San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's easy to have a low covid rate if you don't test

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just stopped watching the news. Voila, no more pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They're targeting the bars and night clubs, just like they did here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And genius

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just stopped watching the news. Voila, no more pandemic.
    Genius

Younmust be enjoying life

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free camp? Sign me up.
    what's a covid suspect, tbh?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also, you watch something called "Timcast."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fauci Urges Americans to Use COVID as Excuse to Skip Thanksgiving with Horrible Relatives

“covid-19 could get you off the hook this year,” he said.

“Consider this a doctor’s note from me.”

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...ible-relatives

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid lab leak theory blows wide open – leaked do ents show samples WERE sent to Wuhan
    https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...os-bat-samples

The do ents suggest that in September scientists discovered a viral strain called Banal-52 in Laos.

This coronavirus strain shares 96.8 percent of its genome with COVID-19.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Covid lab leak theory blows wide open – leaked do ents show samples WERE sent to Wuhan

The do ents suggest that in September scientists discovered a viral strain called Banal-52 in Laos.

Shame on you for pushing this conspiracy theory. Bats fly from Laos to Wuhan on a daily basis. DARPA rejected Eco Health’s dangerous proposal and we know Eco Health wouldn’t go to China for funding and even if they did we know China would never fund it. Cmon man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Falsuchin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Falsuchin

conspira s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germans will be ‘vaccinated, cured or dead’ by spring, warns health minister

Jens Spahn rushes out extra doses of BioNTech/Pfizer shot, calls Moderna the ‘Rolls Royce’ of vaccines.

BERLIN — Germans will be "vaccinated, cured or dead" by the end of this winter, Health Minister Jens Spahn said Monday, as he rushed out extra doses of the coronavirus jab from BioNTech and Pfizer to inject into the arms of the one-third of people in the country who are still not vaccinated.

Germany is experiencing record COVID-19 caseloads in the current fourth wave of the pandemic, putting hospital intensive care units under increasing strain — with unvaccinated patients far more likely to become critically ill.

“Probably by the end of this winter pretty much everyone in Germany — as has sometimes been cynically put — will be vaccinated, cured or dead," Spahn told a hastily arranged press conference, in his starkest warning to date of the risks of holding out against vaccination.

“But this really is the case: With the very contagious Delta variant, it is very, very likely ... that anyone who is not vaccinated will over the next few months become infected and lack protection.

"In this respect, immunity is always achieved, the question is only whether it is through vaccination or infection. And we clearly recommend vaccination."

Spahn angered doctors last week by rationing scarce supplies of the vaccine devised by Mainz-based startup BioNTech, which is in favor thanks to its "Made in Germany" status, while saying no limits would apply to the distribution of doses from U.S. biotech company Moderna.

In an abrupt U-turn, he announced Monday that he was rushing out an extra six million doses of the BioNTech shot, while giving assurances that Moderna was also "a good, safe and very effective vaccine. "

"Many doctors say that BioNTech is the Mercedes among vaccines and Moderna is the Rolls Royce," said Spahn.

The Robert Koch Ins ute reported a record weekly incidence of 387 COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people Monday, with swathes of southern and eastern Germany shaded in purple on its color-coded map — indicating crisis levels of more than 1,000 weekly cases per 100,000 people.

https://www.politico.eu/article/jens...9-vaccination/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germans will be ‘vaccinated, cured or dead’ by spring, warns health minister
    So 99.5+% will survive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Long COVID related: brain microbleeds, clinical lung and heart disease

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a systematic review and meta-analysis1, Shubham Misra and colleagues detailed the occurrence of syndromic expression of neurological involvement in COVID-19 and probed the association of neurological indices with disease severity and mortality in patients with COVID-19. By analysing data from 55 countries, they identified 41 neurological manifestations that can occur in conjunction with COVID-19. Up to one-third of individuals with COVID-19 were estimated to exhibit at least one of these manifestations.

