Page 327 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2272773173233243253263273283293303313373774278271327 ... LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, so Dear Leader didn't discover/invent hydoxychloroquine?

Fake it until you make it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Dear Leader, I've never seen a Cult of Personality around a president like this in all my years. I mean, just or

This is basically the theme of the replies:

Giving a about a pampered billionaire who's had everything handed to him on a silver platter his entire life. But oh no, he might be tired! Let's pray for him.
    Bizarre to see people glorify a guy who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire and literally has had a hand in killing tens of thousands of his own cult. It's this bizarre hybrid of redneck bible thumper - kamikazi pilot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bizarre to see people glorify a guy who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire and literally has had a hand in killing tens of thousands of his own cult. It's this bizarre hybrid of redneck bible thumper - kamikazi pilot
    then again ppl glorified lery *ding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude basically all media outlets were posting that this is nothing compared to the regular flu in late January and early February. If the Washington Post (not that I think highly of them) is pushing that then there is zero chance of the average American will do something. You have a point but late January and early February is not a reasonable timeline given what was actually being pushed during that time period.

Edit:. I suppose you were talking about lower levels of government. Your expectations of them are also too high.
    The federal government, and its intelligence agencies have better information, and more of it, than any reporter.

What "media outlets" were saying is sort of irrelevant to what the government should have been doing, if the government knew, or should have known better.

The inquiry is in its early stages, according to the network, and is “being done in coordination with the Securities and Exchange Commission.” It is centered around North Carolina Sen. Richard Burr, who reportedly sold off stock in the weeks following the senators-only coronavirus briefing on Jan. 24.
    https://people.com/politics/justice-...irus-briefing/

It was obvious enough to the Senators briefed on it to dump stocks. Seems like someone at the top knew.

Trump should have known. He has access to the best information on the planet for most things.

Either Trump didn't know (negligence) or Trump knew and lied (evil), because Trump was saying "no problem" right up until he couldn't lie about it anymore.

At some point the MSM actual friends of the people started sounding the alarm. And the Fox propaganda enemies of hte people kept telling Trumps lies for him, KILLING PEOPLE.

Is it ok to kill people to protect Trumps prestige?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wtf right before my post

weird
    that winehole article wasn't an opinion piece. i was referring to the USA Today article TSA was pointing to

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

djohn2oo8 will be coming out of hiding and be posting in the political forum shortly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting, I missed that. Would love a link if you've got it handy.
    Closest I could find:
    https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2020...3681584975924/

I know that before they started with these, the FDA had to explicitly approve both the drug and plasma for clinical trials.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    where is Thread today?

hopefully the old bas is not on a ventilator
    Didn't Thread have a bet that it wouldn't reach 1000 deaths a day in the US?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Thread have a bet that it wouldn't reach 1000 deaths a day in the US?
    wasnt ELE

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

djohn2oo8 will be coming out of hiding and be posting in the political forum shortly
    I'm praying for good old djohn. I haven't seem him anywhere on the board. Hopefully he didn't catch this thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine have extremely good safety profiles when taken as directed. The more serious complications come from long term use or people with serious heart conditions. You can look up the safety data of virtually any medication (even over the counter) and find serious side effects that happen to some small percentage of people. Medicine is not an exact science.

Too much is being made out of that couple that took 16 times the recommended dose and ed themselves up.

Too much is also being made of the word anecdotal. Dr. Fauci's initial use of that word was in response to a specific question about using the drug as a prophylactic (to prevent infection not treatment). Now people like Chump are running with it cuz Trump.

As a treatment, we have good in vitro evidence on their inhibition of viral attachment & replication and chemically why it does. We have decades of studies on their inhibition of cytokine production, that's why they are used for autoimmune diseases. And we have a number of small imperfect studies of actual clinical use. That's all a bit more than anecdotal I would say.

That's all very hopeful. We'll see what the large scale study shows. It's not going to be a wonder drug though where you give it to people near or already in organ failure and they all magically get better. Those medicines do not exist.
    You have to look at this not from the perspective of you and me, but from the perspective of lawyers. When a doctor is in his own practice, he can run the liability risk himself. When he's in a hospital, the hospital can be liable too, and so there's a plethora of risk management going on there, and the legal department almost always gets involved.

As somebody that has worked in the medical industry for a number of years, there's a huge CYA at ude towards everything, and it's also a big factor why things are so expensive, and every doctor orders a lot of tests that might be unnecessary at times.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Has Trump done anything wrong before and/or during this crisis?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The cult has been a long time in building. Right wing radio started it, and fox propaganda channel's constant "we are victims, don't trust the other guys" made the truth an enemy a long time ago.

I have been saying for a long time that these people don't want "fair and balanced" they want an echo chamber.

A lot of this is being driven by evangelicals, who tend to distrust science and "others" much more.

I take it you have seen the Goldwater quote?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to look at this not from the perspective of you and me, but from the perspective of lawyers. When a doctor is in his own practice, he can run the liability risk himself. When he's in a hospital, the hospital can be liable too, and so there's a plethora of risk management going on there, and the legal department almost always gets involved.

As somebody that has worked in the medical industry for a number of years, there's a huge CYA at ude towards everything, and it's also a big factor why things are so expensive, and every doctor orders a lot of tests that might be unnecessary at times.
    Tort reform my friend, tort reform.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA throwing their admirals under the bus

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tort reform my friend, tort reform.
    It's a double edged sword, tbh. As much as we're trying to minimize a hospital liability in this case, there's also cases where malpractice can be egregious, and if you're on the receiving end, you would want to recoup as much as you can.

I think it makes more sense to potentially do that in specific cases, like crisis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that winehole article wasn't an opinion piece. i was referring to the USA Today article TSA was pointing to
    I didn't say it was. Your choice of words was peculiar considering we posted at the same time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say it was. Your choice of words was peculiar considering we posted at the same time.
    ah gotcha

honestly the bigger surprise was that you actually chose words instead of a tweet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah gotcha

honestly the bigger surprise was that you actually chose words instead of a tweet
    I'm not interested in blather or minutiae. I leave that to the 99.9%.

Carry on Pleb.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 Deaths from another 1k day death for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah gotcha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    30 Deaths from another 1k day death for us.
    Without NY Numbers yet so its safe to say taht we're at 1k+ today. ing insane man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    idgaf about your articles or opinions kthxbye

p.s. don't @ me got
    I don't consider your preferences binding. It's not like we're friends or something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not interested in blather or minutiae. I leave that to the 99.9%.

Carry on Pleb.
    Because tweets about Kathy Griffin are important

Thread Information