My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Here's a beakdown of that study by actual doctors, along with links to multiple published studies and models.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/e...ad-danmask-19/

There's no criticism on carrying out the study itself, it's simply not conclusive.

Hopefully you take the time to read it, and helps dispel the myth that mask mandates are not based on science or that masks don't work.
    Yesterday on CNN Biden's own Covid advisor Osterholm said the masks the general public are wearing don't work against Covid

If everyone was wearing properly fitted N95's I'd agree with you that masks work.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as we know, deaths have consistently lagged cases. with the massive es in recent weeks, time will tell how deadly Delta actually is
    The deaths should be a lot lower than before because of the vaccines. Looks like that's what happened in the UK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A year and a half in and TSA still thinks general mask use is to protect the wearer from individual virus particles.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so N95 masking IS effective, except they are removed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yesterday on CNN Biden's own Covid advisor Osterholm said the masks the general public are wearing don't work against Covid

If everyone was wearing properly fitted N95's I'd agree with you that masks work.
    You left out the part where he says: these comments are now being mischaracterized and are not being discussed in their full context, namely that he doesn't want people wearing face masks to feel they're invulnerable to the virus, and as such don't follow more effective ways of limiting transmission of the virus, such as social distancing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You left out the part where he says: these comments are now being mischaracterized and are not being discussed in their full context, namely that he doesn't want people wearing face masks to feel they're invulnerable to the virus, and as such don't follow more effective ways of limiting transmission of the virus, such as social distancing.
    I've already said here one of my problems with masks is the false sense of security they give people. People who are sick are going out with a mask on when they should be staying home and people who are healthy are getting sick because they think a mask is keeping them safe and they are stupidly crowding in indoor areas where transmission is high.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doctors Worry That Memory Problems After COVID-19

May Set The Stage For Alzheimer's

What scientists have found so far is concerning.

For example, PET scans taken before and after a person develops COVID-19 suggest that the infection can cause changes that overlap those seen in Alzheimer's.

And genetic studies are finding that some of the same genes that increase a person's risk for getting severe COVID-19 also increase the risk of developing Alzheimer's.

Alzheimer's diagnoses also appear to be more common in patients in their 60s and 70s who have had severe COVID-19,

"Persistent lack of smell, it's associated with brain changes not just in the olfactory bulb but those places that are connected one way or another to the smell sense," he says.

Those places include areas involved in memory, thinking, planning and mood.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...for-alzheimers

Thanks, Trash, you mother ing piece of toxic degenerate

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    About the surge in pediatric covid cases....

Informative thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tl;dl

the contemporaneous outbreaks of RSV, Croup, etc. are making things worse for hospitals right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man that guy is really proud of his resume but not his name.

Get vaccinated if you haven't already had COVID. Distance. Wear a mask when gets closer. Wash your ing hands.

Why is everyone trying to make this so difficult?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems put pandemic preparedness on the chopping block

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Texas’ largest counties — Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar and Travis — neighborhoods with the highest proportions of Black and Hispanic populations are some of the least vaccinated areas.
    In urban areas at this point, they are likely the coconut minorities trying to be white that vote maga for status, so screw them. Darwin.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    tl;dl

the contemporaneous outbreaks of RSV, Croup, etc. are making things worse for hospitals right now.
    RSV and Croup aren't supposed to be ing in the summer. We are seeing RSV and Croup outbreaks because kids have been isolated for the the past 18 months and schools/day cares have been shut down. Yet here we are again with people calling for more schools/day cares to be shut down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing is shutting down, Gladys.

Infect your family ASAP so we don't have to read this anymore.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've already said here one of my problems with masks is the false sense of security they give people. People who are sick are going out with a mask on when they should be staying home and people who are healthy are getting sick because they think a mask is keeping them safe and they are stupidly crowding in indoor areas where transmission is high.
    NO you stated masks DONT work. why would you even mention a false sense of security when it is clear to YOU, they dont even work? There is only ONE problem in your mind. Masks DONT work. Period.