Differences in the prevalence of the various neurological symptoms were observed between older (aged 60 years or more) and young (aged less than 18 years) subpopulations. Acute confusion or delirium, fatigue and myalgia tended to dominate in the older group. In patients aged under 18 years, the most common neurological symptoms were impairment of smell and/or taste and headache, and seizures were also noted in some individuals. Alarmingly, mortality in patients with COVID-19 who had one or more neurological manifestations was found to be 27% and was especially high in patients aged 60 years or more. The finding that the prevalence of stroke was 1.2% in people with COVID-19, compared with only 0.2% in those with influenza, is also concerning1.
    nature.com/articles/s41582-021-00593-7

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID interrupting in-person schooling again

COVID surge leads Burnsville-Eagan-Savage schools to go virtual

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shame on you for pushing this conspiracy theory. Bats fly from Laos to Wuhan on a daily basis. DARPA rejected Eco Health’s dangerous proposal and we know Eco Health wouldn’t go to China for funding and even if they did we know China would never fund it. Cmon man.
    Oh this is huge!
    Its one of hundreds of Coronaviruses
    Its it Covid ? 19 nope, not even close.
    ohhh noes.... 96.8 %

Cuck and Snake Ross share 99% DNA compatibility with Chimps. (as do the rest of us)
    So look for them in a Zoo near you. They will be the ones responsible for throwing their fecal material at you when you stare at them.

fkn dorks...

Snake is making huge lurches at attaining Derpian Status.
    And Cuck Sanity... is what he is.
    Last edited by pgardn; 11-23-2021 at 12:12 PM.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Oh this is huge!
    ohhh noes.... 96.8 %

Cuck and Snake Ross share 99% DNA compatibility with Chimps. (as do the rest of us)
    So look for them in a Zoo near you. They will be the ones responsible for throwing their fecal material at you when you stare at them.

fkn dorks...

https://www.newsweek.com/how-dr-fauc...iments-1652002

For half a year, Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious-disease official, and Kentucky senator and physician Rand Paul have been locked in a battle over whether the National Ins utes of Health funded dangerous "gain of function" research at the Wuhan Ins ute of Virology (WIV) and whether that research could have played a role in the pandemic. Against Senator Paul's aggressive questioning over three separate hearings, Dr. Fauci adamantly denied the charge. "The NIH has not ever and does not now fund gain-of-function research in the Wuhan Ins ute of Virology," he said in their first fracas on May 11, a position he has steadfastly maintained.
    Recently, however, a tranche of do ents surfaced that complicate Dr. Fauci's denials. The do ents, obtained by Freedom of Information Act requests, show that the NIH was funding research at the Wuhan lab that involved manipulating coronaviruses in ways that could have made them more transmissible and deadly to humans—work that arguably fits the definition of gain-of-function. The do ents establish that top NIH officials were concerned that the work may have crossed a line the U.S. government had drawn against funding such risky research. The funding came from the NIH's National Ins ute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), which Dr. Fauci heads.
    The resistance among Dr. Fauci and other NIH officials to be forthcoming with information that could inform the debate over the origins of COVID-19 illustrates the old Watergate-era saw that the coverup is often worse than the crime. There's no evidence that the experiments in question had any direct bearing on the pandemic. In the past, Dr. Fauci has made strong arguments for why this type of research, albeit risky, was necessary to prevent future pandemics, and he could have done so again. But the NIH has dragged its feet over FOIA requests on the matter, handing over do ents only after The Intercept took the agency to court.

The apparent eagerness to conceal the do ents has only raised su ions about the controversial research and put the NIH on the defensive. Fauci told ABC, "neither I nor Dr. Francis Collins, the director of the NIH, lied or misled about what we've done." The episode is a self-inflicted wound that has further eroded trust in the nation's public health officials at a time when that trust is most important.

While Dr. Fauci takes the political heat, the revelations center on another figure in this drama: Peter Daszak, president of the private research firm EcoHealth Alliance, which received the $3 million NIH grant for coronavirus research and subcontracted the gain-of-function experiments to the Wuhan lab. The activities of Daszak and EcoHealth before the pandemic and during it show a startling lack of transparency about their work with coronaviruses and raise questions about what more there may be to learn.
    Under Wraps

From the start, Daszak has worked vigorously to discredit any notion that the pandemic could have been the result of a lab accident. When the media was first grappling with the basics of the situation, Daszak organized a letter in the prestigious medical journal The Lancet from 27 scientists, to "strongly condemn conspiracy theories suggesting that COVID-19 does not have a natural origin," and got himself appointed to the WHO team investigating COVID origins, where he successfully argued that there was no need to look into the WIV's archives.

