Page 175 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 751251651711721731741751761771781791852252756751175 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor people suffer and die many years earlier, for lack of health care, than rich people,

but that's OK with socio/economic Darwinian Capitalists (I kill you with poverty because I "fitter") and

evangelicals (you are are poor because you're a bad person so God had denied you prosperity)
    you were much more cool an hour ago when you were posting open source diy projects but now you're back to being a dunce.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's going to be a sad day when potential doctors decide not to enter the field because dip s deem their edu and experience as a human right. i wouldn't enter a field where a bunch of fringe re s are screaming for my services at 0 cost to them.
    Nothing sad about it, tbh... you'll have people that want to be doctors primarily to help others and advance the sciences, not primarily about making a buck.

I have bigger issues with middlemen than doctors though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing sad about it, tbh... you'll have people that want to be doctors primarily to help others and advance the sciences, not primarily about making a buck.

I have bigger issues with middlemen than doctors though.
    you mean like teachers? lol i know plenty of teachers who went that route for 2 months off during the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you mean like teachers? lol i know plenty of teachers who went that route for 2 months off during the year.
    No, I mean like doctors. And I don't want to generalize here, there's plenty of them that care about the hippocratic oath they took, and a good chunk of them got screwed over by insurance as much as patients.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I mean like doctors. And I don't want to generalize here, there's plenty of them that care about the hippocratic oath they took, and a good chunk of them got screwed over by insurance as much as patients.
    is that right? when my other grandfather was dying of cancer he entertained the thought of marijuana and asked his doc about it. you know what the doc said? "i don't know about marijuana but i don't think it's safe for you to take." well which one is it doc? you don't know or you don't think?

also when my other grandfather was dying in the hospital the docs refused to look at his colostomy bag until it was too late citing they needed a professional to look at it first. by the time the pro came in my grandfather had necrosis of the opening and was in a coma(he died a couple days later). the pro yelled at the staff/docs and asked why they didn't do the normal check when he came in. what an oath they took!

yall want for free when yall wouldn't work for free yourselves. got it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the are we doing? Really? We're closing "non-essential" business while you still have people milling about Walmart and Target because they sell groceries and medicine. And you have other jackasses like Gamestop and Hobby Lobby claiming that their stores are essential.

Some places are getting completely ed over while others are getting a pass. If we're going to completely rape the economy, let's go all in. Force grocery stores to do curbside or delivery only. There are still too many opportunities to spread the virus for any of this to be worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the are we doing? Really? We're closing "non-essential" business while you still have people milling about Walmart and Target because they sell groceries and medicine. And you have other jackasses like Gamestop and Hobby Lobby claiming that their stores are essential.

Some places are getting completely ed over while others are getting a pass. If we're going to completely rape the economy, let's go all in. Force grocery stores to do curbside or delivery only. There are still too many opportunities to spread the virus for any of this to be worth it.

This curve flattening is super costly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I admit I went to an HEB today. Full of old people.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Germany doesn't test the deads...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is that right? when my other grandfather was dying of cancer he entertained the thought of marijuana and asked his doc about it. you know what the doc said? "i don't know about marijuana but i don't think it's safe for you to take." well which one is it doc? you don't know or you don't think?

also when my other grandfather was dying in the hospital the docs refused to look at his colostomy bag until it was too late citing they needed a professional to look at it first. by the time the pro came in my grandfather had necrosis of the opening and was in a coma(he died a couple days later). the pro yelled at the staff/docs and asked why they didn't do the normal check when he came in. what an oath they took!

yall want for free when yall wouldn't work for free yourselves. got it!
    If we're into anecdotes, I've done plenty of free work in open source projects. It worked out well for the project and for me. Didn't pay the bills, but helped build that resume, and people got to see the work.

Plus, nobody is arguing for 'free'. Doctors all over the world get paid reasonably well, have a good life, and still work in a subsidized system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a positive note, my fiancee was able to get a test done. That'll suffice as a test for me since we both have the same symptoms and got sick at the same time. We'll know in 3 to 4 days.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This curve flattening is super costly.
    Probably less costly than not flattening it though. There are really no choices that can be made that aren't filled with terrible repercussions right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a positive note, my fiancee was able to get a test done. That'll suffice as a test for me since we both have the same symptoms and got sick at the same time. We'll know in 3 to 4 days.
    Plus, you ain't dying till June, so there's that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't that be some if his username turned out to be prophetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we're into anecdotes, I've done plenty of free work in open source projects. It worked out well for the project and for me. Didn't pay the bills, but helped build that resume, and people got to see the work.

Plus, nobody is arguing for 'free'. Doctors all over the world get paid reasonably well, have a good life, and still work in a subsidized system.
    that's what their residency program is for. sure they get paid but not nearly what they would as an actual doc.

i've done plenty of pro-bono work too in graphics and when i first started out in tattooing. once you've established yourself what's the point unless you like shooting yourself in the foot or devaluing your experience/time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's hoping for a "negative" result for you both. stay safe!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't that be some if his username turned out to be prophetic.
    yall beat me to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's what their residency program is for. sure they get paid but not nearly what they would as an actual doc.

i've done plenty of pro-bono work too in graphics and when i first started out in tattooing. once you've established yourself what's the point unless you like shooting yourself in the foot or devaluing your experience/time?
    Up until a year ago when I was still running my own business, I still contributed to projects for free. I don't think it was devaluing anything, it was mostly fun hobby stuff.

But, again, it's besides the point, as we're not asking anybody to work for free. It's more about having certain caps on earnings. That'll likely never fly in the US, first to admit that, but there's nothing particularly sad about it if you like what you do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone in Pence's office tested positive for the virus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's nothing particularly sad about it if you like what you do.
    that's the issue here... you believe everyone picks a field because they like what they do and not because they chose to field for its monetary return. my stepfather is an accountant who loved painting houses at 20 yrs old and told me he picked being an accountant because painting houses wasn't going to pay his bills. it is what it is.

i'm not saying you're completely wrong. however, i believe you think the % of those willing to do the job due to their higher calling is absurd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone in Pence's office tested positive for the virus.
    heres to hoping

hes the worst Tzar in charge of anything ever

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

looks like Dump and Penis are going to need “respirators” soon

Mar A Lago a ing coronavirus bucket

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Curbside and delivery require infrastructure. Order picking, order processing etc. If your locale doesn't ahve it already... it ain't happeningin the next month.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

looks like Dump and Penis are going to need “respirators” soon

Mar A Lago a ing coronavirus bucket
    You dumbass, I posted that a week ago. Took 5 days and they reported Ronna, having visited Ron-a-Lago, was indeed negative for the virus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hater still finding downed F-35s everywhere.

Ugandan troll plebe

Thread Information