Page 277 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1772272672732742752762772782792802812873273777771277 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    detroit could become US ground zero in 2 weeks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then it's up to us to do things and not worry about China.

americans always like to blame someone else when we should have been more prepared and should face the storm head on

not sure why so many americans like to and moan

its pityful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rural America is definitely going to be impacted less. The amount of people you can infect in NYC is just way more than in the middle of Nebraska. That being, said, rural america is older and has far less hospital capacity and will feel plenty of pain from this going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course, but after this is over/subsidies, I don't want the discussion of how unprepared/complacent we were to deflect from the fact whose primary fault it is. It's like if someone robbed your house and you beat yourself up for not owning a gun while not casting blame/anger at the actual responsible party: the piece of who robbed your house. I'm not saying you're thinking like this, but I'm seeing a lot of "leave China alone!" making the rounds in comment sections and the like (probably their propaganda troll army putting in work). And mainstream Western media has been limp ed in this regard, Fox News aside (who will be right for once).
    I don't think we should leave them alone or blameless, there's just a time and a place for it. You said it yourself with your thread about what to do with them AFTER the pandemic is over.

I also don't think it's fair to just use them as a scapegoat for clear structural and leadership problems we had handling this pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then it's up to us to do things and not worry about China.
    Let's hope we can do it. But do we have the willpower to take the convenience hit for a while until we rebuild manufacturing? Will people have the discipline to mass boycott made in China products (I know it's unrealistic to boycott ALL Chinese made goods, but people refusing to buy the new iPhone or some other non-essential electronic gizmo every 6 months will sting)? Will we call on our government and corporations to actually bring manufacturing home and not just pay lip service to it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PR move. And they're charging for them. Not giving them to afflicted countries out of the goodness of their hearts.
    Sure, but we were discussing ramping up and down production, and how they can ramp up much quicker than we (or any other country really) can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rural America is definitely going to be impacted less. The amount of people you can infect in NYC is just way more than in the middle of Nebraska. That being, said, rural america is older and has far less hospital capacity and will feel plenty of pain from this going forward.
    Yeah, I agree with the later part of your statement. It might be less infected, but you could have much better odds of collapse there, and thus more deaths.

The ideal scenario is cities like NY are over the problem by the time it hits some rural towns and resources can be shifted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we should leave them alone or blameless, there's just a time and a place for it. You said it yourself with your thread about what to do with them AFTER the pandemic is over.

I also don't think it's fair to just use them as a scapegoat for clear structural and leadership problems we had handling this pandemic.
    A scapegoat is someone who isn't really to blame but is created (usually by a twisting of the facts) in order for people to have something to blame because it makes them feel better. China is 100 percent to blame. Again, I would not "blame you" for not owning a gun if a thief came and robbed you. I would blame the thief.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's hope we can do it. But do we have the willpower to take the convenience hit for a while until we rebuild manufacturing? Will people have the discipline to mass boycott made in China products (I know it's unrealistic to boycott ALL Chinese made goods, but people refusing to buy the new iPhone or some other non-essential electronic gizmo every 6 months will sting)? Will we call on our government and corporations to actually bring manufacturing home and not just pay lip service to it?
    To what end? Put pressure on China to do things it won't do anyway?

Seems like we're just looping back around for the most part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but we were discussing ramping up and down production, and how they can ramp up much quicker than we (or any other country really) can.
    Because we no longer have a manufacturing base here. Maybe this will wake us up and we'll just have to deal with paying a little bit more for stuff.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    España getting kicked while down.

Reported an additional 100 deaths on top of the 800 they dumped this morning.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    The coronavirus is starting to hit rural America hard—here’s a map of the counties most affected
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/29/coro...-pandemic.html

[shrugs]

Sure about that?
    Counties highlighted in your article

Gunnison County, Colorado Hillary +19

Summit County, Utah Hillary +15

Blaine County. Idaho Hillary +29

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To what end? Put pressure on China to do things it won't do anyway?

