Page 321 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2212713113173183193203213223233243253313714218211321 ... LastLast
Results 8,001 to 8,025 of 40782
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kemp is lying.

Pretending to be an idiot is the penultimate CYA for bad decisions. It is usually a prelude to more of the same.
    maybe he relied on those WH nuremberg pressers?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Snippet:

The world is about to find out. So far, about one in 10 deaths in the United States from COVID-19 has occurred in the four-state arc of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia, according to data assembled by the COVID Tracking Project, a volunteer collaboration incubated at The Atlantic. New Orleans is on pace to become the next global epicenter of the pandemic. The virus has a foothold in southwestern Georgia, and threatens to overwhelm hospitals in the Atlanta metropolitan area. The coronavirus is advancing quickly across the American South. And in the American South, significant numbers of younger people are battling health conditions that make coronavirus outbreaks more perilous.

The numbers emerging seem to indicate that more young people in the South are dying from COVID-19. Although the majority of coronavirus-related deaths in Louisiana are still among victims over 70 years old, 43 percent of all reported deaths have been people under 70. In Georgia, people under 70 make up 49 percent of reported deaths. By comparison, people under 70 account for only 20 percent of deaths in Colorado. “Under 70” is a broad category, not really useful for understanding what’s going on. But digging deeper reveals more concerning numbers. In Louisiana, people from the ages of 40 to 59 account for 22 percent of all deaths. The same age range in Georgia accounts for 17 percent of all deaths. By comparison, the same age group accounts for only about 10 percent of all deaths in Colorado, and 6 percent of all deaths in Washington State. These statistics suggest that middle-aged and working-age adults in the two southern states are at much greater risk than their counterparts elsewhere; for some reason, they are more likely to die from COVID-19.
    My guess is that people aged 40-59 in Georgia and Louisiana and orders of magnitude less healthy than that cohort is in Colorado and Washington state.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kemp is lying.

Pretending to be an idiot is the penultimate CYA for bad decisions. It is usually a prelude to more of the same.
    Very good point. I keep assuming they are idiots, and forget they can be lying as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is that people aged 40-59 in Georgia and Louisiana and orders of magnitude less healthy than that cohort is in Colorado and Washington state.
    Map it out to rates of diabetes and other health factors.

I also wonder if having a population at higher elevation has an effect. Your lungs work harder by default. Wyoming swim teams tend to do well at lower elevations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe he relied on those WH nuremberg pressers?
    Nope. He's a cynical liar. Like the President, he's content to fiddle while his country burns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Map it out to rates of diabetes and other health factors.

I also wonder if having a population at higher elevation has an effect. Your lungs work harder by default. Wyoming swim teams tend to do well at lower elevations.
    Or hikes vs. rascal scooters owned ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“[The 44-year-old suspect from] San Pedro, was charged with deliberately wrecking a train during the incident Tuesday, which lead to a derailment and fuel leak, according to charges,” The Los Angeles Times reported. “Prosecutors allege that [the suspect] derailed the train and deliberately crashed through barriers designed to stop engines before grinding to a halt 250 yards from the Mercy.”

According to an affidavit, the suspect allegedly told a California Highway Patrol officer, “You only get this chance once. The whole world is watching. I had to. People don’t know what’s going on here. Now they will.”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because of all the blacks?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. He's a cynical liar. Like the President, he's content to fiddle while his country burns.
    This word has been sitting in my hip pocket.

Im being cynical in believing this is how the red team operates, especially WH operates.
    Some posters of varying political persuasions on this site exhibit this so brazenly... Living in a sad world of paranoia because of it.

This is what winning a campaign and keeping power through lying breeds, saturated cynical brains.
    Its like they take old-Darwinian views to the core, and forget people can actually reject make choices and reject such simplistic widely held views about human nature. Some Christians fob it Off with, “we know we are going to sin, so here goes, I’m a sinner”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because of all the blacks?
    Poor, lack of education, lack of knowledge about proper hygiene and basic health.
    Same in white rural areas. Usually smoke more, eat more junk, etc...

My hypotheses.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Well this one aged like milk...

Also definitely got regurgitated on here by DarrinS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germany confirmed asymptomatics can spread the virus in January

why did we not prepare?

https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056...icleTools=true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor, lack of education, lack of knowledge about proper hygiene and basic health.
    Same in white rural areas. Usually smoke more, eat more junk, etc...

My hypotheses.
    Could it be that the author and you are just using percentage differences in comparing 2 small data sets in order to fit the virus into his preconceived views of the south.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

why did we not prepare?

How would you have prepared the country Hater?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would you have prepared the country Hater?
    immediately order billions of PPE and hudreds of thousands of ventilators to start?

organize a competent task force immediately? (without Mike Penis)

seems like CDC had to be waken up from a slumber and now our medics are wearing rain ponchos and trash bags as PPE

i mbarrasing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh and when was Trumps last Rally? curious about that

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Snippet:

The world is about to find out. So far, about one in 10 deaths in the United States from COVID-19 has occurred in the four-state arc of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia, according to data assembled by the COVID Tracking Project, a volunteer collaboration incubated at The Atlantic. New Orleans is on pace to become the next global epicenter of the pandemic. The virus has a foothold in southwestern Georgia, and threatens to overwhelm hospitals in the Atlanta metropolitan area. The coronavirus is advancing quickly across the American South. And in the American South, significant numbers of younger people are battling health conditions that make coronavirus outbreaks more perilous.

The numbers emerging seem to indicate that more young people in the South are dying from COVID-19. Although the majority of coronavirus-related deaths in Louisiana are still among victims over 70 years old, 43 percent of all reported deaths have been people under 70. In Georgia, people under 70 make up 49 percent of reported deaths. By comparison, people under 70 account for only 20 percent of deaths in Colorado. “Under 70” is a broad category, not really useful for understanding what’s going on. But digging deeper reveals more concerning numbers. In Louisiana, people from the ages of 40 to 59 account for 22 percent of all deaths. The same age range in Georgia accounts for 17 percent of all deaths. By comparison, the same age group accounts for only about 10 percent of all deaths in Colorado, and 6 percent of all deaths in Washington State. These statistics suggest that middle-aged and working-age adults in the two southern states are at much greater risk than their counterparts elsewhere; for some reason, they are more likely to die from COVID-19.
    The final crescendo of the oll southern strategy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good ol southern cooking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

why did we not prepare?

That would have required empathy and professionalism, which are, uh, not in Trump's bailiwick. It would also have required him to put the American people before his own ambition and personal glory.

This always has been -- and still is -- primarily a problem of PR and optics for Trump. Dealing with it qua public health threat was never going to start until it was too late.

Trump's preoccupation with the possible effect of COVID-19 on his own political fortunes (and his aversion to the that perceived negative effect) will have cost 10s of thousands of US lives before this is done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well this one aged like milk...

Also definitely got regurgitated on here by DarrinS

I don't know why you keep trying to dunk on me. I already admitted I was wrong weeks ago.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

how do idiots like this get elected
    ....because bigger idiots elect them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Things the US could have doe sooner and resulted in saved lives: Shelter in place much sooner, order production of vents sooner, order production of PPE sooner, followed the Pandemic playbook, not reduced staffing at pandemic related facilities such as the CDC, and the list goes on.

We could have avoided this. Anyone who thinks it was unavoidable is being intellectually dishonest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Will the coronavirus wilt in summer heat? Maybe, but don’t count on it

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...be-dont-count/

Thread Information