Page 318 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2182683083143153163173183193203213223283684188181318 ... LastLast
Results 7,926 to 7,950 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alcatraz is available.

Seriously though, why do we not have the same scorn for cruise ship passengers as we do the spring break kids?

They chose to get on a cruise ship on Mar. 8th.
    They were in Argentina on March 8. No telling when they left the States and it's a little hard sometimes to keep up with news during travel.

I'm fine with a bit of scorn for the cruise ships though.

Just a floating death box I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Called it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus ty ing Christ, Gov. DeSantis needs to grow a spine and show some leadership to save lives.

Florida has thousands of vacant hotel rooms. Get those people off the ship and put them in quarantine.

Guess he's Roman Catholic for political purposes only

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the thing, he's the "Commander in Chief." His main role as CiC (or CEO) is to appraise competency and delegate accordingly. He didn't do that, because this "task force" he formed was obviously . As the delegator in charge, he bears that responsibility for forming an ineffective task force. If you're a CEO of, say, a gaming company, and you form a software team to develop your latest game, and they half ass it by smoking weed and eating pizza instead of writing good code, it doesn't in' matter that they goofed off. All that matters, per your shareholders and the board, is that you hired a bunch of dimwits that cost the company millions, so it's your head on the chopping block.

There's no excusal for Trump here. He didn't "appraise competency" and "delegate properly" like good managers are supposed to do. If this task force was any good, Trump would've been warning the American people at that time, but he kept assuring us it's just a little flu that will go away. Oh, and make sure to check the DOW gains today!

He ed up. There's just no way around it.
    Par for the course for the government tbh. He recognized the problem and formed a task force. That's the facts. How well they performed is debatable. And unless they had no value at all then it's worth mentioning it was formed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should try Cuba. Heard they have top notch health care.
    dont know about that. it's universally provided, though.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans ed up by buying China made products to save a dollar. Americans ed up by building a system that has too many regulations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont know about that. it's universally provided, though.
    its true

china is actually using cuban medicine to treat covid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alcatraz is available.

Seriously though, why do we not have the same scorn for cruise ship passengers as we do the spring break kids?

They chose to get on a cruise ship on Mar. 8th.
    I get the scorn, what I don't get is the murderous indifference to life and death

Even if you think dumbasses who got on a cruise ship on March 8 brought it on themselves, we shouldn't let them die. We should help them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Film News Roundup: Dolly Parton Donates $1 Million for Research on Coronavirus Cure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And really, a post-Covid world should make us think differently about this political football horse . Pretty much the entire Dem/Rep establishment failed ALL OF US here. And the excuse of, "We didn't see it coming" doesn't fly because pandemic spread really is just basic in' math. Both sides presumably downplayed it to keep the market healthy (fun fact: Dem elites benefit from the market just the same).

My fantasy is the American people sit home in total on Election Day and demand the Congress/Senate/President lot dispensed. I think the things EVERY American will agree upon moving forward is: This can never happen again. We need to get off the China teat. Some Trumpers will chime in, "He's been trying to do the latter!" No. It was bark with no bite. "Bite" would be going after companies like Apple, whose biggest products were exempt.

We need to find a fresh candidate and congressional and senate bodies who will effectively do the above. Not just pay lip service to "change." But again, just fantasy. It'll be business-as- in-usual after this disaster subsides and then eventually goes away from vaccine/collective immunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Par for the course for the government tbh. He recognized the problem and formed a task force. That's the facts. How well they performed is debatable. And unless they had no value at all then it's worth mentioning it was formed.
    That's on him. That's just the way it works, regardless if it's "fair" or not. You get the credit when those people perform, so you must get the blame when those people fail.

They had no value. Either they didn't know what they were doing and gave Trump rainbows and roses reports about the disease, or he didn't listen to them. So either way, the task force had zero value in upping our preparedness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what state are you in?
    CA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'a unacceptable to have put US health care providers and patients in this situation. In addition to states and the federal government, hospitals bear some responsibility here.

https://twitter.com/racheljulie/stat...339852802?s=19

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's on him. That's just the way it works, regardless if it's "fair" or not. You get the credit when those people perform, so you must get the blame when those people fail.

They had no value. Either they didn't know what they were doing and gave Trump rainbows and roses reports about the disease, or he didn't listen to them. So either way, the task force had zero value in upping our preparedness.
    Don't forget the "CIC" and "CEO" stating plainly he's "not responsible" for any of this. Leadership you can trust!

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seriously, why are Trump supporters here even trying to defend him?

You don't have to.

It's not the law.

