Page 688 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1885886386786846856866876886896906916926987387881188 ... LastLast
Results 17,176 to 17,200 of 40770
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are your real scientific numbers?

You claim to be a scientist when you can't do what you claim is simple science.
    It is simple to see where the numbers didn't add up. It only took you 3 months to begin to realize. But you never would have if I didn't tell you first. You're welcome. And I love that you are calling me a scientist.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then where are your numbers?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stratify mortality by age and give me your comparison to flu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Democrats are concerned about the possibility of the economy recovering. Seems like an odd thing for Americans to be concerned about but I guess that's just me.
    I would personally love to see the economy recovering as much as possible before the election, tbh, so Joe doesn't have to start his term with a devastated country.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stratify mortality by age and give me your comparison to flu
    Give me your current number of deaths and the projections you made in March.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me your current number of deaths and the projections you made in March.
    Glad you agreed. Its really easy proving you wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of the more than 92,000 Americans who had died of COVID-19 as of May 20 (the date that the data in this analysis was collected), nearly 75,000 were in Democratic congressional districts.

Of the 44 hardest-hit congressional districts – the top 10% in terms of deaths – 41 are represented by Democrats, while three are represented by Republicans. These include the New York-area districts, as well as those in the Boston, Detroit and New Orleans metropolitan areas. The average death toll in each of these hardest-hit districts was 1,122 as of May 20.

The next 100 hardest-hit districts, which represent the remainder of the top third of districts, with an average of 270 deaths, also are disproportionately represented by Democrats: 75 are represented by Democrats, 25 by Republicans.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...r=0&par=1&trk=
    Not really a surprise, seeing that Democrats are largely concentrated in inner-city and suburban areas. That said, much easier for Dems to take a hit when they're the majority. The cost in rural areas for the GOP would be much more pronounced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad you agreed. Its really easy proving you wrong.
    Glad you confirmed you have no numbers and make no projections and you're not a scientist. It's really easy proving you wrong.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad you confirmed you have no numbers and make no projections and you're not a scientist. It's really easy proving you wrong.
    Its strange that this guy likened the current virus to a bad flu... may 16th.

NEWS

YouTube censors epidemiologist Knut Wittkowski for opposing lockdown

By Jon Levine

May 16, 2020 | 1:10pm

" style="max-width: 100%; display: block !important; margin-bottom: 3px;">

Dr. Knut WittkowskiHelayne Seidman

Sign up for our special edition newsletter to get a daily update on the coronavirus pandemic.

Big Tech companies are aggressively tamping down on COVID-19 “misinformation” — opinions and ideas contrary to official pronouncements.

Dr. Knut M. Wittkowski, former head of biostatistics, epidemiology and research design at Rockefeller University, says YouTube removed a video of him talking about the virus that had racked up more than 1.3 million views.

Wittkowski, 65, is a ferocious critic of the nation’s current steps to fight the coronavirus. He has derided social distancing, saying it only prolongs the virus’ existence, and has attacked the current lockdown as mostly unnecessary.

Wittkowski, who holds two doctorates in computer science and medical biometry, believes the coronavirus should be allowed to create “herd immunity,” and that short of a vaccine, the pandemic will only end after it has sufficiently spread through the population.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NEWS

YouTube censors epidemiologist Knut Wittkowski for opposing lockdown

By Jon Levine

Sign up for our special edition newsletter to get a daily update on the coronavirus pandemic.

Big Tech companies are aggressively tamping down on COVID-19 “misinformation” — opinions and ideas contrary to official pronouncements.

Dr. Knut M. Wittkowski, former head of biostatistics, epidemiology and research design at Rockefeller University, says YouTube removed a video of him talking about the virus that had racked up more than 1.3 million views.

Wittkowski, 65, is a ferocious critic of the nation’s current steps to fight the coronavirus. He has derided social distancing, saying it only prolongs the virus’ existence, and has attacked the current lockdown as mostly unnecessary.

