Page 396 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2963463863923933943953963973983994004064464968961396 ... LastLast
Results 9,876 to 9,900 of 40770
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's CDC took the drug off their website.

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has abruptly switched its guidance for use of a drug touted by President Donald Trump as a possible treatment for COVID-19, dropping its reference to anecdotal dosages to say simply that there are no approved drugs for dealing with the disease.

The CDC's online advice for hydroxychloroquine was updated April 7, three days after Reuters reported that the CDC was offering what the news agency called "highly unusual guidance" for the drug's use based on "unattributed anecdotes rather than peer-reviewed science."

The updated, and shortened, guidance says simply that "hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are under investigation in clinical trials” for use on coronavirus patients and "there are no drugs or other therapeutics approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to prevent or treat COVID-19."

The CDC originally told Reuters that the earlier guidance was crafted for doctors at the request of a White House coronavirus task force, which had urged prompt action.
    That's great news! Hopefully it stays that way cuz Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont forget that french dr
    Le chloroniqué

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont forget that french dr
    I'm sure they took it down once they saw the report saying the French study was hot garbage. Anyone who actually read it had to know it was worthless. The show continues.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure they took it down once they saw the report saying the French study was hot garbage. Anyone who actually read it had to know it was worthless. The show continues.
    You mean the anecdotal report of 11 patients that was designed to give poor results?

Anecdotes good now

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    I am LITERALLY shaking! Anybody else??

I don't see us ever returning back to society in years much less a few months. Might as well quarantine everyone up to a decade. Shut everything down. PLEEAASE.!!! Just call in the National Guard and have them deliver food to us once every three days....everyone gets to leave their house for exercise once a month for 10 minutes ONLY. If anybody exceeds that, have the National Guard shoot them on site. In 20 years, MAYBE we can revisit letting people out. I don't care if everyone loses their job. That's the only way we can beat this, we can't sacrifice a single life.

If you disagree with me you are literally Hitler like BadOrangeman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Bigger numbers are harder to double than smaller numbers. But like Silver implied, no good news right now. We're probably entering a plateau, and who knows how long that could stretch. If it's a month, that equals about 60K deaths over the next 30 days.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Bigger numbers are harder to double than smaller numbers. But like Silver implied, no good news right now. We're probably entering a plateau, and who knows how long that could stretch. If it's a month, that equals about 60K deaths over the next 30 days.

Def not good news,but expected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean the anecdotal report of 11 patients that was designed to give poor results?

Anecdotes good now
    Designed?

Explain.

I'm talking about the original 36 patient study that was just retracted by its publisher.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be bidens running mate
    I prefer Warren but she would do.

Anyone but Klobuchar would be ok. I am praying it is not her.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well this will certainly clear everything up!

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has abruptly switched its guidance for use of a drug touted by President Donald Trump as a possible treatment for COVID-19, dropping its reference to anecdotal dosages to say simply that there are no approved drugs for dealing with the disease.

The CDC's online advice for hydroxychloroquine was updated April 7, three days after Reuters reported that the CDC was offering what the news agency called "highly unusual guidance" for the drug's use based on "unattributed anecdotes rather than peer-reviewed science."

The updated, and shortened, guidance says simply that "hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine are under investigation in clinical trials” for use on coronavirus patients and "there are no drugs or other therapeutics approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to prevent or treat COVID-19."

The CDC originally told Reuters that the earlier guidance was crafted for doctors at the request of a White House coronavirus task force, which had urged prompt action.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...nt/2967852001/
    Bad news Chump

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...c-options.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anecdotes good now
    Anecdotes have never been great for science.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That jibes completely with the article.

Maybe you should try reading it.

Let me know if you're still having trouble. I'd be glad to dumb it down for you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris is right. The President shouldn't be advocating for any specific treatment up there. He has no ing idea what he's talking about. There's a reason Fauci is way more reserved when discussing it. Maybe it helps. I hope it does. But that doesn't mean POTUS should be even talking about it up there much less acting like a medical professional. But thats how he is. Just endless bull spewed from his mouth.
    Are you for or against the parallel track approach?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm talking about the original 36 patient study that was just retracted by its publisher.
    I thought you were talking about the 11 pt study

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought you were talking about the 11 pt study
    No

Statement on IJAA paper

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of COVID-19: results of an open-label non-randomized clinical trial (Gautret P et al. PMID 32205204)

ISAC shares the concerns regarding the above article published recently in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents (IJAA). The ISAC Board believes the article does not meet the Society’s expected standard, especially relating to the lack of better explanations of the inclusion criteria and the triage of patients to ensure patient safety.

Despite some suggestions online as to the reliability of the article's peer review process, the process did adhere to the industry's peer review rules. Given his role as Editor in Chief of this journal, Jean-Marc Rolain had no involvement in the peer review of the manuscript and has no access to information regarding its peer review. Full responsibility for the manuscript's peer review process was delegated to an Associate Editor.

Although ISAC recognises it is important to help the scientific community by publishing new data fast, this cannot be at the cost of reducing scientific scrutiny and best practices. Both Editors in Chief of our journals (IJAA and Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance) are in full agreement.

