Page 160 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 601101501561571581591601611621631641702102606601160 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 4,000 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kenji Shibuya, a professor at King’s College London and a former chief of health policy at the World Health Organization, sees two possibilities: that Japan has contained the spread by focusing on outbreak clusters, or that there are outbreaks yet to be found.

“Both are reasonable, but my guess is that Japan is about to see the explosion and will inevitably shift from containment to delay-the-peak phase very soon,” he said. “The number of tests is increasing, but not enough.”

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As expected, Italy passed China today for most officially acknowledged COVID-19 deaths.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kenji Shibuya, a professor at King’s College London and a former chief of health policy at the World Health Organization, sees two possibilities: that Japan has contained the spread by focusing on outbreak clusters, or that there are outbreaks yet to be found.

“Both are reasonable, but my guess is that Japan is about to see the explosion and will inevitably shift from containment to delay-the-peak phase very soon,” he said. “The number of tests is increasing, but not enough.”

It's been two months since their first case, so it's pretty amazing that it hasn't exploded there.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA is only now telling teams to close their training facilities.
    The STREAK still stands

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been two months since their first case, so it's pretty amazing that it hasn't exploded there.
    Only thing I can come up with other than not testing much is how you don't touch each other in Japan. You don't shake hands, you don't hug people in public there. Kind of shocking to see them not dropping like flies there when it's both cold there and a really old population.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only thing I can come up with other than not testing much is how you don't touch each other in Japan. You don't shake hands, you don't hug people in public there. Kind of shocking to see them not dropping like flies there when it's both cold there and a really old population.
    Yeah, the exact opposite of how Italians greet each other.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

After deaths from the virus reached more than 2,500, with a 150% increase in the past week, health authorities have been combing through data to provide clues to help combat the spread of the disease.

Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte’s government is evaluating whether to extend a nationwide lockdown beyond the beginning of April, daily La Stampa reported Wednesday. Italy has more than 31,500 confirmed cases of the illness.

The new study could provide insight into why Italy’s death rate, at about 8% of total infected people, is higher than in other countries.

The Rome-based ins ute has examined medical records of about 18% of the country’s coronavirus fatalities, finding that just three victims, or 0.8% of the total, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.

The median age of the infected is 63 but most of those who die are older. The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

While data released Tuesday point to a slowdown in the increase of cases, with a 12.6% rise, a separate study shows Italy could be underestimating the real number of cases by testing only patients presenting symptoms.

According to the GIMBE Foundation, about 100,000 Italians have contracted the virus, daily Il Sole 24 Ore reported. That would bring back the country’s death rate closer to the global average of about 2%.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...8FG0hCNe4z1xBc

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and LMAO american government saying chinese were hiding it they had 2 ing months to prepare at the very least order billions of masks and thousands of ventilatorsthey did jack and now blame china losers
    China would not let WHO OR CDC in when this began and still don’t give the proper info when asked for it.
    Last edited by pgardn; 03-19-2020 at 01:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anyone else following this issue closely feeling extreme time dilation?

I feel like it was months ago when I heard a hipster next to me at the bar telling the bartender that he did not fear going to sxsw, how he was going to go out of his way to shake 'so many hands', and all this would blow over. It was the Friday afternoon before they officially cancelled sxsw, only 13 days ago
    Feels like way longer than that tho
    100%. Time is ing crawling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huge, if true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In other words...we didn't do this for the last 8 years but you might want to think about doing it.
    Are you ing kidding me? you guys if you try to rewrite this history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    China would not let WHO OR CDC in when this began and still don’t give the proper info when asked for it.
    china owns the WHO. proof is in the WHO's own tweets. the WHO and china too!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's possible some of you already had this, recovered, and never knew it.
    Possible but pretty ing unlikely. People talking about this are grasping at straws to be hopeful they're already immune.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possible but pretty ing unlikely. People talking about this are grasping at straws to be hopeful they're already immune.
    I'm just basing it on certain percentage that have little to no symptoms.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    china owns the WHO. proof is in the WHO's own tweets. the WHO and china too!
    GD right.

Tell it, kori. Testify!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "People are dying who have never died before." (sic,sic,sic) - Donald J. TrumPandemic

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...paign=trending

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    MSM has to find a way to get China offin' the hook. The old man grinding on their ass each day "Chinese Virus" has MSM steamed & flat eared. Frankly, China doesn't give a , but, it bugs MSM no end.

& the old man ain't giving it up. He found a path into a sweet spot & will-not-stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this has been known for a while

but howcome Italy not getting better

BS ImO

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    "People are dying who have never died before." (sic,sic,sic) - Donald J. TrumPandemic

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...paign=trending
    & as always that is the worst kind of dying.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    this has been known for a while

but howcome Italy not getting better

BS ImO
    I thought (we) couldn't use for at least 6 months while its tested?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chloroquine nasty

What side effects can this medication cause?

Side effects from chloroquine phosphate can occur. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

• headache
    • loss of appe e
    • diarrhea
    • upset stomach
    • stomach pain
    • skin rash or itching
    • hair loss
    • mood or mental changes

If you experience any of the following symptoms, call your doctor immediately:

• seeing light flashes and streaks
    • blurred vision
    • reading or seeing difficulties (words disappear, seeing half an object, misty or foggy vision)
    • difficulty hearing
    • ringing in ears
    • muscle weakness
    • drowsiness
    • vomiting
    • irregular heartbeats
    • convulsions
    • difficulty breathing

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/med...l#side-effects

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read a couple of days ago that's not really that effective on controlled tests.

Thread Information