Page 812 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 3127127628028088098108118128138148158168228629121312 ... LastLast
Results 20,276 to 20,300 of 40770
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus, I hope the new plateau isn't even higher than first e.

I hate this movie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Japan Acted Like the Virus Had Gone. Now It’s Spread Everywhere.

After initial success, Japan is facing a reality check on the coronavirus.

The country garnered global attention after containing the first wave of Covid-19 with what it referred to as the “Japan Model” -- limited testing and no lockdown, nor any legal means to force businesses to close. The country’s finance minister even suggested a higher “cultural standard” helped contain the disease.

But now the island nation is facing a formidable resurgence, with Covid-19 cases hitting records nationwide day after day. Infections first concentrated in the capital have spread to other urban areas, while regions without cases for months have become new hotspots. And the patient demographic -- originally younger people less likely to fall seriously ill -- is expanding to the elderly, a concern given that Japan is home to the world’s oldest population

Experts say that Japan’s focus on the economy may have been its undoing. As other countries in Asia, which experienced the coronavirus earlier than those in the West, wrestle with new flare ups of Covid-19, Japan now risks becoming a warning for what happens when a country moves too fast to normalize -- and doesn’t adjust its strategy when the outbreak changes.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ead-everywhere

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus, I hope the new plateau isn't even higher than first e.

I hate this movie.
    lolololololll

Lolololooooo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ gossip

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hawai'i pondering other lockdown

Hawaii’s positive COVID-19 cases went back to triple digits Sunday, adding another data point to a surge that is bringing the state closer to another widespread lockdown and garnering national attention.

State Health Department officials reported only 45 new cases Sunday morning but said they were “not a complete and accurate picture due to the temporary delay in receiving complete data” from Clinical Labs of Hawaii, a private laboratory conducting most of the tests in the state.

Lt. Gov. Josh Green said Sunday evening that DOH had sorted out the accounting issue and that the “number does appear again to be in the triple digits.”
    “The only way we are going to bring our numbers back down is either an immediate full-court press on all cases — tracing and testing on active cases and isolating them,” Green said, “or if the cases continue in the triple digits, the state of Hawaii will have no choice other than widespread shutdown — which will be extremely painful and nothing that I want to put people through.”

Green said the state is at a crossroads now, and “this week is the last week to get the numbers under control without having to take dramatic measures.”
    https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/...-only-way-out/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lolololl you

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    det scinz doh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we see another week of triple digits, the only sensible thing to do is to have a two- to four-week shutdown with only essential work occurring to keep ourselves alive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we see another week of triple digits, the only sensible thing to do is to have a two- to four-week shutdown with only essential work occurring to keep ourselves alive
    Why isn't that reasonable for Hawai'i?

Be as specific as you can.

(foldren about to fold again.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol AAPS
    lol Gateway Pundit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol AAPS
    lol Gateway Pundit
    lol vague ad hominem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol vague ad hominem
    you can keep them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

even if we were going to take those charts seriously, does fauci have unilateral authority to ban the use of a drug? he's not even part of the FDA

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The average number of daily COVID-19 deaths on a weekly basis has fallen from a peak of just over 2,000 to 700 or so. That’s a roughly 65% decline. And it’s no fluke. The figure has been dropping steadily since April.

Hold on. That last number for June 23 on the chart shows a huge jump. Should we be worried? Is this the much-dreaded surge some have been talking up?

Apparently not. A big part of that one-time gain came from a revision by one state: Delaware.

As Youyang Gu, an MIT data scientist who created the COVID 19-projections.com site, tweeted: “To put the increase in deaths in context, Delaware added 69 deaths today: ‘The revision came from identifying 67 deaths dating back to April.’ So if you take out those 67 deaths, the week-over-week deaths have not changed.”

Goldman Sachs’ state-level tracker shows similar trends. The volume of coronavirus tests has risen 23% in the past two weeks, but positive results have increased just 1.3 percentage points to 6.2%. Meanwhile, deaths have fallen over the past two weeks by 12%.

This is bad news for those who, for a variety of reasons, seek to plunge us back into lockdowns and social isolation, despite the proven devastating economic impacts that would have. If COVID-19 deaths aren’t rising, and they aren’t, the rationale for shutdowns evaporates.

But the rationale in the first place could be even weaker than first thought. The reason for this is that the deaths now attributed to COVID-19 might be grossly exaggerated. The evidence is substantial, and has been obvious for weeks. (We first wrote about it in late May.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If COVID-19 deaths aren’t rising, and they aren’t, the rationale for shutdowns evaporates.
    Hmm, death rate is the only criterion here?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The average number of daily COVID-19 deaths on a weekly basis has fallen from a peak of just over 2,000 to 700 or so. That’s a roughly 65% decline. And it’s no fluke. The figure has been dropping steadily since April.

Hold on. That last number for June 23 on the chart shows a huge jump. Should we be worried? Is this the much-dreaded surge some have been talking up?

Apparently not. A big part of that one-time gain came from a revision by one state: Delaware.

As Youyang Gu, an MIT data scientist who created the COVID 19-projections.com site, tweeted: “To put the increase in deaths in context, Delaware added 69 deaths today: ‘The revision came from identifying 67 deaths dating back to April.’ So if you take out those 67 deaths, the week-over-week deaths have not changed.”

Goldman Sachs’ state-level tracker shows similar trends. The volume of coronavirus tests has risen 23% in the past two weeks, but positive results have increased just 1.3 percentage points to 6.2%. Meanwhile, deaths have fallen over the past two weeks by 12%.

This is bad news for those who, for a variety of reasons, seek to plunge us back into lockdowns and social isolation, despite the proven devastating economic impacts that would have. If COVID-19 deaths aren’t rising, and they aren’t, the rationale for shutdowns evaporates.

But the rationale in the first place could be even weaker than first thought. The reason for this is that the deaths now attributed to COVID-19 might be grossly exaggerated. The evidence is substantial, and has been obvious for weeks. (We first wrote about it in late May.)
    wrong

once we understand the longer lasting symptoms you will wet your Depends.
    but we will never know because you will go bunkering.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Karen is also upset about the Columbus statue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

called that

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

called that
    "Unbelievable" as in complete bull , yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

called that
    fake news

Thread Information