Page 315 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2152653053113123133143153163173183193253654158151315 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which media outlets were or are pushing the "it's not even as bad as the flu" agenda?
    A lot of them pushed that agenda.

Trump downplays coronavirus threat, notes ‘common flu’ kills thousands every year
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...nds-every-year

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MOCGA

I think the typical response to things like that is "a life is a life" or something like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MOCGA

American exceptionalism: money over country... as we've discussed many times before.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, there were many outlets. Trump saying that doesn't reflect the actions taken more than a month before that. I still disagree with him saying it though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now seems like the perfect time to repair roads while there is less traffic.
    Oh yeah? While the whole nation is on stay-at-home or lockdown in order to avoid any kind of gathering? perfect time?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh yeah? While the whole nation is on stay-at-home or lockdown in order to avoid any kind of gathering? perfect time?
    Understood, but, bargain the Bill, get it right, & get it passed, ID the projects, target the materiels, etc., so, that when Corona does lift we're ready to go at that precise moment

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems you can do a lot of road work while social distancing tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems you can do a lot of road work while social distancing tbh.
    Do tell how you make roads working from home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Understood, but, bargain the Bill, get it right, & get it passed, ID the projects, target the materiels, etc., so, that when Corona does lift we're ready to go at that precise moment
    This would make sense if this Congress wouldn't be passing everything at the last minute due to the political gotchas and bickering. It's disgusting.

I'd like to see this Congress addressing head on our lack of equipment, testing, more aid to States. That's what they need to be thinking about right now.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dr Drew and Dr Oz.
    Drew never said that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This would make sense if this Congress wouldn't be passing everything at the last minute due to the political gotchas and bickering. It's disgusting.

I'd like to see this Congress addressing head on our lack of equipment, testing, more aid to States. That's what they need to be thinking about right now.
    Yep. I figured they'd [gotcha & bicker] forever at 200 dead a day. I never figured they'd do it at 1k dead a day.

I was wrong.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Drew never said that.
    Remember when he had that Sex Line show on USA channel with the Easy Bake Oven sequence?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now, the flu is a bigger threat in the U.S. than the new coronavirus.

We don’t yet know the trajectory of the new coronavirus, which understandably invokes fear. But don’t let all the buzz make you forget about a different virus circulating in the United States right now with a much larger impact than the new coronavirus. It’s killed between 10,000 and 25,000 people in this country between just October 1 and January 25, according to the CDC, and has caused up to 26 million illnesses and 310,000 hospitalizations in that time as well. Schools in several states have closed due to high levels of this illness in their student bodies. We even have a vaccine available to help prevent it. Yes, I’m talking about the flu.
    February 5, 2020

https://www.self.com/story/coronavir...social_twitter

The Virus Killing U.S. Kids Isn’t the One Dominating the Headlines

Coronavirus, with zero American fatalities, is dominating headlines, while the flu has killed dozens of U.S. kids this season—including 11-year-old Luca, a true “Giver of Light.”
    Feb. 06, 2020

https://www.thedailybeast.com/flu-no...e-luca-calanni

Don’t worry about the new coronavirus, worry about the flu
    Posted on January 28, 2020
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ses-deaths-flu

Get a grippe, America. The flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus, for now.
    Feb. 1, 2020
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...e99_story.html

Before we really had a handle on it, sure.
    Headlines from Same authors, different dates, in order:
    No, the Coronavirus Isn’t Just a Bad Flu
    March 17, 2020
    Trump Didn’t Just Botch the Coronavirus Response. He Enabled Its Spread.
    Published Feb. 28, 2020
    A Coronavirus Pandemic Is Looking A Lot More Likely. Here's What That Means.
    February 24, 2020
    How bad will the coronavirus outbreak get in the U.S.?
    Early models suggest it could be a historic pandemic on the scale of the 1957 flu.
    Mar 3, 2020

All of them, save the first, who write a LOT of fluff pieces on pro-biotics for a drippy-dippy health website, recognized the threat before Dear Leader. The epidemiologist who you cited first probably did so too, but didn't write about it again, until the 17th.