What Daszak didn't reveal at the time was that the WIV had been using the NIH grant money to genetically engineer dozens of novel coronaviruses discovered in bat samples, and that he knew it was entirely possible that one of those samples had contained SARS-CoV-2 and had infected a researcher, as he conceded to the journal Science in a November 17 interview: "Of course it's possible—things have happened in the past."
    The NIH fought for more than a year to keep details about the EcoHealth grant under wraps. The 528 pages of proposals, conditions, emails, and progress reports revealed that EcoHealth had funded experiments at the WIV that were considerably riskier than the ones previously disclosed.
    The trouble began in May 2016, when EcoHealth informed the NIH that it wanted to conduct a series of new experiments during the third year of its five-year grant. One proposed producing "chimeras" made from one SARS-like virus and the e proteins (which the virus uses to infiltrate animal cells) of others, and testing them in "humanized" mice, which had been genetically engineered to have human-like receptors in their lungs, making them better stand-ins for people. When such novel viruses are created, there is always a risk they will turn out to be dangerous pathogens in their own right.
    Another risky experiment involved the MERS virus. Although MERS is lethal—it kills 35 percent of those who catch it—it's not highly transmissible, which is partly why it has claimed fewer than 900 lives so far. EcoHealth wanted to graft the es of other related coronaviruses onto MERS to see how that changed its abilities.
    Both experiments seemed to cross the gain-of-function line. NIH program officers said as much, sending Daszak a letter asking him to explain why he thought they didn't.
    In his reply, Daszak argued that because the new es being added to the chimeras were more distantly related to SARS and MERS than their original es, he didn't anticipate any enhanced pathogenicity or infectiousness. That was a key distinction that arguably made them exempt from the NIH's prohibition on gain-of-function experiments. But, of course, one never knows; as a precaution, he offered that if any of the chimeric viruses began to grow 10 times better than the natural viruses, which would suggest enhanced fitness, EcoHealth would immediately stop all experiments, inform the NIH program officers, and together they'd figure out what to do next.

The NIH accepted Daszak's terms, inserting his suggestions into the grant conditions. Scientists at WIV conducted the experiments in 2018. To their surprise, the SARS-like chimeras quickly grew 10,000 times better than the natural virus, flourishing in the lab's humanized mice and making them sicker than the original. They had the hallmarks of very dangerous pathogens.
    WIV and EcoHealth did not stop the experiment as required. Nor did they let the NIH know what was going on. The results were buried in figure 35 of EcoHealth's year-four progress report, delivered in April 2018.
    Did the NIH call Peter Daszak in to explain himself? It did not. There are no signs in the released do ents that the NIH even noticed the alarming results. In fact, NIH signaled its enthusiasm for the project by granting EcoHealth a $7.5 million, five-year renewal in 2019. (The Trump administration suspended the grant in 2020, when EcoHealth's relationship with the WIV came under scrutiny.)

In a letter to Congress on October 20, the NIH's Principal Deputy Director, Lawrence Tabak, acknowledged the screwup, but he placed the blame on EcoHealth's door, citing its duty to immediately report the enhanced growth that had occurred: "EcoHealth failed to report this finding right away, as was required by the terms of the grant." In a follow-up interview with the Washington Post, NIH Director Francis Collins was more blunt: "They messed up here. There's going to be some consequences for EcoHealth." So far, the NIH has not elaborated on what those consequences might be.
    As damning as the NIH grant do ents are, they pale in comparison to another EcoHealth grant proposal leaked to the online investigative group DRASTIC in September. In that 2018 proposal to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, a Pentagon research arm, EcoHealth sketched an elaborate plan to discover what it would take to turn a garden-variety coronavirus into a pandemic pathogen. They proposed widely sampling Chinese bats in search of new SARS-related viruses, grafting the e proteins from those viruses onto other viruses they had in the lab to create a suite of chimeras, then, through genetic engineering, introducing mutations into those chimeras and testing them in humanized mice.
    One piece of the proposal was especially Strangelovian. For years, scientists had known that adding a special type of "cleavage site" to the e could supercharge a virus's transmissibility. Although many viruses in nature have such sites, neither SARS nor any of its cousins do. EcoHealth proposed incorporating human-optimized cleavage sites into the SARS-like viruses it discovered and testing their infectiousness. Such a cleavage site, of course, is exactly what makes SARS-CoV-2 wildly more infectious than its kin. That detail was the reason some scientists initially suspected SARS-CoV-2 might have been engineered in a lab. And while there's no proof that EcoHealth or the WIV ever actively experimented with cleavage sites—EcoHealth says that "the research was never conducted"—the proposal makes it clear that they were considering taking that step as early as 2018.

