my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good old days when vaccines were perfect.....

Vaccines perfect... fkn .

Vaccines will be perfect when every individual has a perfect immune system.
    Good lord... hater always forgets the individual's own immune system in the equation.

"These vaccines should prevent jellyfish from getting the virus thank God" Its this silly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hater and other anti vaxxers always forget that some people CANNOT get vaccinated.
    Even though they wish they could.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vaccines perfect... fkn .

Vaccines will be perfect when every individual has a perfect immune system.
    Good lord... hater always forgets the individual's own immune system in the equation.

"These vaccines should prevent jellyfish from getting the virus thank God" Its this silly.
    Dumb take

Polio vax is perfect. So many others. Good old days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb take

No its not.
    Absolutely incorrect.
    You still fail to see the real threat of this particular virus. It infects and replicates in almost everyone. It tests the immune system of huge numbers of people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb take

4 doses and not 100% effective!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumb take

Perfect in what sense? The rate of adverse reactions from it are no different than COVID vaccines, they also had their own incidents with contaminated batches...

The efficiency is better, but we're looking at a completely different virus with much less possibility of spreading as it's not airborne.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ‘Leaky’ Vaccines Can Produce Stronger Versions of Viruses
    Written by Roberta Alexander — Updated on April 5, 2019
    By studying chickens, researchers say they have proven the theory that more virulent viruses can evolve from so-called “leaky” vaccines.

https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...viruses-072715

According to a new study published today in the scientific journal PLOS Biology, some types of vaccines could allow more virulent versions of a virus to survive, putting those who are unvaccinated at greater risk of severe illness.

To understand this, it’s necessary to examine the difference between “perfect” vaccines and “leaky” ones.

Perfect vaccines are so-named because they mimic the perfect immunity that humans naturally develop after having certain childhood disease.

“When a vaccine works perfectly, as do the childhood vaccines for smallpox, polio, mumps, rubella and measles, it prevents vaccinated individuals from being sickened by the disease, and it also prevents them from transmitting the virus to others,” said Andrew Read, an author of the study and an Evan Pugh professor of biology and entomology and Eberly professor in biotechnology at Penn State University.

After experiments done in a specialized pathogen-containment facility at The Pirbright Ins ute in the United Kingdom, the researchers concluded that the vaccines developed to combat Marek’s disease were imperfect or leaky.

“These vaccines also allow the virulent virus to continue evolving precisely because they allow the vaccinated individuals, and therefore themselves, to survive,” said Venugopal Nair, who led the research team. He is the head of the Avian Viral Diseases program at The Pirbright Ins ute.

These less-than-perfect vaccines create a “leaky” barrier against the virus. Vaccinated individuals may get sick but have less severe symptoms, but the virus survives long enough to transmit to others, which allows it to survive and spread throughout a population.

“Our research demonstrates that the use of leaky vaccines can promote the evolution of nastier ‘hot’ viral strains that put unvaccinated individuals at greater risk,” Nair said.
    Miss those days

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect in what sense? The rate of adverse reactions from it are no different than COVID vaccines, they also had their own incidents with contaminated batches...

The efficiency is better, but we're looking at a completely different virus with much less possibility of spreading as it's not airborne.
    Just posted it ma nig

To understand this, it’s necessary to examine the difference between “perfect” vaccines and “leaky” ones.

Perfect vaccines are so-named because they mimic the perfect immunity that humans naturally develop after having certain childhood disease.

“When a vaccine works perfectly, as do the childhood vaccines for smallpox, polio, mumps, rubella and measles, it prevents vaccinated individuals from being sickened by the disease, and it also prevents them from transmitting the virus to others,” said Andrew Read, an author of the study and an Evan Pugh professor of biology and entomology and Eberly professor in biotechnology at Penn State University.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just posted it ma nig

According to every virologist, immunologist, vaccinologist that I've listened to for the past year and a half, none of those vaccines prevent infection or completely prevent transmission. But that dude studies bugs so maybe he's the one that is right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just posted it ma nig

That just really isn't true. Yes, they're very close to 'perfect', but they're not 100%... ie:

Even the measles vaccine, which is incredibly effective, fails to protect about 3 percent of vaccinated individuals who are exposed to the virus. Jonas Salk's polio vaccine—hailed a medical miracle—was 80 percent to 90 percent effective at preventing paralysis caused by the polio virus. Breakthrough infections of flu are even more common. While the exact effectiveness of the flu vaccine fluctuates year-to-year, it ranges between 40 percent and 60 percent.

