My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No idiot its not. You are way off.

Infectious diseases dont spread over a region/country evenly. There are hotspots and cold spots. Covid doesnt check its GPS location or go through immigrations. It goes wherever it can replicate.

Thats where we are now there are hotspots that need to be watched and controlled. IMO every local region should have a circuit breaker if hospital beds.get 100% and infections are at a certain level. No choice but to locally lock down. But the #s should be clear. Not arbitrary.

Think of New Zealand system. Except NZ wants zero cases which is insane. The limit should be just enough cases to overwhelm hospitals but notncompletely collapse them. Much higher.
    The problem with New Zealand is its weak vaccine rate with two shots doesn't help them to get better immunity so they have to prevent the virus to spread with lockdowns.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As you learned how to spread fake news.
    that's what people say when they have no argument. I'm surprised I have to say, I thought that you were a little bit smarter reading at some of your comments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's what people say when they have no argument. I'm surprised I have to say, I thought that you were a little bit smarter reading at some of your comments
    No its what I say when I read fake news.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No its what I say when I read fake news.
    what was fake? The fact that trump politicized the issue, told people that covid was not a big deal, which led to maga morons not getting a vaccine? All of that is true

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN saying this is probably the last major wave. That settles it people. Pandemic over.
    Not CNN, it's Trump's FDA commissioner saying this is the last wave, pandemic over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The projection I posted showed now no wave, but the numbers continuing at current, brutal levels.

As long as 10Ms refuse masks and vaccines, we're a long way from tapering down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delta COVID wave is still killing 280 Texans a day, a toll few states have seen

https://www.expressnews.com/coronavi...a-16482061.php

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Masks Forever

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention quietly removed guidance for phasing out masks and other COVID-19 mitigation efforts in schools, cached versions of the agency's website show.

The CDC made the changes when it updated its guidance on universal indoor masking for students, staff, teachers and visitors to K-12 schools, regardless of their vaccination status, on Aug. 5.

"We believe that our state, as well as teachers unions, probably had an influence over this change," Jonathan Zachreson, an advocate for fully reopening California schools, told Fox News. "It's basically mask indefinitely in schools forever, and there is no off-ramps. So it's really disappointing to see that."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, Vaccinated People Are Not ‘Just as Likely’ to Spread the Coronavirus as Unvaccinated People

This has become a common refrain among the cautious—and it’s wrong.

“vaccinated people are just as likely to spread the coronavirus.”

This misunderstanding, born out of confusing statements from public-health authorities and misleading media headlines, is a shame.

It is resulting in unnecessary fear among vaccinated people, all the while undermining the public’s understanding of the importance—and effectiveness—of getting vaccinated.

So let me make one thing clear:

Vaccinated people are not as likely to spread the coronavirus as the unvaccinated.

Even in the United States, where more than half of the population is fully vaccinated, the unvaccinated are responsible for the overwhelming majority of transmission.

To spread the coronavirus, you have to have the coronavirus.

And vaccinated people are far less likely to have the coronavirus—period.

for those instances of a vaccinated person getting a breakthrough case, yes, they can be as infectious as an unvaccinated person.

But they are likely contagious for a shorter period of time when compared with the unvaccinated,

and they may harbor less infectious virus overall.

Only 0.33 percent of fully vaccinated New Yorkers have been diagnosed with COVID-19.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...d-covid/620161

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can thank conservatives for not allowing the authoritarian leftists in America to follow in the footsteps of Australia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have lawyers in Australia too...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not letting vaxxed get treatment lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The study, involving more than 87,000 COVID-19 patients and nearly 5 million control patients in a federal database, appears online April 22 in the journal Nature.

“Our study demonstrates that up to six months after diagnosis, the risk of death following even a mild case of COVID-19 is not trivial and increases with disease severity,” said senior author Ziyad Al-Aly, MD, an assistant professor of medicine. “It is not an exaggeration to say that long COVID-19 — the long-term health consequences of COVID-19 — is America’s next big health crisis. Given that more than 30 million Americans have been infected with this virus, and given that the burden of long COVID-19 is substantial, the lingering effects of this disease will reverberate for many years and even decades. Physicians must be vigilant in evaluating people who have had COVID-19. These patients will need integrated, multidisciplinary care.”
    The investigators showed that, after surviving the initial infection (beyond the first 30 days of illness), COVID-19 survivors had an almost 60% increased risk of death over the following six months compared with the general population. At the six-month mark, excess deaths among all COVID-19 survivors were estimated at eight people per 1,000 patients. Among patients who were ill enough to be hospitalized with COVID-19 and who survived beyond the first 30 days of illness, there were 29 excess deaths per 1,000 patients over the following six months.

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/amon...rious-illness/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The researchers confirmed that, despite being initially a respiratory virus, long COVID-19 can affect nearly every organ system in the body. Evaluating 379 diagnoses of diseases possibly related to COVID-19, 380 classes of medications prescribed and 62 laboratory tests administered, the researchers identified newly diagnosed major health issues that persisted in COVID-19 patients over at least six months and that affected nearly every organ and regulatory system in the body, including:

• Respiratory system: persistent cough, shortness of breath and low oxygen levels in the blood.
    • Nervous system: stroke, headaches, memory problems and problems with senses of taste and smell.
    • Mental health: anxiety, depression, sleep problems and substance abuse.
    • Metabolism: new onset of diabetes, obesity and high cholesterol.
    • Cardiovascular system: acute coronary disease, heart failure, heart palpitations and irregular heart rhythms.
    • Gastrointestinal system: constipation, diarrhea and acid reflux.
    • Kidney: acute kidney injury and chronic kidney disease that can, in severe cases, require dialysis.
    • Coagulation regulation: blood clots in the legs and lungs.
    • Skin: rash and hair loss.
    • Musculoskeletal system: joint pain and muscle weakness.
    • General health: malaise, fatigue and anemia.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not letting vaxxed get treatment lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think that is good?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he cant read

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    get the vaccine and you won't have any problems and you won't saturate the hospitals.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this literal? Because if I couldn't read, I certainly wouldn't be able to write and I'm right now. Or was it a poor attempt at humor in which case you should take some classes because you suck at it.

Thread Information