Page 959 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 459859909949955956957958959960961962963969100910591459 ... LastLast
Results 23,951 to 23,975 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so they were infected coming in, and got re-infected in training

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some really really scary

Prolonged Brain Dysfunction in COVID-19 Survivors:

A Pandemic in its Own Right?

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2021...own-right.html

Apart from 300K he killed, how many 100Ks of Americans will suffer, die early, cost us all $100Bs, unnecessarily because Trash wanted to be re-elected?

Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-16-2021 at 04:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good luck w that in brasil

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We probably will never reach full herd immunity
    especially if people avoid vaccines

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ontario locks down

A panel of experts say infections in Ontario could increase by 600% by June if public health measures are weak and vaccination rates do not pick up.

Last week, for the first time since the pandemic began, Canada registered more cases per million than the US.

About 22% of Canadians have now received a first vaccine dose.

That compares to 37% in the US.

Ontario is now introducing strict new public measures, including:

• a six-week stay-at-home order
    • restrictions on non-essential travel, including checkpoints at the borders with the neighbouring provinces of Quebec and Manitoba
    • new powers for police to stop and question people who leave home
    • a halt to non-essential construction

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-56779428

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Least Vaccinated U.S. Counties Have Something in Common: Trump Voters

in hundreds of counties around the country, vaccination rates are low, with some even languishing in the teens.

The disparity in vaccination rates has so far mainly broken down along political lines.

willingness to receive a vaccine and actual vaccination rates to date were lower, on average, in counties where a majority of residents voted to re-elect former President Donald J. Trump in 2020.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-politics.html

dumb sociopaths that will cost us all $100Bs.

Trash, his 74M dumb voters, Repugs, Capitalism, ALL disastrous for the Common Good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how Taiwan did it.

The study found that the case-based policies alone, like contact tracing and quarantining, could lower the R number from 2.5 to 1.53. Quarantine contributed the most to lowering the R number.

Case-based interventions could not substantially prevent transmission from one person to another, but could reduce transmission onwards from those secondary cases to a third or fourth person, as long as close contacts quarantined.

Population-based policies like social distancing and face masks, meanwhile, reduced the R number from 2.5 to 1.3.

The authors concluded that it was the combination of case-based and population-based policies, along with widespread adherence, that led to Taiwan’s success in containing COVID. Combining both approaches led to an R number estimated using two different methods to be 0.82 and as low as 0.62. They also found that considerable population-based policies were needed to achieve containment even though the number of circulating infections was small.
    https://theconversation.com/how-taiw...success-158900

the study: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33821922/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just 11 people have died from COVID-19 in Taiwan since the pandemic began, an impressive feat for a country that never went into lockdown.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strange they fail to mention that Taiwan ignored the WHO & CDC and began restricting/screening international travel as soon as reports of a SARS like virus in China became public

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, they figured it out for themselves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what is government good for, right?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ontario walks back new pandemic police powers following widespread backlash

TORONTO — Ontario's government has walked back sweeping new police powers a day after they were announced.

Solicitor General Sylvia Jones says officers will no longer have the right to stop pedestrians or drivers to ask why they are out or request their home address.

Instead, she says, police will only be able to stop people who they have reason to believe are participating in an "organized public event or social gathering."

Friday's announcement that police could arbitrarily stop residents prompted a swift and furious backlash from civil libertarians and public health experts alike.

They argued that the added police powers aimed at enforcing stay-at-home orders were overkill.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ontarians-...080000394.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The numbers in India are grim right now. I guess that Indian strain is no joke.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Global Covid Cases Soar to 'Absolutely Staggering' Weekly Record Amid Vaccine Apartheid

"Unless we vaccinate all nations,

there is a huge risk that the protection offered by vaccines will be shattered by fresh mutations."

Fueled by surging cases in India, Brazil, and other developing nations,

new global coronavirus infections
    hit a seven-day high of 5.2 million last week

as world leaders face growing pressure to take
    bold action against vaccine inequities that have left much of the world unprotected from the deadly pathogen.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/04/19/global-covid-cases-soar-absolutely-staggering-weekly-record-amid-vaccine-apartheid

Meanwhile, evangelicals, small- Macho Men, Repugs, etc, refuse vaccination, so vaccine supply piles up in Confederate, red-states.

Trash's fascist buddy Bolsonaro does nothing to help Brazilians, because money-backed fascists don't GAS about citizens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The numbers in India are grim right now. I guess that Indian strain is no joke.
    India is ed. Seems like real #s are 10,000 daily deaths and 300k+ daily infections.

Virus going mercurial over there.

Meanwhile that clown Modi is holding rallies

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Capitalist profits over people

Will Big Pharma Drive for Vaccine Profits Mean Thousands More Will Die?

Actions by the Biden administration, in

refusing to share the US government-owned patent of the coronavirus vaccine,

ensures the profits of the rich who own the giant for-profit pharmaceutical and medical insurance monopolies. It also guarantees that tens of thousands kore will die—just as in Brazil 5,000 are dying per day for lack of vaccines.

free vaccines for every single person in Cuba and for every country in the world that wants it by ending their “intellectual property rights” of the vaccine and allowing others to manufacture it.

This was the policy of Jonas Salk who developed the polio vaccine six decades ago. He gave it freely to the world.

Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca and other pharmaceutical companies received $2.3 billion in government (i.e., our tax dollars) for vaccine research, development and distribution.

Yet they refuse to share their vaccine formula!

‘Vaccine protectionism’

The truth is the scarcity of vaccines is created by the workings of capitalist for-profit medical systems.

Rather than mobilize all the resources of society, vaccine creation and production is left to the “market” and its “profit motive.”

THERE ARE MANY FACILITIES INTERNATIONALLY THAT COULD PRODUCE THE VACCINE IF GIVEN THE HOARDED FORMULA.

The winners hope to make trillions. Working people are the losers.

https://www.laprogressive.com/vaccine-profits

USA, as its empires crumbles, missing a huge chance for "soft diplomacy" (rather than eternal bombing and warring by "the most dangerous country in the world").

Trash/Rexxon Tillerson gutted the State Dept, and of course, Pompeo was a useless, bag excuse of a diplomat

Last edited by boutons_deux; 04-19-2021 at 12:35 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    India is ed. Seems like real #s are 10,000 daily deaths and 300k+ daily infections.

Virus going mercurial over there.

Meanwhile that clown Modi is holding rallies

This is so sad.
    I could not figure out how they were avoiding getting crushed.
    Well it appears has broken loose.
    We are so lucky this virus does not mutate as drastically as the flu and probably wont.
    Having that real weak spot in the e protein, the thing that makes the virus so incredibly transmissible, is also a weakness from the virus perspective. The flu has many more "tricks" available.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is so sad.
    I could not figure out how they were avoiding getting crushed.
    Well it appears has broken loose.
    We are so lucky this virus does not mutate as drastically as the flu and probably wont.
    Having that real weak spot in the e protein, the thing that makes the virus so incredibly transmissible, is also a weakness from the virus perspective. The flu has many more "tricks" available.
    There is no trick to the e in India. Kumbh Mela has been going on for 2 1/2 weeks. They just stopped because some of the leader died.

Have millions of people pack together to do this and then blame it on the "strain".

Thread Information