Seems like we're just looping back around for the most part.
    To not be reliant on them. The ultimatum is either: Reform your government and we'll keep on as business as usual. Or American (and European) corporations will shutter all those factories and move them domestic or to other developing countries that are growing their manufacturing base (China isn't the only player in the manufacturing game anymore).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A scapegoat is someone who isn't really to blame but is created (usually by a twisting of the facts) in order for people to have something to blame because it makes them feel better. China is 100 percent to blame. Again, I would not "blame you" for not owning a gun if a thief came and robbed you. I would blame the thief.
    I didn't say China is blameless, and even if we were to agree that it's 90% their fault our response was botched, you have to look at the other 10% and assume your responsibility.

We were not ready. Our healthcare stockpiles, state and federal, were depleted. We lacked leadership at a time of crisis. The CDC and FDA were slow to react. Leadership didn't take this seriously enough until it was too late.Our healthcare system continues to debate between money and lives, even during a pandemic.

All those things you can't put on the Chinese, they're introspection issues that we have to address ourselves. Not now, after the show is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody is boycotting nig

we probably gonna order more from china now

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    No, actually i am not giddy at the thought of anyone dying. It is a tragedy. Yet another TSA lie.

I am not, however, going to waste too much emotional energy mourning for people whose cultish devotion to their information bubble put themselves and others at risk.

Also noticed your qualification. "republican here" wonder how hard I would have to look to find such sentiment? Guessing not very hard.

Democratic NYC is being hit first, and I would be willing to bet that since the Trump Death Cult is convinced that sacrificing nana to the stock market is the way to keep themselves in power, that will change over time.

Keep things open longer, don't take as many precautions, open up sooner after lockdowns, are all policies now favored by the Trump Death Cult, and each of those preferred policies will cause more spreading, and you know it.
    So then you won’t be wasting too much emotional energy mourning for the people of NYC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we no longer have a manufacturing base here. Maybe this will wake us up and we'll just have to deal with paying a little bit more for stuff.
    The problem is that it's not a little more. It's a lot more for products that take way longer to get to market. GE is now saying 1000 ventilators by the end of April. And they do want top dollar.

We simply can't put people to work here on 12 hour shifts, we really can't compete. Companies will shift to Vietnam or Honduras or 100 other countries before here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The coronavirus is starting to hit rural America hard—here’s a map of the counties most affected
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/29/coro...-pandemic.html

[shrugs]

Sure about that?
    How is Las Vegas so low

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Las Vegas so low
    Maybe hookers and blow are an antidote? Would explain why POTUS didn't get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other diseases attacking the covid sounds just as plausible as anything else at this point

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    koriwhat loading up another pipe in celebration of this discovery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't say China is blameless, and even if we were to agree that it's 90% their fault our response was botched, you have to look at the other 10% and assume your responsibility.

We were not ready. Our healthcare stockpiles, state and federal, were depleted. We lacked leadership at a time of crisis. The CDC and FDA were slow to react. Leadership didn't take this seriously enough until it was too late.Our healthcare system continues to debate between money and lives, even during a pandemic.

All those things you can't put on the Chinese, they're introspection issues that we have to address ourselves. Not now, after the show is over.
    And I've said many times I hope this results in us building a healthcare and pandemic response infrastructure to ensure this never happens again. But my gripe is the "Blame Trump" (and I do blame him for his botches) mentality is taking away attention from the actual culprit. And I fear the Western MSM will be so frothing at the mouth to blame Trump when this starts to settle down, China will emerge from this with their image unscathed, at least among the left. Vox leans Left, and has been taking aim at China's underhandedness, so there's hope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I've said many times I hope this results in us building a healthcare and pandemic response infrastructure to ensure this never happens again. But my gripe is the "Blame Trump" (and I do blame him for his botches) mentality is taking away attention from the actual culprit. And I fear the Western MSM will be so frothing at the mouth to blame Trump when this starts to settle down, China will emerge from this with their image unscathed, at least among the left. Vox leans Left, and has been taking aim at China's underhandedness, so there's hope.
    I think it's fair to say China has the bulk of the blame, I just don't want Cuomo to point to them because he didn't kept his stockpile of ventilators up to date. Same for California. Same for the federal government.

Some of those people might still come on the positive side of the balance when all of this is said and done, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't learn from this, and, as you said, be more prepared.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Las Vegas so low
    lack of tests, even reporting of test results, means that graph is at best just a guess.

Thread Information