Wittkowski, who holds two doctorates in computer science and medical biometry, believes the coronavirus should be allowed to create “herd immunity,” and that short of a vaccine, the pandemic will only end after it has sufficiently spread through the population.
    Does he have the real number of deaths or his non-lockdown death number projections from March?

That's what I asked you for and that's where you failed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have the real number of deaths or his non-lockdown death number projections?

That's what I asked you for and that's where you failed.
    Big time L for you. Now people with multiple phds agree with me. Go ahead tell me more about the stratified data and how this guy is wrong.

Just when you thought it couldn't go any worse for you and your blabbering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of the more than 92,000 Americans who had died of COVID-19 as of May 20 (the date that the data in this analysis was collected), nearly 75,000 were in Democratic congressional districts.

Of the 44 hardest-hit congressional districts – the top 10% in terms of deaths – 41 are represented by Democrats, while three are represented by Republicans. These include the New York-area districts, as well as those in the Boston, Detroit and New Orleans metropolitan areas. The average death toll in each of these hardest-hit districts was 1,122 as of May 20.

The next 100 hardest-hit districts, which represent the remainder of the top third of districts, with an average of 270 deaths, also are disproportionately represented by Democrats: 75 are represented by Democrats, 25 by Republicans.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...r=0&par=1&trk=
    no wonder conservatives kept downplaying the seriousness of this...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big time L for you. Now people with multiple phds agree with me. Go ahead tell me more about the stratified data and how this guy is wrong.

Is he a medical doctor?

Tell me all about his current death numbers and his death number projections from March.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    TSA celebrating Democrats dying.

That is a new low even for you.
    I’m not cheering on any deaths. You were giddy at the thought of Republican voters dying and you couldn’t hide it. You mentioned it multiple times. Sorry it didn’t work out how you’d hoped.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Wittkowski" is saying "no social distancing", let C19 spread without barriers, 200M, 100M infected? Ms dead?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TSA celebrating Democrats dying.

That is a new low even for you.
    This.

That, and I don't feel sorry for Rush Limbaugh. I hope he doesn't suffer much, and that is about it.

He will get some excuse to do all the oxy he wants now tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I looked up his projection for deaths from a month ago.

He just used the US government's 60,000 for the entire pandemic and called it a day.

He was wrong.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First off, I'm not agreeing with tholdren at all but the following:

It is true the CDC guidelines and what they say changes almost on a daily basis now. They now claim half if not more of the antibody testing could be wrong.

I know things are dynamic but when you say one thing today and something else entirely tomorrow, you can see how that gives credence to people who dont believe in science to begin with like tholdren above.
    This EXACTLY why leadership is so important. You and I have seen how many ins utions who are making models based on possibly flawed data. This is why you get the best in the brightest from all over the world together and not only discuss models, but discuss POLICY.

What has the orange guy done in this regard? Tout drugs that have not been fully tested. Hire Kushner to get these people together?

Its a fckn joke.

And.... the press. The press wants to play popularity games with this as well so they are playing around like they do with diets. Site ONE study and say, "the marshmallow diet is most effective in preventing diatetes! who would of thunk it?" This is seriously bad reporting which is why I have put up articles that are summaries of many studies written by people who UNDERSTAND science, not some hack spawned from Alex Jones.

Right now we are in a stage of bafflement even though we have sequenced the whole damn viral genome and know every protein it makes. This is amazing. But Biology is extraordinarily difficult, because it DOES NOT tell you how the virus is going to work in individuals with different genetic makeups, and certainly populations are very difficult as well as this is really new and not following previous rules.

Telling lies about it is not helpful. This is what the WH and some of the press is doing. Never ever say "we dont know and here is why" in Trump world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This EXACTLY why leadership is so important. You and I have seen how many ins utions who are making models based on possibly flawed data. This is why you get the best in the brightest from all over the world together and not only discuss models, but discuss POLICY.

What has the orange guy done in this regard? Tout drugs that have not been fully tested. Hire Kushner to get these people together?