Measles and polio breakthrough infections aren't just rare because the vaccines are so effective but also because those who are vaccinated rarely interact with infected people. Even with highly effective vaccines for Covid-19, breakthrough infections are likely to keep happening because the virus is so widespread.

Article here: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scien...ons-180978408/

The article has links to the studies backing that up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That just really isn't true.
    ok nig

I just posted the quote from a famous science proffessor. Im not gonna get in between your musings and his scientific positions on perfect vaccines
    Last edited by hater; 09-15-2021 at 08:15 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to every virologist, immunologist, vaccinologist that I've listened to for the past year and a half, none of those vaccines prevent infection or completely prevent transmission. But that dude studies bugs so maybe he's the one that is right.
    Seems this guy is legit. And apparently Rogan used his 2015 study on chicke s to spread some vaccine phobia and it was a big deal.

Heres his response:

He doubles down on his research and says yes this is a possibility that a leaky vaccine like covid will help worse mutations dominate.

But he is much pro vaccine qnd is pissed at Rogan using his paper for vaccine fear momgering. As in the end he says the vaccines are saving lives and that the important.

He says if the chicken scenario happens with covid the vaccines can always be improved in about 10 years and we n3ed to make sure to vaccinate EVERYONE . Good luck w that

Thats the main issue I have w him now. This is not Polio. Polio had 20% or more deathrate in adults. Also Polio is not going to be endemic like Covid seems to be. And also, we are humans not chickens we cant force vacvinate EVERYONE in the planet and if need8ng yearly boosters we cant achieve that on all planet population.

Seems to me if the chicken scenario plays out with Covid and the vaccines. We are in for a world of hurt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ chicken little doomsayer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ chicken little doomsayer
    Says d pussy that wants schools shutdown nationwide

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ok nig

I just posted the quote from a famous science proffessor. Im not gonna get in between your musings and his scientific positions on perfect vaccines
    ok

I posted an article with links refuting the "famous science proffessor"...

I'm not going to get between you and your fantasy though...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says d pussy that wants schools shutdown nationwide
    Nope, I think the decision making should be local -- since August ~1000 schools have decided to shutdown temporarily because of COVID outbreaks. Pandemic conditions vary from place to place, so it makes sense that's where the discretion should lie.

COVID closing down schools for us -- which is where i think we're headed, I mean, we're kind of there right now -- might be avoidable if we mandate masking and do common sense things like social distancing, rapid testing, contact tracing, quarantine, better ventilation and dining al fresco.

There's no need to shut down schools, but we need to protect kids better.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 09-15-2021 at 10:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OTOH, you've come right out and said Joe Biden should lockdown like we did in April of last year to save lives, and that all the COVID deaths since Jan 21st are on his head because he didn't protect us.

Same old two-faced hater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope, I think the decision making should be local -- since August ~1000 schools have decided to shutdown temporarily because of COVID outbreaks. Pandemic conditions vary from place to place, so it makes sense that's where the discretion should lie.

COVID closing down schools for us -- which is where i think we're headed, I mean, we're kind of there right now -- might be avoidable if we mandate masking and do common sense things like social distancing, rapid testing, contact tracing, quarantine, better ventilation and dining al fresco.

There's no need to shut down schools, but we need to protect kids better.
    Chicken little

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    forced hilarity might not be the winning move you think it is.

what a spaz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    forced hilarity might not be the winning move you think it is.

what a spaz.
    Neither is forced virtue signaling, nancy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol grudgeposting

pobrecito hater

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither is forced virtue signaling, nancy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The sheepdog leftists are outraged. She simply posted a video of Tucker Carlson that she agreed with and sheepdog Hasan tries to scare her and her followers away from sources not preaching cult doctrine.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

The sheepdog leftists are outraged. She simply posted a video of Tucker Carlson that she agreed with and sheepdog Hasan tries to scare her and her followers away from sources not preaching cult doctrine.
    I think you missed it, she posted a video by Tucker Carlson, who preaches nothing but cult doctrine.

Honest mistake.

Thread Information