My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^Still angry of a New Year's Eve.

WTF????

Anyone want to translate what this idiot said?

Before the little cupcake starts again with the “You do not troll me, I troll you” to deflect from his low iq ups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF????

Anyone want to translate what this idiot said?

Before the little cupcake starts again with the “You do not troll me, I troll you” to deflect from his low iq ups.
    Dialect. Reading too much Cormac McCarthy maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting essay about the bias against airborne transmission that seems to have infected science.

"Miasma"

https://theair.substack.com/p/why-co...rborne-history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Resonates ironically now.

Reading his work with the knowledge we have now, it’s puzzling that it took so long for people to listen to him. Snow’s career would be defined by trying, but mostly failing to convince others to change their minds about miasma and cholera.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have observed the many parallels between the cholera and covid pandemics, and we observe another here.

Before cholera we thought that some corruption of the air itself spread disease. Obviously, the miasmatists were wrong. There is in fact no such thing as miasma. It was germs…like Chapin said, passed from one person to another all along. And while these germs can spread in a variety of ways - most diseases are probably multi-modal - it’s clear that the medical literature developed a blind spot to the extent of airborne transmission.

And now we are learning that other diseases we have thought to be spread via “droplets” and fomites almost certainly spread primarily via aerosols. Indeed a recent paper in Science says “there is robust evidence supporting the airborne transmission of many respiratory viruses, including severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV), Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS)–CoV, influenza virus, human rhinovirus, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).”

Given the history of airborne spread that public health officials know well, it seems as though the notion of airborne spread has been characterized negatively because it had already been discarded. As we emerged from the era of folk science, “society neglected and forgot aerial health practices when germ theory promised better disease control,” writes Dr. Melanie Kiechle, a historian at Virginia Tech.

The literature is right about contact with germs, but thanks to the urgency of this pandemic we have come to understand that germs themselves can travel readily through the air in ways we thought they generally didn’t. This is a really big deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn all my FL household has it now nigs.

Most likely everyone in florida has it by now.

Mild symptoms for everyone except my gf who has bad throat and little 2 year old niece has symptoms of bad cold.

So far so good....

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn all my FL household has it now nigs.

Most likely everyone in florida has it by now.

Mild symptoms for everyone except my gf who has bad throat and little 2 year old niece has symptoms of bad cold.

So far so good....
    It's annoying as out here because that really sore throat is a symptom of cedar pollen allergies too. So like half of San Antonio is asking COVID or cedar pollen right now because the pollen is through the ing roof (and it's the only pollen that bothers me). My throat feels like I have been gargling razor blades, but I don't think it's COVID because I got negative PCR tests two weeks in a row after a few close contacts tested positive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's annoying as out here because that really sore throat is a symptom of cedar pollen allergies too. So like half of San Antonio is asking COVID or cedar pollen right now because the pollen is through the ing roof (and it's the only pollen that bothers me). My throat feels like I have been gargling razor blades, but I don't think it's COVID because I got negative PCR tests two weeks in a row after a few close contacts tested positive.
    2 weeks? Well my gf did a rapid test on 30 and was negative. Then yesterdar positive.

Also we qll got it through the 2 year old niece. Ppl that have small children are basically all got it imo

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 weeks? Well my gf did a rapid test on 30 and was negative. Then yesterdar positive.

Also we qll got it through the 2 year old niece. Ppl that have small children are basically all got it imo
    I did PCR because they're supposed to be way more likely to pick up asymptomatic infections and I haven't gotten this sore throat until the last couple of days. My last PCR test was 10 days after hanging out with people who turned up COVID+ so that should cover incubation time I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did PCR because they're supposed to be way more likely to pick up asymptomatic infections and I haven't gotten this sore throat until the last couple of days. My last PCR test was 10 days after hanging out with people who turned up COVID+ so that should cover incubation time I think.
    This omicron is fast as tbqh

Forget 10 days or a week. You start getting symptoms 2 or 3 days after infection.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC out of staffed ICU beds

https://okcfox.com/news/local/its-a-dire-situation-zero-icu-beds-available-across-the-okc-metro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NJ's largest hospital system is gearing up for crisis standards of care

"If you look at what the (health) commissioner and governor are positing relative to their COVID models, sometime in the middle of January we’re likely to see the same level of hospitalization we were seeing back in March, April of 2020," Dr. Daniel Varga, the chief physician executive of Hackensack Meridian Health, told News 4.

HMH has 17 hospitals statewide and thousands of beds, but as more patients come in -- and more staffers get sick too -- the pressure on the system will rise. Crisis planning is underway at the hospital system, as healthcare providers are now preparing to strike elective surgeries as early as mid-January, according to state modeling that Varga has seen.

"We’re already teeing up our process for how we will manage when we have to go to crisis standards of care, because I just think it's going to get there," Varga said.
    https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coro...n/3473230/?amp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This omicron is fast as tbqh

Forget 10 days or a week. You start getting symptoms 2 or 3 days after infection.
    Im sure pandemic is over for a large %. Including me.

Pandemic is over for me. Cheers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol also hater:

Fauci is a flip flopper!
    Biden is a flip flopper!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fauci is a flip flopper!
    Biden is a flip flopper!
    Agreed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might flip flop on that too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You might flip flop on that too
    Disagreed

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Q&A...

Q: but should we send our children back to school after the Holidays?

A: absolutely. it's okay to send your children back to school. This is not March of '20 (wink & nod).

Q: okay, I will send all my children back to school. This is not March of '20 (wink & nod).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Q&A...

Q: but should we send our children back to school after the Holidays?

A: absolutely. it's okay to send your children back to school. This is not March of '20 (wink & nod).

Q: okay, I will send all my children back to school. This is not March of '20 (wink & nod).
    Did you get a bigger abacus?

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released new estimates on coronavirus cases Wednesday (December 29), which predict more than 44,000 Americans could die from the virus during the next month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    JP Morgan-Chase and Citigroup not ing around

Two of America's biggest banks return to remote work to start 2022

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Israel reports first case of 'florona' disease
    https://www.geo.tv/latest/390999-isr...-florona-virus

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar