Page 249 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1491992392452462472482492502512522532592993497491249 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holy in' you're being dense. There's no "always being right disease" or "ideologically motivated thing." It's simple math. If you test ten times the people tomorrow as today, but the percentage of positive tests decline by half despite the raw number going up, that would represent an exponential decline, and would be something all of us should applaud.

What's Milan and New York have to do with you not understand simple math?

Darrin's point is that appealing to raw case count day after day doesn't give a complete picture of growth/decline because we have no idea how many tests are being performed. Can you grasp this in' fact or not?
    Quibbling about true rates of mortality and transmissibility in the context of the global suffering caused by the pandemic is akin to arguing how many angels can stand on the head of a pin.

You may think your hypotheses are predictive and indeed, they might turn out to be.

None of that changes the fact that COVID-19 has already caused a steep economic contraction and gruesome pestilence.

I think you're the one who's being dense here. It's weird to think math tells you everything you need to know. It's also weird to give the impression that the whole universe of mathematical evidence backs you up.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 03-26-2020 at 07:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you guys trying to support local restaurants with take out?

Or, paranoid about it?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    We're doing almost all takeout now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Or, paranoid about it?
    A little of both. They are my customers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Or, paranoid about it?

I got some wing stop! Guess ill have to wait two weeks to see if i die,tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well , my brother just went into ICU with a fever 103.1. he is severely immunocompromised having continually battled Guillain-Barre syndrome for the last 10 years. His kidneys are gone and he's on dialysis so if this is Corona it might be a real problem for him.

Damn. Sorry to hear that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well , my brother just went into ICU with a fever 103.1. he is severely immunocompromised having continually battled Guillain-Barre syndrome for the last 10 years. His kidneys are gone and he's on dialysis so if this is Corona it might be a real problem for him.
    best wishes ma niga

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Or, paranoid about it?
    I did pizza tbqh. yeah thinking of doing more

I use gloves to unbox it and drop it on my dishes

then burn the boxes/bags in my incinerator

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry to hear

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. I'm not convinced by what anyone surmises.

It's too soon to say. Not enough info yet.

You haven't conceded once that the outcomes might not.conform to your surmises. You seem very stuck on your own assumptions based on very spotty and very undeveloped evidence regarding a pandemic that isn't over and a novel virus we don't know a lot about. And stubbornly refusing to admit you could be wrong about COVID-19.

Which is ok. We all have our intellectual weaknesses.
    So are the other experts also stubbornly refusing to admit they're wrong when they challenge the prevailing theory? I believe the counterarguments to the Imperial study because they make more sense to me. And yes, I have no choice but to believe because I'm not an expert, but they are, and I find their arguments more convincing.

What do you believe that I believe about Covid-19? Do you think I'm dismissing it as a cold? No. My feeling is it's as dangerous as the flu. "Oh, here we go, comparing it to the innocuous flu again to downplay it." no. The flu is a killer.

The fatality rates with those with underlying conditions who get the seasonal flu.

Pneumonia and influenza: 1.53% — 1.93%
    Chronic lower respiratory disease: 1.48% — 1.93%
    All respiratory causes: 3.04% — 4.14%
    Heart disease: 3.21% — 4.4%
    Cancer: 0.68% — 1.05%
    Diabetes: 0.26% — 0.39%
    For all underlying conditions: 10.17% — 13.67%.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3516362/

Covid's fatality rate tracks with that pretty closely and yes that is a huge problem.

Here's what I don't buy. 60 million infected and 3 million dead over whatever time frame they said (12 months, I think), extrapolating from the Imperial study.

Our worst flu season in recent memory was 80 thousand deaths in 2017. If this thing bites us even half as hard, yes a problem.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Or, paranoid about it?
    Looked at social media for a few to see if they're at least obviously gloving up. Subways' hygiene regimen was always pretty decent and can't see their ever running out of gloves; can only think of a couple local places where that's second nature.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Sucks.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Damn. Sorry to hear that.
    He's currently in the "Corona" wing so if he doesn't have it yet....
    Nobody in or out...period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Or, paranoid about it?
    We're doing almost all takeout now.
    A little of both. They are my customers.
    I got some wing stop! Guess ill have to wait two weeks to see if i die,tbh
    I did pizza tbqh. yeah thinking of doing more

I use gloves to unbox it and drop it on my dishes

then burn the boxes/bags in my incinerator

I've been doing take out about every other night. Add some microwave time just for good measure.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crap. Sorry that's happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's currently in the "Corona" wing so if he doesn't have it yet....
    Nobody in or out...period.
    I guess no visitors either?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez, I go to sleep for a few hours and we overtake China in a blink of an eye. That was faster than I was expecting.

I thought maybe in a week or so we'd be ahead of them but by midday. Yikes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Or, paranoid about it?
    I've gotten takeout from Longhorn Steakhouse and Olive Garden. I know people dog them for being chain restaurants but I love the ribeye, chicken fried chicken from LS and chicken parm from OG.
    OG has a very good takeout service.

Jason's Deli is cool too. Don't even have to get out of the car when you pull up and they let me buy a dozen eggs.

I'm also finding out which frozen pizzas are best. Red Baron is solid, digiornos is , imo.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I guess no visitors either?
    Nope. Nobody is allowed in.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Takeout for every lunch, home cooked or leftovers for dinner. We live around a ton of great local restaurants and it would suck to see any of them go under.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Geez, I go to sleep for a few hours and we overtake China in a blink of an eye. That was faster than I was expecting.

Not to worry, board epidemiologists say mortality and transmissibility are low.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, sorry to hear, man.

Is he on a ventilatior?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And then Trump sends out letter to the governors just itching to get up and running asap.

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/26/82204...rus-guidelines

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    It could be worse. My sister who has Aarskog-Scott Syndrome is on a ventilator and has a temp of 104.7.

I think I'll get Chinese; support the local economy and all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quibbling about true rates of mortality and transmissibility in the context of the global suffering caused by the pandemic is akin to arguing how many angels can stand on the head of a pin.

You may think your hypotheses are predictive and indeed, they might turn out to be.

None of that changes the fact that COVID-19 has already caused a steep economic contraction and gruesome pestilence.

I think you're the one who's being dense here. It's weird to think math tells you everything you need to know. It's also weird to give the impression that the whole universe of mathematical evidence backs you up.
    Damn, dude. You asked Darrin to unpack his math, and I unpacked it for you as well to add something to the conversion. Now you're coming at me for doing something you requested. It's you who are quibbling.

Thread Information