, I'd be reluctant to repost Eric Feigl-Ding, but this is more detailed than most of the articles I've found this morning.

Note here the EFD isn't a zero COVID zealot. He seems to think, as I do do, that China's pivot to less restrictive COVID policies is big news for Chinese people and the world economy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC recommends masking to put a s ch in the transmission of at least three respiratory viruses.

Also, wash your hands and don't touch your face if you don't want to get sick. Flu and RSV are already ing and COVID's getting there again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The horses are already out of the barn, this recommendation is way too late. At least they're recommending higher quality masks this time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC: Long COVID behind more than 3,500 deaths

the text of death certificates from Jan. 1, 2020, through June 30, 2022, and found 3,544 deaths

mentioning key terms such as “chronic COVID,” “long COVID,” “long haul COVID,” or “long hauler COVID.”

growing recognition of the severity of long COVID, a condition that remains poorly understood.

The vast majority of deaths — 78.5 percent — were among white Americans

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3774790-cdc-long-covid-behind-more-than-3500-deaths

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my kid went through a bout of RSV last week. wasnt serious but hearing the wheezing at night was... uncomfortable

wife and i separately had the flu shortly after

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The horses are already out of the barn, this recommendation is way too late. At least they're recommending higher quality masks this time.
    Thanks nurse.

And no I wont wear a mask anymore. That s done. We already did that. Its over

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks nurse.

And no I wont wear a mask anymore. That s done. We already did that. Its over
    Tough guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Respiratory viruses don't care about hater's feelings, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wut?

Methods

We conducted a population-based longitudinal cohort analysis of adults and determined COVID vaccination status through linkages to individual electronic medical records. Traffic crashes requiring emergency medical care were subsequently identified by multicenter outcome ascertainment of all hospitals in the region over a 1-month follow-up interval (178 separate centers).

Results

A total of 11,270,763 individuals were included, of whom 16% had not received a COVID vaccine and 84% had received a COVID vaccine. The cohort accounted for 6682 traffic crashes during follow-up. Unvaccinated individuals accounted for 1682 traffic crashes (25%), equal to a 72% increased relative risk compared with those vaccinated (95% confidence interval, 63-82; P < 0.001). The increased traffic risks among unvaccinated individuals extended to diverse subgroups, was similar to the relative risk associated with sleep apnea, and was equal to a 48% increase after adjustment for age, sex, home location, socioeconomic status, and medical diagnoses (95% confidence interval, 40-57; P < 0.001). The increased risks extended across the spectrum of crash severity, appeared similar for Pfizer, Moderna, or other vaccines, and were validated in supplementary analyses of crossover cases, propensity scores, and additional controls.

Conclusions

These data suggest that COVID vaccine hesitancy is associated with significant increased risks of a traffic crash. An awareness of these risks might help to encourage more COVID vaccination.
    https://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002...822-1/fulltext

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Respiratory viruses don't care about hater's feelings, tbh.
    Neither do they care about your mask wearing feelings

You get a cold/flu you recover or die. This has been the case for millenia.

Cheers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one is making you wear a mask.

There's nothing to rebel against. Talk to a therapist about your dad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no one is making you wear a mask.

There's nothing to rebel against. Talk to a therapist about your dad.
    Pussy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're so insecure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pussy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? Because I'm not wearing a mask either?

Because real men get polio?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you thought COVID zero was bad, just wait.

The Financial Times reports that supply chain experts are warning that there is a growing risk of months-long disruption to the supply of iPhones. Unlike the previous outbreak at the Zhengzhou iPhone factory, this disruption will be much further spread due to potential worker shortages at component plants and assembly lines across the country.

“We should be seeing a lot of operations get impacted by absenteeism, not just at factories, but warehouse, distribution, logistic and transportation facilities as well,” said Bindiya Vakil, chief executive of supply chain mapping company Resilinc, told FT.

The supply chain issues are also expected to hit Apple’s bottom line. Analysts believe that Apple’s revenue will fall below its record of $123.9 billion in the same quarter of last year with profit expected to drop below 8%, but that’s just the last quarter of this year. Next year could be worse.

Along with supply issues, Apple also relies on mainland China for a fifth of its revenue. Worker shortages affect not only manufacturing but also retail, with Apple stores in China already cutting hours due to a lack of available employees. There is also a concern that given the crisis, Chinese consumers will also stop spending on non-essential items until the worst of the outbreak has passed
    https://siliconangle.com/2022/12/25/...utbreak-china/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apple is not alone in facing issues, with Tesla Inc. reported having suspended manufacturing at its Shanghai plant. The plant was expected to shut down over New Year, but the decision came earlier than expected.

Other companies with manufacturing facilities in mainland China that are likely to be affected include Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Microsoft Corp., Google LLC, Dell Corp. and HP Development Co. LP

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I had this sh1t this month. All I can say is, yes it's more of a head cold now, but don't believe the hype. It's stil pretty potent and you might also get weird symptoms not typical of covid like very sensitive skin, etc. I got better, then tested negative and then days later got a rebound infection. Also, initially makes it awkward going into the office for work purposes after recovery.

Not sure how effective this new booster is, but might not be a bad idea for those of you who want to avoid all this.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I had this sh1t this month. All I can say is, yes it's more of a head cold now, but don't believe the hype. It's stil pretty potent and you might also get weird symptoms not typical of covid like very sensitive skin, etc. I got better, then tested negative and then days later got a rebound infection. Also, initially makes it awkward going into the office for work purposes after recovery.

Not sure how effective this new booster is, but might not be a bad idea for those of you who want to avoid all this.
    If you can get Paxlovid it usually nixes the rebound infection and it makes it so the head cold symptoms last for a day tops. Once Paxlovid becomes widely available and is in full circulation COVID really won't be much of a thing imo

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If you can get Paxlovid it usually nixes the rebound infection and it makes it so the head cold symptoms last for a day tops. Once Paxlovid becomes widely available and is in full circulation COVID really won't be much of a thing imo
    Yeah, I've heard that's like a wonder drug but you have to get it early, like within 5 days of infection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I've heard that's like a wonder drug but you have to get it early, like within 5 days of infection.
    I took it when I had COVID last month. Worked great and no rebound.

Probably take a booster next month. Need a couple of months to pass since the infection before you can take the booster.

Thread Information