Page 925 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 42582587591592192292392492592692792892993597510251425 ... LastLast
Results 23,101 to 23,125 of 40770
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whats there to semen shield?
    Florida.

hater

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Researchers warn 'the devil is already here' after analysis of California COVID-19 variant

a COVID-19 variant in the state, which the Los Angeles Times reports appears "increasingly dangerous."

the B.1.427/B.1.429 COVID-19 variant spreading in California, and

they say that it "not only spreads more readily than its predecessors,

but also evades antibodies generated by COVID-19 vaccines or prior infection and

it's associated with severe illness and death,"

https://theweek.com/speedreads/968508/researchers-warn-devil-already-here-after-analysis-california-covid19-variant

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Osterholm is throwing in the towel. We will all have to live w this virus. Most likely he knows vaccines wont stop spread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would you think the vaccine will stop the spread of the virus? the vaccine preps your immune system to attack it and/or can prevent the virus from taking hold onto your cells. The vaccine on it's own doesn't kill the virus, it's not a disinfectant.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would you think the vaccine will stop the spread of the virus? the vaccine preps your immune system to attack it and/or can prevent the virus from taking hold onto your cells. The vaccine on it's own doesn't kill the virus, it's not a disinfectant.
    vaccines don't prevent infection

too early, but will some vaccinated people who get infected, have mild symptoms become long haulers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What

Of course vaccines supposed to stop spread thats the point of them dummy

Polio vaccine for example prevents spread. Yes it does not kill virus completely but prevents shedding of virus to stop spread to others

Thats kinda the point of vaccines

In terms of covid vaccines, well we are obviously still in experimental phase. Nobody knows not even the scientists. But its looking more and more like it does not prevents spread at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What

Of course vaccines supposed to stop spread thats the point of them dummy

Polio vaccine for example prevents spread. Yes it does not kill virus completely but prevents shedding of virus to stop spread to others

Thats kinda the point of vaccines

In terms of covid vaccines, well we are obviously still in experimental phase. Nobody knows not even the scientists. But its looking more and more like it does not prevents spread at all.
    yes, what?

No they don't, at least not directly. That includes the polio vaccine. It took 40 years for the US to be polio free (which really means no polio cases originated from the US), but polio is still around, especially in undeveloped countries. We had travelers bringing it back here (IIRC, last do ented case was in '93).

What vaccines do is assist the body in killing the virus, which, over time, it means it decreases the virus population, and thus risk of spread. Much like the effect of accelerated herd immunity.

We're going to be with this thing for long, what vaccines largely avoid is people dying from it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would be a big deal if they change guidance to one dose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn deaths going up almost 2.5k today

Infections going up slightly too

Let's see if Osterholms storm forecast starts showing up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn deaths going up almost 2.5k today

Infections going up slightly too

Let's see if Osterholms storm forecast starts showing up

Everything is trending down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is never going away. Most likely they will have an annual covid shot as it continues to mutate, much like the flu shot we take now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is never going away. Most likely they will have an annual covid shot as it continues to mutate, much like the flu shot we take now.
    Most likely

But its weird. My big bank clients are now talking about they might not go back to their offices at all this year. You'd think these s would face reality and adjust to new normal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC Urges Stricter Gym Precautions After COVID-19 Outbreaks Linked To Facilities

In Illinois, the CDC said, 68% of the 81 people who attended indoor exercise classes at one unidentified Chicago facility between Aug. 24 and Sept. 1 ended up contracting the virus.

Of those who contracted the virus, 44% admitted they attended an indoor exercise class either on or after the day that their symptoms first started,

In the case of Hawaii, 21 COVID-19 cases were linked to a fitness instructor who taught group classes at two fitness facilities in Honolulu immediately before he started showing symptoms of the virus on June 29.

One of his infected students, a 46-year-old man who worked as a personal trainer, went on to give fitness classes at a third gym before he was hospitalized for the virus.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cdc-stricter-gym-precautions-covid-19-outbreaks_n_6037f55ac5b6371109dabf7e

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything is trending down
    if you look at the global graph, many countries are having an uptick right now. even Israel, which is a place to watch since they're so far ahead of everyone on vaccination.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-cas...BR~CAN~DEU~FRA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you look at the global graph, many countries are having an uptick right now. even Israel, which is a place to watch since they're so far ahead of everyone on vaccination.

Funny. Israel got excited and opened up and everyone rushed to malls and restaurants. They also have a holiday coming up. It will be a good test case to watch. They have vacvinated nearly everyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny. Israel got excited and opened up and everyone rushed to malls and restaurants. They also have a holiday coming up. It will be a good test case to watch. They have vacvinated nearly everyone.
    their cpm is still relatively high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Over the last few weeks, cases and hospital admissions in the United States have been coming down since early January and deaths had been declining in the past week," Walensky said. "But the latest data suggest that these declines may be stalling, potentially leveling off at still a very high number. We at CDC consider this a very concerning shift in the trajectory."

The most recent seven-day average of cases — about 66,350 — is higher than the average reported on Wednesday, Walensky said, adding "it is important to remember where we are in the pandemic. Things are tenuous."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Over the last few weeks, cases and hospital admissions in the United States have been coming down since early January and deaths had been declining in the past week," Walensky said. "But the latest data suggest that these declines may be stalling, potentially leveling off at still a very high number. We at CDC consider this a very concerning shift in the trajectory."

The most recent seven-day average of cases — about 66,350 — is higher than the average reported on Wednesday, Walensky said, adding "it is important to remember where we are in the pandemic. Things are tenuous."
    ..and so is the US's

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CDC announces concern about the deaths appearing to stabilize at 2000+ / day

============

also:

https://www.statnews.com/feature/cor...id-19-tracker/

and the several new, more mortal variants haven't spread that much.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 02-26-2021 at 06:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Osterholm is throwing in the towel. We will all have to live w this virus. Most likely he knows vaccines wont stop spread.

osterholm is contemplating a situation where nearly the entire country has been vaccinated

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Looks like the LA variant is the next beast. Hopefully the vaccines are still effective against it. If not, just another reason to build a wall around California

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like the LA variant is the next beast. Hopefully the vaccines are still effective against it. If not, just another reason to build a wall around California
    fwiw, travel restrictions and robust quarantine procedures are strongly correlated with containment.

Thread Information