By March 12th is was obvious who was being a lying, evil , like the one whose ass your lips seemed permanently attached to.

Hannity on Wednesday night, after Trump's speech, acknowledged on his program that the coronavirus poses "a lot of serious risks and a lot of serious challenges." He noted that "in serious situations, truth matters, facts matter." But in the very same episode that he made those comments, the Fox News host continued to mislead his audience.
    Hannity contrasted the novel coronavirus fatality numbers with those of the seasonal flu, despite knowing that the novel virus' mortality rate is significantly higher. Hannity knew it was a misleading comparison because the night before on his program Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Ins ute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told him that the coronavirus is at least 10-times more lethal than influenza.
    Meanwhile, throughout all of Fox News' coverage, Fox Corporation, the parent company of the network, has taken the matter seriously. The company has restricted all non-essential travel. And, in a Thursday email obtained by CNN Business, Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott and President and Executive Editor Jay Wallace announced several sweeping measures to protect employees, including asking staff able to work from home to do so starting Monday.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/media...rus/index.html

February 6 = we don't know anything. flu is, for now more deadlly.

February 28th = ok, we know enough to say its going to be much worse than the flu.

March 9: “So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!” — Trump in a tweet.
    March 10: “And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.” — Trump after meeting with Republican senators.
    So yeah, Fox news ran with it even after everyone else, including every single reporter you cited, knew otherwise.

QED.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do tell how you make roads working from home.
    By letting the road workers leave their home and social distancing while on the job.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Small study in China. Just a drop of good news.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas company says they have 2 million N95 masks for sale —

for 6 times the normal price

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/tex..._campaign=4181

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    By letting the road workers leave their home and social distancing while on the job.
    Except most states have stay-at-home orders, rightly so.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except most states have stay-at-home orders, rightly so.
    not everyone's stay at home orders are the same, construction is essential here and they've been doing it all throughout this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not everyone's stay at home orders are the same, construction is essential here and they've been doing it all throughout this
    Oh yeah? Haven't heard of that on this side of town.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what state are you in?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    There's a crap load of road work going on in and around DFW.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a crap load of road work going on in and around DFW.
    There's beaucoup construction in ATX.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Before we really had a handle on it, sure.
    Headlines from Same authors, different dates, in order:

No, the Coronavirus Isn’t Just a Bad Flu
    March 17, 2020
    Trump Didn’t Just Botch the Coronavirus Response. He Enabled Its Spread.
    Published Feb. 28, 2020
    A Coronavirus Pandemic Is Looking A Lot More Likely. Here's What That Means.
    February 24, 2020
    How bad will the coronavirus outbreak get in the U.S.?
    Early models suggest it could be a historic pandemic on the scale of the 1957 flu.
    Mar 3, 2020

All of them, save the first, who write a LOT of fluff pieces on pro-biotics for a drippy-dippy health website, recognized the threat before Dear Leader.

January 29 2020
    https://publicpool.kinja.com/subject...g-t-1841341883

January 31 2020
    https://publicpool.kinja.com/subject...-co-1841395411

January 31 2020

The Trump administration on Friday dramatically escalated its response to the fast-spreading coronavirus epidemic by announcing quarantines and major travel restrictions that officials said were meant to limit contagion.

The measures, which could affect thousands of people around the world, represented a marked expansion of the federal government’s response after initially downplaying potential risks.

The White House declared a “public health emergency” and — beginning on Sunday at 5 p.m. — will bar non-U.S. citizens who recently visited China from entering the United States, subject to a few exemptions. Shortly after the White House announced the new restrictions and said there were six confirmed U.S. cases, a seventh case was confirmed in Santa Clara County, Calif.

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar also said the Trump administration would quarantine any Americans who had visited China’s Hubei province, where the disease originated, within the past 14 days. The government will also require screening and self-quarantines for all other Americans who recently visited any other parts of China. Officials said the self-quarantine rules would require individuals to stay in their homes for a certain length of time, monitor themselves for certain symptoms such as coughing, and check their temperatures and report them to local health officials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-po...e-coronavirus/

Thread Information