Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol wut?

Darrin is a variant of derp
    When a new VOC emerges from a highly vaccinated population it will be more vaccine resistant

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The science says you are one of the most protected people on the planet and you don't really need a booster. Then again, it's free and there haven't been any safety issues so no reason not to get it.

One bit of science that says you should get it is Shane Crotty's work showing repeated exposure to the e (virus or vaccine) builds the "library" of antibodies against future variants. Every time your immune system sees the e protein it gets better at anticipating how it is likely to mutate and produces antibodies to those future possible mutation. Pretty cool that evolution has taught our immune system to anticipate evolution.
    It has not.
    What is cool is that your immune system homes creates a variety of shapes that recognize the original strain and ALSO makes slightly different Abs than the original strain shape because your immune system basically is able to mutate or mix and match a bunch of different shapes close to the original. The DNA in our immune system cells makes "mistakes" when this mixing and matching occurs so that its not the best fit to the original strain, but WILL fit the new mutations.

This is random. Not anticipated. But it is the subtle changes from the original good fit gene.
    It is an absolutely beautiful system. And it has in turn been selected for. Messing with (mixing and matching immune cell DNA that codes for Abs) is actually an advantage in keeping up with mutations in a nature throws at us as viruses. This is absolutely amazing in its own right. Its still basic evolution. Selection from of variety of DNA sequences. This is why its so cool. So be happy if your immune system is good at mixing and matching DNA sequences.

btw when we use words like anticipation it often implies a creative quality outside of a known mechanism. Then you are no longer doing science because you assume there is an anticipator behind it all. Then you have to explain how the "anticipation" occurs which I have attempted to do above.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When a new VOC emerges from a highly vaccinated population it will be more vaccine resistant
    Funny how these variants keep coming from low vaccination areas like South Africa and India.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how these variants keep coming from low vaccination areas like South Africa and India.
    We have variants that emerged here and in Europe

The WHO switched to the greek alphabet specifically because idiots like you kept blaming the place a new variant was 1st identified

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The WHO switched to the greek alphabet specifically because idiots like you kept blaming the place a new variant was 1st identified
    "China virus"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL China Virus party wants to be PC now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the variants are China Virus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But alpha originated in the UK

Nevermind it being when vaccines weren't available

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccine resistance is rare.

But you guys aren't even worried about covid any way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccine resistance is rare.

But you guys aren't even worried about covid any way

This Xi strain is serious business. Get a booster of each vax, just to be on the safe side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Xi strain is serious business. Get a booster of each vax, just to be on the safe side.
    You have a lot of posts in a thread about a virus you're not scared of

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Lab leak you leave.

Zoonotic I leave.

Bet on.
    If it means getting pgardn out of here then I am 100% rooting for you to win this

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The greek letter and the Chinese head’s name are pronounced differently, but re s like you would never figure that out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has not.
    What is cool is that your immune system homes creates a variety of shapes that recognize the original strain and ALSO makes slightly different Abs than the original strain shape because your immune system basically is able to mutate or mix and match a bunch of different shapes close to the original. The DNA in our immune system cells makes "mistakes" when this mixing and matching occurs so that its not the best fit to the original strain, but WILL fit the new mutations.

This is random. Not anticipated. But it is the subtle changes from the original good fit gene.
    It is an absolutely beautiful system. And it has in turn been selected for. Messing with (mixing and matching immune cell DNA that codes for Abs) is actually an advantage in keeping up with mutations in a nature throws at us as viruses. This is absolutely amazing in its own right. Its still basic evolution. Selection from of variety of DNA sequences. This is why its so cool. So be happy if your immune system is good at mixing and matching DNA sequences.

btw when we use words like anticipation it often implies a creative quality outside of a known mechanism. Then you are no longer doing science because you assume there is an anticipator behind it all. Then you have to explain how the "anticipation" occurs which I have attempted to do above.
    Don't anthropomorphize memory b cells

Good stuff lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Concern trolling about vaxxing pregnant women appears to have been mistaken

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The viral genetics is beyond my understanding, but the upshot of this lab reading the tea leaves isn't. Bloom Lab thinks there's a good chance that Omicron could escape some monoclonal treatments and that polyclonals and vaccines could take a big hit in effectiveness. Transmissibility would seem to be the ultimate determinant of the pucker factor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chances are Omicron is here already and we don't know it yet, because our data collection is for , unlike South Africa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Concern trolling about vaxxing pregnant women appears to have been mistaken

Well if your for abortion then you know it’s “Women’s Body Her Choice”. So I guess they can choose to get the shot or not get the shot.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if your for abortion then you know it’s “Women’s Body Her Choice”. So I guess they can choose to get the shot or not get the shot.
    *you're

*Woman's

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I women's pregnancy is not public health ya dumb s.

Low vaccination rates can up a region/town/city/state/country.
    Vaccination does not prevent infection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    February 1st 2020.

Why are you guys always so disingenuous

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it always ing black and white with you stupid boomers?

I'm not going to waste my time explaining the benefits to idiots.
    If you don't want to be corrected dont make dumb posts.

Thread Information