Page 683 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1835836336736796806816826836846856866876937337831183 ... LastLast
Results 17,051 to 17,075 of 40782
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    America isn't being reopened, it's being ripped apart by propaganda using the 2016 Russian playbook

The bots may be numerous, but their message isn’t varied.

They’re not being used to pass along accurate news about COVID-19, to encourage social distancing, or to support state government calls for preventive measures

. In addition to pushing false cures, like Trump’s much-pushed hydroxychloroquine, and

spreading general false information about the dangers of COVID-19,

there’s one point where bots are driving the whole of social media.

they are “dominating conversations about ending stay-at-home orders and ‘reopening America.’”

CMU reports that the pandemic has generated far more fake accounts than expected.

Those bots aren’t just participating in the online discussion about reopening America, they are driving it.

These same bots are also pushing stories that

deaths due to COVID-19 are being overcounted,

that medical workers and hospitals are exaggerating the scale of the pandemic,

that hospital rooms are filled with crisis actors or even mannequins to make the situation seem far worse than it is.

The bots are both

originating and repeating more than 100 different categories of false stories about COVID-19, the pandemic, and the steps needed to fight the disease.

These conspiracy theories are designed to both increase anger and generate distrust of medical authorities.

They’ve also played a role in driving in-person protests in cities across the country.

See if this looks familiar:

• A social media campaign that dominates a national conversation, introduces divisive themes, and helps to orchestrate small physical protests.
    • Out-sized media coverage and intense social media amplification that makes those protests seem both far more significant and legitimate.
    • A network of lies and conspiracy theories that opens divisions in the nation, plays on existing fears, and generates distrust of knowledgeable sources.

that was exactly Russia’s 2016 playbook. And that’s not a great surprise.

Because this isn’t some random group of bots cobbled together by hackers just for kicks.

The scale of this effort is huge, the messages are coordinated, and the impact has already been felt nationwide.

According to CMU professor Kathleen Carley,

“...it looks like it's a propaganda machine, and it definitely matches the Russian and Chinese playbooks.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...ssian-playbook

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Study estimates 24 states still have uncontrolled coronavirus spread

may still be spreading at epidemic rates in 24 states, particularly in the South and Midwest,

the risk of a second wave of infections in places that reopen too quickly or without sufficient precautions.

Some states have had little viral spread or “crushed the curve” to a great degree

and have some wiggle room to reopen their economies without generating a new epidemic-level surge in cases.

Others are nowhere near containing the virus.

“There’s evidence that the U.S. is not under control, as an entire country,”

In California and Florida, the death rate could e to roughly 1,000 a day by July without efforts to mitigate the spread,

much of the country was in decent shape for reopening, but

worrisome areas remain, including Houston, Dallas, South Florida and Alabama.

In 24 states, however, the model shows a reproduction number over 1. Texas tops the list,

followed by Arizona, Illinois, Colorado, Ohio, Minnesota, Indiana, Iowa, Alabama, Wisconsin, Mississippi, Tennessee, Florida, Virginia, New Mexico, Missouri, Delaware, South Carolina, Massachusetts, North Carolina, California, Pennsylvania, Louisiana and Maryland.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...=nl_tyh&wpmk=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This Bill Gates bull is maddening. Bill and Melinda have done some great things with their foundation. Hating on him makes zero sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Study estimates 24 states still have uncontrolled coronavirus spread

may still be spreading at epidemic rates in 24 states, particularly in the South and Midwest,

the risk of a second wave of infections in places that reopen too quickly or without sufficient precautions.

Some states have had little viral spread or “crushed the curve” to a great degree

and have some wiggle room to reopen their economies without generating a new epidemic-level surge in cases.

Others are nowhere near containing the virus.

“There’s evidence that the U.S. is not under control, as an entire country,”

In California and Florida, the death rate could e to roughly 1,000 a day by July without efforts to mitigate the spread,

much of the country was in decent shape for reopening, but

worrisome areas remain, including Houston, Dallas, South Florida and Alabama.

In 24 states, however, the model shows a reproduction number over 1. Texas tops the list,

followed by Arizona, Illinois, Colorado, Ohio, Minnesota, Indiana, Iowa, Alabama, Wisconsin, Mississippi, Tennessee, Florida, Virginia, New Mexico, Missouri, Delaware, South Carolina, Massachusetts, North Carolina, California, Pennsylvania, Louisiana and Maryland.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...=nl_tyh&wpmk=1
    That article is bull . Our actual is .82.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet you believe that

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump really couldn’t have picked a worse time to golf.

