My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think it works that way. hahaha
    It does. If you go about your live and theres 20%+ positivity out there. Youre bound to meet Delta on a daily basis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Israel reaching the peak. Mostly vaxed.yet they have hundreds hospitalized

The Ministry of Health reported 3,151 new coronavirus cases on Monday, of whom 217 were seriously ill in hospital and 48 in serious condition on ventilators. The tightening of restrictions is strongly advised by the ministry and the government’s health advisers ahead of the coronavirus cabinet meeting on Tuesday.

They include expanding the “Green Pass” obligation for all closed venues, applying tests to unvaccinated children, mandatory masks in the open air as well as indoors and quarantine for all arrivals from overseas. PM Naftali Bennett again ruled out new lockdowns. He argued that the damage to the economy would run to hundreds of millions of shekels and throw the budget – that was approved with difficulty by the ministers on Monday – out of kilter.

We will probably reach our peak in september. Righg when schools start.

My probability that schools will.start on time in NE went down to 40%

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reports from hospital officials of all the non vaccinateds filling the hospital beds

Mulling it over more, prob better that their credit and financial livelihood gets ruined than them dying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reports from hospital officials of all the non vaccinateds filling the hospital beds

Mulling it over more, prob better that their credit and financial livelihood gets ruined than them dying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Failing Joe Biden should do something
    Like encourage people to get vaccinated and publicly saying that vaccinations are a good thing.

I really wish he would do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    mask up, y'all

but muh freedom

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

True that.

A larger proportion of them tend to be Trump voters, so the ones that die won't be voting, and the ones that live will be too broke to contribute money in the next election cycle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In Texas’ largest counties — Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar and Travis — neighborhoods with the highest proportions of Black and Hispanic populations are some of the least vaccinated areas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China is spooked.

If an authoritarian country like China can't contain outbreaks of Delta no one can.

State media have trumpeted China’s zero-case approach to Covid control but shutting out the Delta strain is proving a taller order. The disease’s spread is also raising questions about the efficacy of locally made vaccines against Delta in particular.

Nanjing, the capital of the eastern Jiangsu province, is believed to be ground zero of the current nationwide flare-up. The city’s airport workers, most of whom were fully vaccinated, reportedly first contracted the Delta strain from arrivals from Moscow on July 10, before passing it to transit passengers who spread it to their destinations across China.

At least 52 communities and residential quarters in Nanjing and its neighboring cities like Yangzhou have been red-flagged by the NHC as high or medium-risk areas to be locked down. Anyone leaving these areas will face 14-21 days of compulsory quarantine and criminal charges. Three rounds of city-wide testing in Nanjing yielded 204 cases as of August 1.
    Yang Xiaoming, the president of CNBG, a subsidiary of the state-owned Sinopharm that supplies Covid vaccines, told state media over the weekend that his company’s shots would still work and would have a certain “effect” to neutralize new variants. Yet he also revealed that new jabs would be developed quickly to better deal with the Delta strain.

Yang did not respond to reports that Constantino Chiwenga, the vice president of Zimbabwe who was in charge of public health and had been fully vaccinated with Sinopharm shots donated by Beijing, tested positive after landing in the Chinese capital at the end of July.
    Beijing is still pressing ahead with its plan to expand vaccination to all healthy teenagers before the start of the academic year in September.
    https://asiatimes.com/2021/08/delta-...-covid-crisis/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China is spooked.

If an authoritarian country like China can't contain outbreaks of Delta no one can.

Uh, they didn't contain it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Texas’ largest counties — Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar and Travis — neighborhoods with the highest proportions of Black and Hispanic populations are some of the least vaccinated areas.
    doing a public service by hastening natural immunity, amirite?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, they didn't contain it.
    it's understandable you'd feel insecure about our crappy public health system and our incompetent response to COVID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's understandable you'd feel insecure about our crappy public health system and our incompetent response to COVID.
    If they contained it, there's no global pandemic.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry Darrin, white people are also unvaccinated. What's your excuse for them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry Darrin, white people are also unvaccinated. What's your excuse for them?
    I didn't make excuses for anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they contained it, there's no global pandemic.
    I didn't claim they contained it. You're flailing as usual.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pfizer’s Covid-19 Vaccine Generated 10 Times More Antibodies Than China’s Sinovac Shot

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladit...ng-study-shows

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    side effect: neofeudalism

Housing markets are hotter than ever, and big money is getting in on the act.

Pension funds, investment firms and Wall Street banks are snapping up family homes in Europe and the United States at a rapid pace as prices rocket higher, looking for alternatives to lockdown-hit office parks and shopping malls, and betting that a permanent increase in remote working following the coronavirus pandemic will keep demand for suburban houses elevated.

At the same time, the soaring cost of home ownership means that growing numbers of younger Americans and Brits renting rather than buying houses as they start families and gravitate toward the suburbs. Some of them may find their next landlord is based on Wall Street or in London's financial district.

Analysts argue that this will improve standards in the rental sector and offer more choice in desirable neighborhoods. But some tenants who rent from corporate landlords dispute this, alleging substandard services and excessive rent increases.
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/busin...eet/index.html

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capitalisms' endpoint is to privatize everything public, own everything to extract profits, to produce $Ts in passive income from a rentier society.

Another rentier strategy is the hyper-wealthy Capitalists "renting" money to everybody indebted, debt slavery, paying usurious interest.

Unstoppable
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 08-03-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't make excuses for anyone.
    You certainly went out of your way to exclude them from your little tantrum.

Why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Louisiana is already ed

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Yet, the same study you just posted above includes this nugget:

A published meta-analysis found no statistically significant difference in preventing influenza in health care workers between respirators (N95 [American standard] or FFP2 [European standard]) and surgical face masks

Cited study here: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...111/jebm.12381
    "However, the sensitivity analysis after excluding the trial by Loeb et al18 showed a significant effect of N95 respirators on preventing respiratory viral infections (RR = 0.61, 95% CI 0.39-0.98, P < .05)."

"Meta-analysis with fixed-effects model revealed that compared with surgical masks, N95 respirators significantly reduced bacterial colonization in hospitals (RR = 0.58, 95% CI 0.43-0.78, P < .05)"

"However, the sensitivity analysis after excluding the trial by Radonovich et al12 showed a significant effect of N95 respirators on preventing respiratory infection (RR = 0.53, 95% CI 0.35-0.82, P < .05). "

"The results of subgroup analyses indicated that statistically significant superiority of N95 respirators over surgical masks against influenza like illness (RR = 0.37, 95% CI 0.20-0.71, P < .05) in the community (only one RCT)"

The reason for the similar effects on preventing influenza for the use of N95 respirators versus surgical masks may be related to low compliance to N95 respirators wear,23 which may lead to more frequent doffing compared with surgical masks.13 Although N95 respirators may confer superior protection in laboratory studies designing to achieve 100% intervention adherence,24 the routine use of N95 respirators seems to be less acceptable due to more significant discomfort in real-world practice.11 Therefore, the benefit of N95 respirators of fitting tightly to faces is offset or subjugated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as we know, deaths have consistently lagged cases. with the massive es in recent weeks, time will tell how deadly Delta actually is

Thread Information