If the first administration had not lied and mischaracterized so much about this virus, and then actually tried to hide info from the public we would not be in this mess. And never actually explainng science works with the varying degrees of reliable evidence and that public health decisions MUST be changed as events change was absolutely contrary to everything written on how to address the public. Accurate descriptions of mechanisms and probability NEVER addressed. so after 2 years of this , it was not surprising we are making decisions like a 3rd world nation. Blame it on Fauci... ohh my he changed his suggestions, he LIED. B fkn S. He did what he was supposed to do. NOt, "Bring in Jared, he can get a team, he knows this virus" The ding dongs we first had to get a response together was absolutely appalling. Fauci arrives, blame him, the exact Trump tactic used on so many in his own party. But when we have a fkn pandemic...? Other worldly irresponsibility.

It will all eventually come out. Once we reach some sort of equilibrium, history will show exactly what NOT to do using Trump decisions. But of course people like hater will completely forget and or dismiss what the first 6 months of this was portrayed as. "It will disappear" on and on... misinformation, confusion, lets just play with this lying stuff, its fun.

And how many times has the public been informed on how this virus is transmitted through the air. You have derp copying twitter users that explain that a viral particle is many many times smaller than the N95 filters and can easily get through...
    WITHOUT a word about the size of the droplets and the millions of viral particles in that droplet it takes to cause an infection. And of course no mention on how the droplets are absolutely larger than the mesh in the N95s. And then of course nothing about the user having a reduced ability to transmit virus while wearing a mask is almost NEVER thought of.

"Lets not try to plug up as much of the leak in the damn as we can, because we cant put exact numbers on the altered flow rate. The house is burning but lets not try to put it out until we have accurately measured how much the temp will decrease during our efforts" Complete lunacy and inability to use common sense.
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-03-2021 at 11:52 AM.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    NO you stated masks DONT work. why would you even mention a false sense of security when it is clear to YOU, they dont even work? There is only ONE problem in your mind. Masks DONT work. Period.

If the first administration had not lied and mischaracterized so much about this virus, and then actually tried to hide info from the public we would not be in this mess. And never actually explainng science works with the varying degrees of reliable evidence and that public health decisions MUST be changed as events change was absolutely contrary to everything written on how to address the public. Accurate descriptions of mechanisms and probability NEVER addressed. so after 2 years of this , it was not surprising we are making decisions like a 3rd world nation. Blame it on Fauci... ohh my he changed his suggestions, he LIED. B fkn S. He did what he was supposed to do. NOt, "Bring in Jared, he can get a team, he knows this virus" The ding dongs we first had to get a response together was absolutely appalling. Fauci arrives, blame him, the exact Trump tactic used on so many in his own party. But when we have a fkn pandemic...? Other worldly irresponsibility.

It will all eventually come out. Once we reach some sort of equilibrium, history will show exactly what NOT to do using Trump decisions. But of course people like hater will completely forget and or dismiss what the first 6 months of this was portrayed as. "It will disappear" on and on... misinformation, confusion, lets just play with this lying stuff, its fun.

And how many times has the public been informed on how this virus is transmitted through the air. You have derp copying twitter users that explain that a viral particle is many many times smaller than the N95 filters and can easily get through...
    WITHOUT a word about the size of the droplets and the millions of viral particles in that droplet it takes to cause an infection. And of course no mention on how the droplets are absolutely larger than the mesh in the N95s. And then of course nothing about the user having a reduced ability to transmit virus while wearing a mask is almost NEVER thought of.

"Lets not try to plug up as much of the leak in the damn as we can, because we cant put exact numbers on the altered flow rate. The house is burning but lets not try to put it out until we have accurately measured how much the temp will decrease during our efforts" Complete lunacy and inability to use common sense.
    Did you quote the wrong person again you senile old fart?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you quote the wrong person again you senile old fart?
    Uhhh. We have already discussed ages.
    Now who are you calling senile?

Masks dont work. you deny suggesting this?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Uhhh. We have already discussed ages.
    Now who are you calling senile?