DARPA rejected the proposal, listing among its shortcomings the failures to address the risks of gain-of-function research and the lack of discussion of ethical, legal, and social issues. It was a levelheaded assessment. What's remarkable is that much of the same work that crossed a line for the Department of Defense was embraced by the National Ins utes of Health.
    Crisis Management Mode

The NIH and EcoHealth have asserted that none of the engineered viruses created with the NIH grant could have become SARS-CoV-2. On that, everyone agrees—the viruses are too distantly related. But the detailed recipe in the DARPA application is a blueprint for doing just that with a more closely related virus.

In September, scientists from France's Pasteur Ins ute announced the discovery of just such a virus—SARS-CoV-2's closest known relative—in a bat cave in Laos. Although still too distant from SARS-CoV-2 to have been the direct progenitor, and lacking the all-important cleavage site, it was a kissing cousin.
    The discovery was hailed by some scientists as evidence that SARS-CoV-2 must have had a natural origin. But the plot turned in November, when another trove of NIH do ents—released in response to a FOIA request by the White Coat Waste Project—brought the evidence trail right to EcoHealth's doorstep.
    In 2017, EcoHealth had informed the NIH that it would be shifting its focus to Laos and other countries in Southeast Asia, where the wildlife trade was more active, relying on local partner organizations to do the sample collecting and to send the samples to the WIV for their ongoing work. EcoHealth told Newsweek that it did not directly undertake or fund any of the sampling in Laos. "Any samples or results from Laos are based on WIV's work, funded through other mechanisms," says a company spokesman.

Regardless of who paid for the collecting portion of the project, it's clear that for years, a large number of bat samples from the region that harbors viruses similar to SARS-CoV-2 were sent to the WIV. In other words, EcoHealth's team was in the right place at the right time to have found things very close to SARS-CoV-2 and to have sent them to Wuhan. Because there's a lag of several years between when samples are collected and when experiments involving those viruses are published, the most recent papers from EcoHealth and the WIV date to 2015. The iden y of the viruses found between 2016 and 2019 are known only to the two organizations, neither of which has been willing to share that information with the world.
    A lack of evidence proves nothing, but neither does it put EcoHealth's or the WIV's actions in the early days of the pandemic in a good light. Why choose not to share valuable information on SARS-like coronaviruses with the world? Why not explain your projects and proposals and give scientists access to the unpublished virus sequences in your databases?
    For whatever reason, they chose crisis-management mode instead. The WIV went into lockdown. Databases were taken offline. Daszak launched his preemptive campaign to prevent anyone from looking behind the curtain. And EcoHealth and the NIH tried hard to keep the details of their collaboration private.

Congressional inquiries focusing on Dr. Fauci and the NIH's decisions to fund unnecessarily risky research by a lab in Wuhan are probably forthcoming if, as appears increasingly likely, Republicans take control of Congress after the 2022 midterms. While it's important to understand how the NIH came to use such poor judgment in its dealings with EcoHealth Alliance, that won't tell us much about the WIV's research in the months leading up to the pandemic, especially since China is not likely to open its books. Answers are more likely to lie in the records of EcoHealth Alliance. Republicans and Democrats alike should be eager to find them.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Oh this is huge!
    ohhh noes.... 96.8 %

fkn dorks...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna read that wall of text now.

But I can tell you right now it has nothing to do with finding a Corona virus, not of the Covid 19 type. 96.8% the same, oh my!
    Which is what the article that you crowed " shame on you pushing a conspiracy theory"
    You just dont understand this stuff. AT ALL.

But I will bet you right now, it was not research that produced the virus that has caused the pandemic.
    YOU leave the board forever. or I will . no alts. And God knows you are a man of your word.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and Cuck...

Are you a chimp?

Thread Information