Page 282 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1822322722782792802812822832842852862923323827821282 ... LastLast
Results 7,026 to 7,050 of 40770
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are all the ones on the beaches?
    That was yesterday. Beaches in both counties are now closed.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That was yesterday. Beaches in both counties are now closed.
    Gonna take at least 14 days to clear 'em.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Braziian military held meetings to discuss possible overthrow of Jail Bolsonaro

Bolsonaro is a corona denialist and has resisted calling for any isolation measures

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Braziian military held meetings to discuss possible overthrow of Jail Bolsonaro

Bolsonaro is a corona denialist and has resisted calling for any isolation measures
    Wasn't that guy your buddy ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't that guy your buddy ?
    fascist Bolsonaro? no

Im a Lula homey

Bolsohitler is Orangegutans buddy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    US per capita deaths are low now, but its still early in our outbreak. Plus although hospitals are strained, not sure we're having to triage people just yet. We will though, and when that happens things will look far worse. We know its coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The government is distributing emergency Covid-19 supplies. But some states are losing out.

Florida has received all the supplies it has asked for. But most states haven’t.

On Sunday, Michigan’s Gov. Gretchen Whitmer appeared on Meet the Press to say that her state received 112,000 masks from the national stockpile Saturday, but that even with that number, “We’re going to be in dire straits again in a matter of days.”

President Donald Trump has been critical of Whitmer’s requests for aid, and her criticism of his administration’s response, referring to her as “the woman in Michigan.” By contrast, he has praised Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, where Trump resides, and that state has received multiple shipments of everything it has requested, and is awaiting another, according to FEMA data.

It is not clear why this disparity exists, or what protocol FEMA, which recently took over control of the stockpile, uses to administer resources.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ral-government

---

One would hope there's nothing nefarious about this, and politics aren't being played with human lives.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At a press briefing on March 19, Trump expressed resentment about being asked for medical supplies, saying that the federal government is “not a shipping clerk.” He also suggested that governors needed to take care of their own states, acquiring necessary medical materials themselves on the open market.

Governors “are supposed to be doing a lot of this work” of obtaining supplies, Trump said at the time.

But many governors and health officials have said this approach is difficult, needlessly expensive, and that it pits localities both against one another — and the federal government.

“Allowing the free market to determine availability and pricing is not the way we should be dealing with this national crisis at this time,” Virginia’s Gov. Ralph Northam said.

“It is a challenge,” Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said. “The federal government says ‘States, you need to go find your supply chain,’ and then the federal government ends up buying from that supply chain.”

---

From same article...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have about 2.5k deaths right now. Assuming a slow 4 day doubling time for deaths (I think it'll be faster), in ~3 weeks we hit 150k dead. Thats why Fauci's numbers seem appropriate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if dr. Fauci's prediction of over 100,000 dead is right ....then its not just the old thats gonna be dying
    It not just the old dying now. If it's 100K, then maybe 20K - 30K will be under 60.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump accuses hospitals of hoarding ventilators

did not cite any evidence

to back his accusation that hospitals were hoarding the devices. It was also unclear which medical facilities he was referring to.

“We have some healthcare workers, some hospitals ... hoarding equipment including ventilators,”

the administration was asking U.S. governors and mayors to know “where your anesthesia ventilators are.” amazing bull from this ditzy sycophant

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...e=domesticNews

We 1000s of Capitalists HOARDING $Ts

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump sent 17.8 tons of protective equipment to China in February after US had first case of COVID-19

a press
    release the State Department sent out on Feb. 7 announced they would be sending up to $100 million in assistance to China so they could better handle the COVID-19 cases.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trump-sent-17-8-tons-of-protective-equipment-to-china-in-february-after-us-had-first-case-of-covid-19-report/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Wants Doctors To Reuse Their Contaminated Coronavirus Masks

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/03/29/trump-doctors-masks-coronavirus.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The feds barely have any stock of fave masks. They burned through 100 million of the during the H1N1 scare and never replaced them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

White House dismissed $2 billion request for emergency supplies as crisis loomed

on Feb. 5, back when there were few confirmed U.S. coronavirus cases but it was already clear that the pandemic was spreading worldwide,

Health and Human Secretary Alex Azar asked the administration for $2 billion in emergency funding for the exact supplies now in shortage, including protective masks.