Masks dont work. you deny suggesting this?
    having to edit it your response to try and make sense of what you quoted
    senile old fart

I said a properly fitted N95 works quite well. We both know the vast majority of the general public is not wearing properly fitted N95s. Mask compliance doesn't mean either as you were shown countries with the highest compliance (93%+) last year and this year and cases soared regardless of mask use.

Sidenote...do you use talk to text a lot when posting here? I'm trying to figure out if a lot of your word salads are due to that. Your stuff reads very similar to the jumbled text messages I get from my father in law.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    having to edit it your response to try and make sense of what you quoted
    senile old fart

I said a properly fitted N95 works quite well. We both know the vast majority of the general public is not wearing properly fitted N95s. Mask compliance doesn't mean either as you were shown countries with the highest compliance (93%+) last year and this year and cases soared regardless of mask use.

Sidenote...do you use talk to text a lot when posting here? I'm trying to figure out if a lot of your word salads are due to that. Your stuff reads very similar to the jumbled text messages I get from my father in law.
    And your reasoning works like my 5 yo nephew.
    So you got that young going for you in the noggin.
    Surgical masks also work as barriers, just not nearly as well. They have the right size mesh but are a bit to open on the sides for some people. But they dont work either.
    You backed yourself into a corner and now are pretending to extricate yourself.

OH. Im going to edit this post for your enjoyment.

We already discussed our ages dumbfk. So who is senile? Burning man... ring a bell. ding, ding o McFly.

NO masks work if you are continually taking the mask on and off trying to get a drink because you around people that are giving off the virus. So you are saying these people NEVER took their masks off where the mask did NOT work. BS. The study you gave before was gossamer level thick with relevance in an uncontrolled world of data.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fck, it did not show up as an edit.

Maybe you can get a hard on in another way, TSA...
    And yes I use the mic to text on the phone, its a pain.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    And your reasoning works like my 5 yo nephew.
    So you got that young going for you in the noggin.
    Surgical masks also work as barriers, just not nearly as well. They have the right size mesh but are a bit to open on the sides for some people. But they dont work either.
    You backed yourself into a corner and now are pretending to extricate yourself.

OH. Im going to edit this post for your enjoyment.

We already discussed our ages dumbfk. So who is senile? Burning man... ring a bell. ding, ding o McFly.

NO masks work if you are continually taking the mask on and off trying to get a drink because you around people that are giving off the virus. So you are saying these people NEVER took their masks off where the mask did NOT work. BS. The study you gave before was gossamer level thick with relevance in an uncontrolled world of data.
    24/7 always on mask wearing was never feasible. Tell me again how high mask compliance relates to case count...that was funny.

Also I need you to address this. Do you use talk to text a lot when posting here? I'm trying to figure out if a lot of your word salads are due to that. Your stuff reads very similar to the jumbled text messages I get from my father in law.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    fck, it did not show up as an edit.

Maybe you can get a hard on in another way, TSA...
    And yes I use the mic to text on the phone, its a pain.
    Do you have to spell out fck and fckn every time you post?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    24/7 always on mask wearing was never feasible. Tell me again how high mask compliance relates to case count...that was funny.

Also I need you to address this. Do you use talk to text a lot when posting here? I'm trying to figure out if a lot of your word salads are due to that. Your stuff reads very similar to the jumbled text messages I get from my father in law.
    Sorry buddy if you cannot grasp the concept of uncontrolled studies that are, and are not, useful depending on the question asked. You put up the study, not me. And then you did not even read how the authors completely trimmed their own study with the shortcomings.

Also I dont want to have anything to do with your genes, so quit calling me your father-in-law... burning man.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Sorry buddy if you cannot grasp the concept of uncontrolled studies that are, and are not, useful depending on the question asked. You put up the study, not me. And then you did not even read how the authors completely trimmed their own study with the shortcomings.

Also I dont want to have anything to do with your genes, so quit calling me your father-in-law... burning man.
    What you just underlined and responded to has nothing to do with the study I posted you senile old fart You get so lost trying to rapid fire post, slow down old man.

Thread Information