Page 279 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1792292692752762772782792802812822832893293797791279 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russia says 40% of their ventilator cases are ppl under 40 yrs old

either the “this is an old ppl disease” is fake news or this thing is mutating

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where does Russia say that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where does Russia say that?
    Russian interfax

google translate is your friend

https://www.interfax.ru/moscow/701442

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russian interfax
    Link?

Damn. Joe Diffie gone. John Prine critical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

not sure about mutating but only "older are greatly impacted" is def overstated

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty sure the CDC said that last week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moscow. March 29. INTERFAX.RU - About 15% of severely ill patients with coronavirus in Moscow are younger than 40 years old, the operational headquarters for monitoring and monitoring the situation with coronavirus in Moscow reported.

According to the agency's interlocutor, almost 40% of patients with coronavirus in Moscow who are on mechanical ventilation are younger than 40 years old.

"Statistics show that the disease is severe not only in elderly Muscovites. Almost half of patients with severe lung damage are people under 60 years old, their share in the total number of severe patients is 45%," headquarters told Interfax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moscow. March 29. INTERFAX.RU - About 15% of severely ill patients with coronavirus in Moscow are younger than 40 years old, the operational headquarters for monitoring and monitoring the situation with coronavirus in Moscow reported.

According to the agency's interlocutor, almost 40% of patients with coronavirus in Moscow who are on mechanical ventilation are younger than 40 years old.

"Statistics show that the disease is severe not only in elderly Muscovites. Almost half of patients with severe lung damage are people under 60 years old, their share in the total number of severe patients is 45%," headquarters told Interfax.
    Thanks. I hate when they switch groups like that (under 40 to under 60).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks. I hate when they switch groups like that (under 40 to under 60).
    i have a feeling affected age is trending down

been watching this for a while

2nd wave could put a hurting on youth

why? I think because virus will adapt to stronger young immune system and trick it to give it all its got. the young persons immune system will trigger that internal storm that kills its host

lets hope this is not the case

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's just the media being sensationalist. Fauci literally said it wasn't a prediction and to not hold him to it because it's hard to project on a moving target. And yet CNN runs that as their headline smh.
    While it's true he said not to hold me to that he did say we'll be more in the middle because the model is set up in such a way to give worst case scenario and worst case scenarios never really materialize.

Being in the middle is not exactly something you'd want to hear either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    facci would not have said 100,000 if that was a long shot

worst case scenario is a couple millions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was going to say that the globalism genie can't be stuffed back in the lamp, that the kind of autarky MP is talking about is unlikely and completely untenable, but then something occurred to me.

If COVID-19 comes back for seconds and thirds like the 1918 flu, and if the financial system collapses a la 1929 (debt deflation spiral) the recession will be a long one, resulting in real scarcity in the global north. Pestilence will be a hindrance to international commerce and a spur to isolation; poverty in several countries will lead to social unrest and external enemies will be blamed to take the heat off politicians at home.

At the risk of sounding like hater, in that highly speculative situation -- not the present one -- global war might be the only tenable path to faster economic development (and relative industrial self-sufficiency) while relieving internal unrest in many countries at once.

I don't think this is a likely scenario, just trying to think of how the US might decouple from international finance and global supply chains at the same time.

Synchronized pestilence, global depression and WWIII might do the trick.
    I agree it would require an re-alignment of world power. I'm not sold it's going to happen anytime soon. We're much different as a society and world as we were back then.

Also, changing of the guard doesn't necessarily mean better than what we have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The outbreaks are all starting to pop now.

I'm amazed at how poor the data is. I get that health professionals are busy, but the states should all have EM professions and data professionals that can step in on the function of delivering data that actually produces clear analysis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree it would require an re-alignment of world power. I'm not sold it's going to happen anytime soon. We're much different as a society and world as we were back then.

Also, changing of the guard doesn't necessarily mean better than what we have.
    Change is amoral, like economics. Cares nothing for people.

Short of total annihilation things can always get worse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

At this current rate a few million infected and 100,000 dead isnt a stretch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Change is amoral, like economics. Cares nothing for people.

Short of total annihilation things can always get worse.
    If we keep bailing out the status quo, we deserve everything we get.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It could be other things besides your "either or".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To what end? Put pressure on China to do things it won't do anyway?

Seems like we're just looping back around for the most part.
    This show is going to cost the world a fortune and it’s because Asian countries, primarily China, didn’t clean up their wet markets. If the worlds governments are stupid enough to endure this disaster and not do anything to prevent the next one, like put tariff on countries out their wazoos if they don’t clean up their , then they deserve to get hit with the next panepedemic that kills their people and destroys their economies.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

100k is one of the best case scenarios imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "If we don't mitigate to the extent we're trying to, you can reach those numbers. You can make a big soundbite about it but what we're trying to do is not let that happen. So instead of focusing on the upper or the lower we're trying to focus on pushing it all the way down. Trying to not prematurely undo all the mitigation. " - Fauci

"Dr. Fauci stands by 100,000 death predictions." - CNN

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Usa ,meet corona virus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "If we don't mitigate to the extent we're trying to, you can reach those numbers. You can make a big soundbite about it but what we're trying to do is not let that happen. So instead of focusing on the upper or the lower we're trying to focus on pushing it all the way down. Trying to not prematurely undo all the mitigation. " - Fauci

"Dr. Fauci stands by 100,000 death predictions." - CNN
    USA today is running with 200,000... because, why not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This show is going to cost the world a fortune and it’s because Asian countries, primarily China, didn’t clean up their wet markets. If the worlds governments are stupid enough to endure this disaster and not do anything to prevent the next one, like put tariff on countries out their wazoos if they don’t clean up their , then they deserve to get hit with the next panepedemic that kills their people and destroys their economies.
    I hope Americans feel that kind of righteous zeal when it comes to the failings of our own governments. They are much easier to change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Social distancing guidelines extended until April 30th though so it's possible the great Dr. Fauci purposely threw those numbers out there, not to instill fear, but to drive home the seriousness of what loosening up on the mitigation could cause.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    picky

Thread Information