Page 771 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2716717217617677687697707717727737747757818218711271 ... LastLast
Results 19,251 to 19,275 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Florida won't become the UK. We know that. Places like NY, UK, and dense population centers with mass transit and people packed into apartment buildings are where the disease thrives. But RandomGuy's point was correct. Florida was inevitable. They'll probably wind up around 500ish deaths per million after this wave, which places them in Italy territory.
    Eyup. Something I also pointed out (Florida's age demographic).

It boggles the mind that TSA thinks that somehow reality will bend to the will of the administration. Highly communicable diseases somehow won't spread, people won't get sick and die, etc, simply because it is inconvenient for Trump's ego and fragile self-esteem.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House: Science shouldn't 'stand in the way' of school openings

You have your marching orders now, bootlick. Trying to convince people with science is passe, so you can stop trying to post studies about how safe children 10 and under are, while ignoring the risks to teenagers.
    Lol meltdown name calling and unable to use science or math

Ifr of 40 and younger less than flu.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eyup. Something I also pointed out (Florida's age demographic).

It boggles the mind that TSA thinks that somehow reality will bend to the will of the administration. Highly communicable diseases somehow won't spread, people won't get sick and die, etc, simply because it is inconvenient for Trump's ego and fragile self-esteem.
    How come your wife doesn't want to sacrifice herself for Trump's re-election campaign?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Dude, you need to start a goal post moving company. Hire some guys. Put that expertise to work.

Got any other new excuses?
    UK deaths/100K pop 68
    Florida deaths/100k pop 20

muh tests

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    White House: Science shouldn't 'stand in the way' of school openings

You have your marching orders now, bootlick. Trying to convince people with science is passe, so you can stop trying to post studies about how safe children 10 and under are, while ignoring the risks to teenagers.
    The irony of accusing me of having marching orders when you got your marching orders and ran straight here with your fake news

“The science should not stand in the way of this, And as Dr. Scott Atlas said — I thought this was a good quote — ‘Of course we can do it. Everyone else in the Western world, our peer nations, are doing it. We are the outlier here.’ The science is very clear on this — that, you know, for instance, you look at the [Journal of the American Medical Association's] pediatric study of 46 pediatric hospitals in North America that said the risk of critical illness from COVID is far less for children than that of seasonal flu. The science is on our side here. We encourage for localities and states to just simply follow the science. Open our schools.”

bootlicking mother er

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The amount of new pop up testing in current hot states. Get ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol meltdown name calling and unable to use science or math

Ifr of 40 and younger less than flu.
    Show your math

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You cant figure out ifr. Lolooollol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The irony of accusing me of having marching orders when you got your marching orders and ran straight here with your fake news

“The science should not stand in the way of this, And as Dr. Scott Atlas said — I thought this was a good quote — ‘Of course we can do it. Everyone else in the Western world, our peer nations, are doing it. We are the outlier here.’ The science is very clear on this — that, you know, for instance, you look at the [Journal of the American Medical Association's] pediatric study of 46 pediatric hospitals in North America that said the risk of critical illness from COVID is far less for children than that of seasonal flu. The science is on our side here. We encourage for localities and states to just simply follow the science. Open our schools.”

bootlicking mother er
    Has Mexico, India, and Brazil opened schools yet?

(I'm implying at calling developed European countries our "peer nations." We're downgraded).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NEW YORK — The city will offer child care for 100,000 kids who will be unable to attend school full time in the fall, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Thursday

“So many parents have also said they can’t make it work if they don’t get more child care,” de Blasio said. “We’ve been trying to find every way to create new child care — and to build it from scratch, honestly, because we’re having to create something that didn’t exist before on this scale.”

City officials are currently scouring for space that will include community centers and libraries converted into child care centers. Private landlords are also encouraged to pitch their space to the city for either school or child care.

“We’ve got a little under two months until school begins. We’ve got a lot to do, and nothing like this has ever been attempted on this timeframe,” de Blasio said. “But we’re going to find a way to do this, and hopefully much more.
    The child care programs will be capped at fifteen students per room, in line with state social distancing rules, said city budget director Melanie Hartzog.

The programs will supervise children while they participate in online learning, and offer arts and recreation activities and possibly local field trips.

The city will provide money to pay for masks and other personal protective equipment. Once they hit 100,000 seats, they hope to expand the program.

“Our teams are on the ground dealing with not-for profits, libraries, business communities, business groups, individuals. We are everywhere throughout the city, and we will find space,” said Lorraine Grillo, head of the School Construction Authority. “We’re concentrating in all five boroughs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NEW YORK — The city will offer child care for 100,000 kids who will be unable to attend school full time in the fall, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Thursday

“So many parents have also said they can’t make it work if they don’t get more child care,” de Blasio said. “We’ve been trying to find every way to create new child care — and to build it from scratch, honestly, because we’re having to create something that didn’t exist before on this scale.”

