Page 17 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127671175171017 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanker companies were already sucking wind because of the new fuel requirements.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKCN1II0PP
    Yep

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Standard practice with writers covering economic topics is to relate everything to whatever the news of the day is. Good for clicks I guess.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes it's a little concerning that South America and Africa aren't reporting any cases, Indonesia too. When the places least equipped to deal with this are all saying "no problem here" it at least makes you think hmmm.
    People die in these places for god awful reasons all the time but if its a virus it better cause the squirting of blood out the eyes because respiratory failure is just not inspiring. Way too common and mundane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People die in these places for god awful reasons all the time but if its a virus it better cause the squirting of blood out the eyes because respiratory failure is just not inspiring. Way too common and mundane.
    Shrooms are legal where this dude is apparently

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supply chain disruption underestimated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shrooms are legal where this dude is apparently
    pgardn has an unusual way with words, I doubt shrooms have anything to do with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supply chain disruption underestimated?

For industries that rely on China it will be multi quarter (or they will use the excuse for multiple quarters) for sure. IMO them, they deserve it.

For others, it will be a blip, as they already are deploying contingency plans like shifting production to less leveraged areas/nations, and will ramp quickly again once China is back online. And don't underestimate the power of billions of people who are trained/want/need to work to work even harder once they are back in the saddle. That is China right now, just itching to get back online.

For companies that can't execute and haven't diversified supply chain, Darwin Award.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For industries that rely on China it will be multi quarter (or they will use the excuse for multiple quarters) for sure. IMO them, they deserve it.

For others, it will be a blip, as they already are deploying contingency plans like shifting production to less leveraged areas/nations, and will ramp quickly again once China is back online. And don't underestimate the power of billions of people who are trained/want/need to work to work even harder once they are back in the saddle. That is China right now, just itching to get back online.

For companies that can't execute and haven't diversified supply chain, Darwin Award.
    Apple

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Taiwan issues travel alert for South Korea as coronavirus cases soar

https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202002200013

South Korea and Vietnam are asking millions to stay home to avoid coronavirus as more people get infected and die outside of China

https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...e-china-2020-2

Have a business trip planned to Korea first week of March and was 50/50 on going up until reading this news today, pretty sure I'm cancelling now. I'm not worried about getting the virus but more worried about getting stuck in a quarantine there for weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a business trip planned to Korea first week of March
    What do you think of the end result of this process?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1nPydH9LZs

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    What do you think of the end result of this process?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1nPydH9LZs
    Asian flight attendants are far more attentive, attractive, and kind than their American counterparts. It’s not even close imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dammit looks like its getting out of control globally now

dozens of new cases in South Korea and Iran

the cases in Iran mobody knows how they got there as the infected never traveled and never interacted with china travellers

wonder if countries are taking advantage and spreading pandemic to enemy states...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Somebody's gonna get You're Fired at CDC?

Trump White House put

coronavirus-infected Americans on plane full of healthy people —

over CDC objections

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/02/trump-white-house-put-coronavirus-infected-americans-on-plane-full-of-healthy-people-over-cdc-objections/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3785

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL youtube is demonetizing videos mentioning corona virus now. ing Google bending over for China.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pgardn has an unusual way with words, I doubt shrooms have anything to do with it.
    Agree. Sweet Baby Sarah was the same way and she was never high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    reporter who just came back from S Korea sneezes on live tv

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    looks like S Korea and Iran are next to get ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asian flight attendants are far more attentive, attractive, and kind than their American counterparts. It’s not even close imo.
    I don't need flight attendants to be any of those. I need them to basically drop off the drink and shut the up.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    I don't need flight attendants to be any of those. I need them to basically drop off the drink and shut the up.
    That's exactly what I mean by attentive and kind. When I'm flying business class to Korea they've got another two bottles of Woodford on my tray before I finish my last sip. Flying business class back to the US I'm constantly pressing the button for service and even had one American try to tell me I was limited to 2 drinks per hour. I'm trying to get drunk and pass out for 8 hours ... off and fetch me another drink.

Not a fan of Korean Air but was forced to change flights and hopped on an Airbus 380 and had the entire bar, bartender, and lounge area to myself the entire flight. Got so drunk I had to take the train from LAX to San Diego and pick my car up the next day

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus: Chloroquine yields positive data in Covid-19 trial
    https://www.clinicaltrialsarena.com/...oroquine-data/

Data from the drug’s studies showed ‘certain curative effect’ with ‘fairly good efficacy’.

According to Sun, patients treated with chloroquine demonstrated a better drop in fever, improvement of lung CT images, and required a shorter time to recover compared to parallel groups.

The percentage of patients with negative viral nucleic acid tests was also higher with the anti-malarial drug.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    be careful here on ST when MONOSLOB enters the thread tbh... put your masks on and hide your fries!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "This transmission chain becomes invisible, we cannot detect these transmission chains. It’s completely out of our radar," O ani told foreign journalists in Tokyo on Wednesday. "In coming weeks we may see very large outbreak somewhere in Asia or Africa; that is my major concern now."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    add Italy to the list of the ed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, but also Turkish Airlines was great on service. Flown many of them and they were near the top in terms of food quan y/quality and booze. Too bad had to fly through Istanbul, what a ty airport

Thread Information