Are you really so ashamed to admit you might have made a bad choice here?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just help the ing people. Sending them back to the Bahamas, Chile or Liberia would basically be murder.

This is one of the things political power and political leadership are for. Tough situations where there are no good options, just bad and worse ones. Nut up and get er done.
    Completely disagree. I'm not at all for sacrificing our doctors' and nurses' lives plus those of responsible Americans in Florida sickened through no fault of their own for a bunch of jackasses who decided they had to go party in close quarters in the middle of a pandemic. This is on them and this is on Carnival. I especially wouldn't take non US citizens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should try Cuba. Heard they have top notch health care.
    They do, but aren't we talking about American citizens? I believe there are travel restrictions in place to Cuba, IIRC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's talk about WH presser ratings tho... look here, smoke and mirrors

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Completely disagree. I'm not at all for sacrificing our doctors' and nurses' lives plus those of responsible Americans in Florida sickened through no fault of their own for a bunch of jackasses who decided they had to go party in close quarters in the middle of a pandemic. This is on them and this is on Carnival. I especially wouldn't take non US citizens.
    We have to take on citizens. Yeah they’re idiots, but there are a lot of idiots in this country who didn’t take heed and got sick and are being treated. Can’t abandon them. Bring them in, take them to isolation, shoot them, and say they didn’t survive the Wuhan virus, and say their bodies have to be burned. Abandoning them would be a bad look for this country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY started trials of hydoxychloroquine last week

Don't know if this is coincidence, but look at the graph at 3:00 in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans ed up by buying China made products to save a dollar. Americans ed up by building a system that has too many regulations.
    So you want Americans to make products the way China does?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KEY MEDICAL SUPPLIES WERE SHIPPED FROM U.S. MANUFACTURERS TO FOREIGN BUYERS

WHILE MUCH OF the world moved swiftly to lock down crucial medical supplies used to treat the coronavirus, the U.S. dithered, maintaining business as normal and allowing large shipments of American-made respirators and ventilators to be sold to foreign buyers.

The foreign shipments, detailed in dozens of government records, show exports to other hot spots where the pandemic has spread, including East Asia and Europe.

In the absence of early detection and purchasing agreements, crucial medical supplies have been ferried out from American manufacturers for foreign markets.

a steady flow of the medical equipment needed to treat the coronavirus being shipped abroad as recently as March 17.

at least three different shipments of respiratory equipment to Belgium in mid-February and early March.

The total cargo included 14 containers weighing more than 55 tons. DeVilbiss and its owner, Clayton Dubilier & Rice, a New York-based private equity firm, did not respond to a request for comment. CAPITALISTS!

On March 8, two tons of Vapotherm’s high-flow disposable patient circuit units, used for operating its respiratory aids, were loaded onto a
    container ship in the Port of Los Angeles

The records show dozens of other shipments of respirator equipment, medical garments, medical masks, oxygen concentrators, and ventilators sent abroad over the last two months.

On February 28, a ship left New York for Hamburg, Germany, with about 1.5 tons of
    ventilator masks

January 1 through March 11,

24 countries, including South Korea and Germany, moved to ban exports of vital health care products in a bid to shore up domestic supply.

Taiwan, which also banned exports of medical equipment, has been able to maintain low rates of infection and death in large part because of its early detection of the outbreak and
    swift deployment of medical and sanitation supplies.

The U.S. government has placed no restrictions on exports of medical supplies

while continuing to impose financial penalties on the import of personal protective gear, protective goggles, pulse oximeters, hand sanitizer, and other medical products from China.

“The lack of domestic personal protective equipment also relates to our government’s unwillingness to read the cards and begin seriously stockpiling in January and February,”

The current supply crisis has been precipitated by a variety of administration failures, from cuts to international programs for disease detection and preparation to a refusal to swiftly mobilize supplies.

The failure of the U.S. to recognize Covid-19 as a serious problem follows

years of efforts to dismantle federal programs designed to maintain international disease surveillance.

The Trump administration cut 14 employees from the Beijing office of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and

closed U.S. Agency for International Development programs in China working to monitor disease outbreaks over the last two years.

In 2018, Trump
    disbanded the National Security Council office devoted to pandemic preparation.

https://theintercept.com/2020/04/01/coronavirus-medical-supplies-export/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NY started trials of hydoxychloroquine last week

Don't know if this is coincidence, but look at the graph at 3:00 in

Damn an intelligent politician. Sure wish he was our president.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a crap load of road work going on in and around DFW.
    Thank you Abbot

hows your fam doing, btw

Thread Information