City officials are currently scouring for space that will include community centers and libraries converted into child care centers. Private landlords are also encouraged to pitch their space to the city for either school or child care.

“We’ve got a little under two months until school begins. We’ve got a lot to do, and nothing like this has ever been attempted on this timeframe,” de Blasio said. “But we’re going to find a way to do this, and hopefully much more.
    The child care programs will be capped at fifteen students per room, in line with state social distancing rules, said city budget director Melanie Hartzog.

The programs will supervise children while they participate in online learning, and offer arts and recreation activities and possibly local field trips.

The city will provide money to pay for masks and other personal protective equipment. Once they hit 100,000 seats, they hope to expand the program.

“Our teams are on the ground dealing with not-for profits, libraries, business communities, business groups, individuals. We are everywhere throughout the city, and we will find space,” said Lorraine Grillo, head of the School Construction Authority. “We’re concentrating in all five boroughs
    Lolololol you cant make this up. We want to keep you socially distant at school then we will mix you with other random people then send you back to school.

But shut down bars.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Days after hospitals were told to stop sending information to CDC, all the fears appear justified

that information fed dashboards at the CDC, which provided information not just on the number of confirmed cases and deaths, but on the rates of hospitalization and number of available beds.

On Thursday morning, that site temporarily vanished.

Then it returned, featuring data from … last week.

The change in where and how hospitals report data, backed up by Donald

Trump threatening to sending the National Guard in to make them “do it right,”

means that the CDC is now bypassed.

what’s coming out is significantly less information.

Just a couple of days into the new program, experts at both the state and national level are finding that

the change is doing exactly what many feared—making it more difficult to track the threat of COVID-19.

the switchover had an immediate effect on the ability of state officials to see what was going on in their own states,

with the spokesperson for the Idaho Department of Health reporting “significant challenges” in their ability to monitor the number of hospitalizations.

It’s all going into HHS, directly from individual hospitals, and

what comes out the other side is only what the White House chooses to make available.

the alternative system, which is managed by private healthcare firm TeleTracking, is already resulting in

delays and a lack of information that state officials called stunning and disappointing.

anyone who wants to research, provide projections of trends, or double-check information coming from leadership at the state or federal level.

It also means that

thousands of city and county health officials have lost their direct access to their own local data.

the data that’s required suddenly unavailable.

It’s sudden and complete inaccess to the core information needed to show what tactics are working and how healthcare systems are to being overwhelmed.

it’s supposed to allow the White House better visibility to the information,

but the cost appears to be that
    everyone else has been shut out,
    health experts feared that

COVID-19 data will be easily politicized,

or withheld from the public,

in a system where everything is invisible

until the White House makes it visible.

Those fears appear to be well grounded. And Trump hasn’t even sent in the National Guard. Yet.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...tail=emaildkre

========================

White House instructing governors to send National Guard to hospitals to oversee data on COVID-19

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...ta-on-COVID-19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lolololol you cant make this up. We want to keep you socially distant at school then we will mix you with other random people then send you back to school.

But shut down bars.
    You're really good at making up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has Mexico, India, and Brazil opened schools yet?

(I'm implying at calling developed European countries our "peer nations." We're downgraded).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ny says its too dangerous to send kids to school every day because the social distancing. So they will mix the kids up and put them with different kids for half the week in a different building because its safe. For 8 hours. For 100k kids.

After the states shut down daycares and forced businesses to close states will now help open new day cares....

Meanwhile

It's not okay for 20 people in a bar or a church for 1 hr.

Because...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ny says its too dangerous to send kids to school every day because the social distancing. So they will mix the kids up and put them with different kids for half the week in a different building because its safe. For 8 hours. For 100k kids.

After the states shut down daycares and forced businesses to close states will now help open new day cares....

Meanwhile

Because...
    Blake science

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Meanwhile

Because...
    So instead of going to 1 school kids will mix with different kids and go to 2 schools.

Great idea

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For those who care or are interested - 6 of the residents who tested positive are now dead, and 3 more are on ho e. I was hopeful the virus has mutated, but I’m not convinced anymore.

None of the other senior care centers we own have had any COVID, but once COVID gets inside an assisted living facility or nursing home, it spreads like wildfire and there’s only so much that can be done to stop it.
    Damn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Meanwhile

Because...
    I'm not good with schools opening up at all but at the very least we can call education an essential function.

I guess tholderp needs his bar followed by church service.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not good with schools opening up at all but at the very least we can call education an essential function.
    Why is it essential?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I guess tholderp needs his bar followed by church service.
    So covid doesnt spread in an essential function now?

And if it were essential why did ny close school?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is it essential?
    School is where you learn how to read simple graphs

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will you die if you can't read a graph?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So covid doesnt spread in an essential function now?

And if it were essential why did ny close school?
    You're ridiculously stupid.

Go back to your lols.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you will be glad to get back to learn

Thread Information