The administration refused, cutting the request to $500 million in the eventual budget request.

But it's the reason Azar's request wasn't taken seriously that's the most damning.

the Feb. 5 request devolved into

"a shouting match" between Azar and an unnamed Official of Management and Budget official

who was angry at Azar in the belief Azar had already "improperly lobbied" Congress for that emergency money.

Azar asking for massive new funding to prepare for the pandemic would have conflicted mightily with Trump's insistence that officials downplay the threat.

the deep disparities between what different states are getting, from the national stockpile.

Massachusetts has received only 17% of requested supplies,

Maine about 5%, and

Colorado only enough for "one full day."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/29/1932457/-White-House-dismissed-2-billion-request-for-emergency-supplies-as-crisis-loomed

Repug FL got everything it asked for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feeble America gets help from China, and even from Italy

White House Airlifts Medical Supplies From China in Coronavirus Fight

Officials have teamed up with medical supply companies to speed the arrival of masks, gloves, gowns and other goods.

A commercial aircraft carrying

80 tons of gloves, masks, gowns and other medical supplies from Shanghai

touched down in New York on Sunday,

the first of 22 scheduled flights

that White House officials say will funnel much-needed goods to the United States by early April

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/business/economy/coronavirus-china-supplies.html

Do JK and Trash get on JK's encrypted line to Pootin and ask how they can screw up America, and

ask if their buddy Vlad is still holding the real estate available for planned Trash's hotel?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feeble America gets help from China, and even from Italy

White House Airlifts Medical Supplies From China in Coronavirus Fight

Officials have teamed up with medical supply companies to speed the arrival of masks, gloves, gowns and other goods.

A commercial aircraft carrying

80 tons of gloves, masks, gowns and other medical supplies from Shanghai

touched down in New York on Sunday,

the first of 22 scheduled flights

that White House officials say will funnel much-needed goods to the United States by early April

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/29/business/economy/coronavirus-china-supplies.html

Do JK and Trash get on JK's encrypted line to Pootin and ask how they can screw up America, and

ask if their buddy Vlad is still holding the real estate available for planned Trash's hotel?

When you got nothing left who do you turn to?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China says imported virus cases raise risk of new infection wave

The rising number of imported coronavirus cases in China have raised

the possibility that the country will undergo a second wave of infections,

“China already has an ac ulated total of 693 cases entering from overseas,

which means the possibility of a new round of infections remains relatively big,”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-china-imported/china-says-imported-virus-cases-raise-risk-of-new-infection-wave-idUSKBN21G07C?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_so urce=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed% 3A+reuters%2FtopNews+%28News+%2F+US+%2F+Top+News%2 9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China carrying scrub ass USA tbqh

“but but china evil

without chinas help wed have millions dead

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have about 2.5k deaths right now. Assuming a slow 4 day doubling time for deaths (I think it'll be faster), in ~3 weeks we hit 150k dead. Thats why Fauci's numbers seem appropriate.
    No wonder DarrinS is acting out today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This really isnt going to end well for all of us,tbh

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Were his numbers for the month or overall? Because nothing is ending in 3 weeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How exactly am I "acting out"? Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll play optimist again. This of course assumes daily deaths reliably increase a certain percentage. When Italy reached the 2500 mark, their growth rate projected them to be at ~30K right now. https://coronavirus.1point3acres.com/en

I also think New York (and some other hotspots) are inflating the national growth rate. The curve has to bend at some point through our lockdown and social distancing efforts, less prone regions that will naturally have a slower growth rate due to factors like population density, average age, obesity rate, climate, social behavior, use of mass transit, and so on. Basically, I think New York will start to slow at some point, which will also slow the national growth rate. And yes, I expect other hotpots to start their inflection points, but hopefully they won't explode like New York, which, as I've said, just checks ALL the boxes.

Thread Information