Andreas Voss
    ISAC President

https://www.isac.world/news-and-publ...isac-statement

I mean all the problems were apparent right off the bat. It should have had a caveat every time it was cited or mentioned.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Def not good news,but expected
    Let's get to some good news.

Texas doesn't show any indication of going super exponential.

At day 16, NY was at 1550 deaths and Texas is at 189 deaths.

Despite DeSantis's ery and all the Spring Break brouhaha, FL is also holding firm. They had their most deaths 6 days ago (thus far). We basically don't want to see some trend like 30 to 45 to 70 to 100 to 120 to 150, etc. Florida is showing no indication so far of that progression.

California is also trending good. Vs. New York at their respective 23 days since death 10, CA is at 495 and NY is at 5489. Governor Newsom also sent 500 ventilators to different states, so their projections must be looking positive in order to do that.

And in addition to these large states doing well, a lot of the Southwest and Midwest states with smaller populations aren't seeing any es. The Northeast and Upper Midwest (IL, MI) aren't trending good. Let's just hope the combination of weather, mass transit use, population density and such proves to be beneficial over the next month and keeps CA, TX, and FL from rapid exponential growth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you for or against the parallel track approach?
    Do you mean using it now while we study it? I'm OK with that. I'll defer to the doctors judgement on that, though. I honestly don't know when the side effects are applicable. I just don't want the president talking about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's get to some good news.

Texas doesn't show any indication of going super exponential.

At day 16, NY was at 1550 deaths and Texas is at 189 deaths.

Despite DeSantis's ery and all the Spring Break brouhaha, FL is also holding firm. They had their most deaths 6 days ago (thus far). We basically don't want to see some trend like 30 to 45 to 70 to 100 to 120 to 150, etc. Florida is showing no indication so far of that progression.

California is also trending good. Vs. New York at their respective 23 days since death 10, CA is at 495 and NY is at 5489. Governor Newsom also sent 500 ventilators to different states, so their projections must be looking positive in order to do that.

And in addition to these large states doing well, a lot of the Southwest and Midwest states with smaller populations aren't seeing any es. The Northeast and Upper Midwest (IL, MI) aren't trending good. Let's just hope the combination of weather, mass transit use, population density and such proves to be beneficial over the next month and keeps CA, TX, and FL from rapid exponential growth.
    ^ just from what I'm seeing it looks like population density is the biggest beneficial plus of being in Texas

Is there a global chart you happen to know of with population density trends?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ just from what I'm seeing it looks like population density is the biggest beneficial plus of being in Texas

Is there a global chart you happen to know of with population density trends?
    No, but that would be worth exploring, although you could never get a true 1 to 1 comparison, since mitigation efforts, social behavior, and climate all most likely play a role. San Francisco is the 2nd most dense city in the US and is in that green climate band this time of year, and they have only 10 deaths in the city (scaling their pop to NY's, that gives them a 100 deaths). So we definitely have to credit the mayor's quick lockdown with curbing their growth early.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you mean using it now while we study it? I'm OK with that. I'll defer to the doctors judgement on that, though. I honestly don't know when the side effects are applicable. I just don't want the president talking about it.
    That's literally cuz Trump

Well if you get a serious case of the Covid don't mention treatment with Hydroxychloroquine/Zithro or Remdesevir to your doctor. Hopefully they won't mention it either and it will be like Trump never talked about them at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SnakeBoy's getting paranoid about people just practicing good judgment. Wishing ill on posters koriwhat-style.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SnakeBoy's getting paranoid about people just practicing good judgment. Wishing ill on posters koriwhat-style.
    Gonna have to post the "hope the medicine works" disclaimer somewhere in this thread too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna have to post the "hope the medicine works" disclaimer somewhere in this thread too
    See if we can get a sign-on thread stickied to the top so they don't forget.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

Statement on IJAA paper

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin as a treatment of COVID-19: results of an open-label non-randomized clinical trial (Gautret P et al. PMID 32205204)

ISAC shares the concerns regarding the above article published recently in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents (IJAA). The ISAC Board believes the article does not meet the Society’s expected standard, especially relating to the lack of better explanations of the inclusion criteria and the triage of patients to ensure patient safety.

Despite some suggestions online as to the reliability of the article's peer review process, the process did adhere to the industry's peer review rules. Given his role as Editor in Chief of this journal, Jean-Marc Rolain had no involvement in the peer review of the manuscript and has no access to information regarding its peer review. Full responsibility for the manuscript's peer review process was delegated to an Associate Editor.

Although ISAC recognises it is important to help the scientific community by publishing new data fast, this cannot be at the cost of reducing scientific scrutiny and best practices. Both Editors in Chief of our journals (IJAA and Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance) are in full agreement.

Andreas Voss
    ISAC President

https://www.isac.world/news-and-publ...isac-statement

I mean all the problems were apparent right off the bat. It should have had a caveat every time it was cited or mentioned.
    Hadn't seen that.

So they didn't retract the study, thanks.

Do you believe Doctor's should be using the treatment with informed consent (the parallel track approach)?

Thread Information