Its a fckn joke.

And.... the press. The press wants to play popularity games with this as well so they are playing around like they do with diets. Site ONE study and say, "the marshmallow diet is most effective in preventing diatetes! who would of thunk it?" This is seriously bad reporting which is why I have put up articles that are summaries of many studies written by people who UNDERSTAND science, not some hack spawned from Alex Jones.

Right now we are in a stage of bafflement even though we have sequenced the whole damn viral genome and know every protein it makes. This is amazing. But Biology is extraordinarily difficult, because it DOES NOT tell you how the virus is going to work in individuals with different genetic makeups, and certainly populations are very difficult as well as this is really new and not following previous rules.

Telling lies about it is not helpful. This is what the WH and some of the press is doing. Never ever say "we dont know and here is why" in Trump world.
    Bend over, I'll make some in' protien.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Its a fckn joke.

Bolded:
    Imo the amazing job done here is what gives us a great deal of hope a vaccine can be made sooner that we expected (but mass production and distribution could be a huge problem. This virus appears to change in very minor ways and has some major weaknesses in that one of the most important proteins it makes for binding to cells readily produces antibodies in preliminary studies. And this was predicted once we had sequenced it and figured out its proteins and most of their functions. Amazing job here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the beginning of April, your boy said with absolutely no mitigation the number of deaths in the US would be 10,000 tops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll make some in' protien.
    You spelled protein wrong Ms Crutchfield...
    Thread would be proud of you for the emphasis on everything anal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is simple to see where the numbers didn't add up. It only took you 3 months to begin to realize. But you never would have if I didn't tell you first. You're welcome. And I love that you are calling me a scientist.
    What the are you talking about? You aren't even coherent at this point.

Math time.

300000 available bed in the US.

How many people will have to be sick at once from a disease with a 5% hospitalization rate before every single one of those beds is occupied?
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 05-27-2020 at 06:54 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

NEWS

YouTube censors epidemiologist[] Knut Wittkowski for opposing lockdown

By Jon Levine

When conservatives start quoting experts, they almost always turn out to be less than advertised. Good experts publish on topic, and are cited by others in their works.

Wittkowski, has published one and only one original paper on epidemiology.

In 1995.

About an STD.

That has been cited by exactly ZERO other papers.
    https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Knut_M_Wittkowski

Setting aside his incredibly thin expertise on how diseases spread, and non-existent expertise on respiratory viruses, he pretty much demonstrates how incompetent he is with this one statement:

“[W]hat people are trying to do is flatten the curve. I don’t really know why. But, what happens is if you flatten the curve, you also prolong, to widen it, and it takes more time. And I don’t see a good reason for a respiratory disease to stay in the population longer than necessary . . .”
    Holy balls. That is literally the most ignorant thing he could have said.

Here is why your ed "expert" got his ganked as misinformation:

If the virus proceeds along its natural infection path, the healthcare system would be overrun in the course of several weeks and more people would die than necessary, because many of them would be unable to receive appropriate care. The bargain you strike by flattening the curve is that, yes, the virus stays in circulation longer, and yes, this is sub-optimal, but the payoff is that the overall fatality rate is dramatically lowered because we have the resources to treat all serious cases according to best-practices, so fewer people die.
    Dude at the Bulwark nailed it.
    https://thebulwark.com/newsletter-is...newest-expert/

Coronavirus truthers. If you find it strange, you are just as much of an idiot as he is.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus ‘silent spreaders’ become a bigger risk as California reopens

The role of “silent spreaders” in transmitting the coronavirus is becoming an even greater issue for health officials as they ease stay-at-home rules and slowly reopen the economy.

if many people who get the virus don’t show symptoms and yet are infectious, the disease could spread invisibly, beyond the reach of county health officials.

It’s called “presymptomatic transmission.”

There’s also “asymptomatic transmission,”

in which infected people show no serious signs of illness but still can spread the disease.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...fornia-reopens

Thread Information