We joke about him golfing all the time but man, this one had to be the one time he should’ve locked himself the in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could it be incalculable if you give the number?

Shout out to the round number milestoners.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could it be incalculable if you give the number?

Shout out to the round number milestoners.
    Yeah give the NY times the semantic works! That'll teach em

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "North Carolina has reported its highest one-day e in new COVID-19 cases, a development that comes a day after the state entered its second phase of re-opening.

In a statement Saturday, the state's Department of Health and Human Services reported 1,107 infections – around 250 more cases than the state's last highest daily tally.

"This is a notable and concerning increase," said the department's secretary, Mandy Cohen. "As we head into a holiday weekend, please practice the three Ws – wear a face covering, wait six feet apart, and wash your hands frequently. When it comes to our health, we need to work together to protect our families, friends and neighbors."

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...covid-19-cases

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah give the NY times the semantic works! That'll teach em
    Can't be wrong if it's the NY times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "North Carolina has reported its highest one-day e in new COVID-19 cases, a development that comes a day after the state entered its second phase of re-opening.

In a statement Saturday, the state's Department of Health and Human Services reported 1,107 infections – around 250 more cases than the state's last highest daily tally.

"This is a notable and concerning increase," said the department's secretary, Mandy Cohen. "As we head into a holiday weekend, please practice the three Ws – wear a face covering, wait six feet apart, and wash your hands frequently. When it comes to our health, we need to work together to protect our families, friends and neighbors."

Because they all caught it and got test results the very next day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't be wrong if it's the NY times.
    Can't be that you're wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reopen America!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't be that you're wrong
    Am I? The headline is self contradicting. That's not wrong. You called it "semantics" but not wrong.

Make up your mind, or ask Chumpy to do it for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reopen America!
    Maybe say something that makes ing sense if you're going to try to attack or defend a stance.

So people tested positive just a day after opening - that's intentionally conflating cause with correlation. It's being used as a "told you so" for reopening the country. It's stupid. The infections happened while the country was closed, idiot. That means being closed didn't stop the infections which is completely opposite of how you're hoping to spin it, but you'll buy anything from the left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I? The headline is self contradicting. That's not wrong. You called it "semantics" but not wrong.
    Try zooming in on the intro paragraph, dumb .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe say something that makes ing sense if you're going to try to attack or defend a stance.

So people tested positive just a day after opening - that's intentionally conflating cause with correlation. It's being used as a "told you so" for reopening the country. It's stupid. The infections happened while the country was closed, idiot. That means being closed didn't stop the infections which is completely opposite of how you're hoping to spin it, but you'll buy anything from the left.
    The point is that the count is not going down yet we keep moving to reopen America, dumb .

You read spin jobs into the "left" because you're clearly on Team Righty no matter how impartial and objective you claim to be, dumb .

Lol "honest broker" going to work

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Am I? The headline is self contradicting.
    The number of people is calculable. The full loss including things like what those people mean to family members is not.

Really simple stuff IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mandy means well, she's just in the wrong state

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It actually says it was a day after phase two of opening. One would surmise that phase one didn't go as planned.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY drops below 100 deaths/day for first time since March

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chumpdumper thinks its science.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrat Idiot

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brazil’s Covid-19 Crisis Shows What Will Happen

if the U.S. Relaxes All Social Distancing Standards

President Jair Bolsonaro is exasperating the Trump playbook

The US reaction to Brazil, like everything else, has been slow. Not only aren’t we helping them, we’re putting ourselves in danger —

we haven’t halted air travel from Brazil,

that has greater Covid-19 spread than China did when we did ban travel from China.

Trump declaring the Coronavirus over now is

virtually the same as declaring it non-existent in February.

I did several closed Congressional briefings today.

At one, I was told to

stop asking for investments in public health and

start focusing about the economy.

I said that’s exactly what I think I’m doing.

https://coronavirus.medium.com/brazils-covid-19-crisis-shows-what-will-happen-if-the-us-relaxes-all-social-distancing-standards-b91380a367a

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-24-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Thread Information