Page 689 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1895896396796856866876886896906916926936997397891189 ... LastLast
Results 17,201 to 17,225 of 40774
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When conservatives start quoting experts, they almost always turn out to be less than advertised. Good experts publish on topic, and are cited by others in their works.

Wittkowski, has published one and only one original paper on epidemiology.

In 1995.

About an STD.

That has been cited by exactly ZERO other papers.
    https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Knut_M_Wittkowski

Setting aside his incredibly thin expertise on how diseases spread, and non-existent expertise on respiratory viruses, he pretty much demonstrates how incompetent he is with this one statement:

Holy balls. That is literally the most ignorant thing he could have said.

Here is why your ed "expert" got his ganked as misinformation:

Dude at the Bulwark nailed it.
    https://thebulwark.com/newsletter-is...newest-expert/

Coronavirus truthers. If you find it strange, you are just as much of an idiot as he is.
    Tell more about Sweden lockdown.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is constantly trying to change the subject something you learned in science school?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Trump party voters tend to skew older.

The people in the Trump party have polled as being less concerned with virus, and take fewer precautions for it spreading. Implying that it will spread much more among Trump party members than Democrats.

I would grimly note that when it gets bad for the elderly, they won't be voting in November. Trump wont the electoral college by 77,000 votes, or less than one percent of total votes cast in three specific states. If every single vote in 2020 mirror 2016, and the death rate is anywhere near that of Italy, attrition alone might reverse the outcome.

Of the more than 92,000 Americans who had died of COVID-19 as of May 20 (the date that the data in this analysis was collected), nearly 75,000 were in Democratic congressional districts.

Of the 44 hardest-hit congressional districts – the top 10% in terms of deaths – 41 are represented by Democrats, while three are represented by Republicans. These include the New York-area districts, as well as those in the Boston, Detroit and New Orleans metropolitan areas. The average death toll in each of these hardest-hit districts was 1,122 as of May 20.

The next 100 hardest-hit districts, which represent the remainder of the top third of districts, with an average of 270 deaths, also are disproportionately represented by Democrats: 75 are represented by Democrats, 25 by Republicans.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...r=0&par=1&trk=

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only Half of Americans Say They'll Get Vaccinated for Covid-19

Predictably, there was a partisan divide to the question as well, with

62 percent of Democrats saying they plan to get the vaccine,

with just 43 percent of Republicans saying they want to get vaccinated.

Twenty-six percent of Republicans said they would not get vaccinated.

A different poll, conducted by YouGov for Yahoo News, found that

44 percent of Republicans in the U.S. believe,

“Bill Gates is plotting

to use a mass covid-19 vaccination campaign as a pretext to implant microchips in billions of people and monitor their movements.”

The single largest group that said they would not get the vaccine, according to the new AP poll, was black Americans.

Forty percent of black people in the U.S. said that they did not plan to get the vaccine,

while just 25 percent said they would.

Hispanic Americans were the most unsure about getting the vaccine, according to the new poll,

with 37 percent saying that they were “not sure” whether they wanted to get vaccinated.

Thirty-seven percent of Hispanics also said that they were planning to get the vaccine.

https://gizmodo.com/only-half-of-americans-say-theyll-get-vaccinated-for-co-1843698237

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am more curious as to why you would post something about him, without doing any background checking to see the bonafides.

Not really much of an epidemiologist is he?

Further, he didn't seem to know about how thin our health care system capacity is, a basic and highly important datapoint when formulating public policy.

Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value? Why or why not?

If the virus proceeds along its natural infection path, the healthcare system would be overrun in the course of several weeks and more people would die than necessary, because many of them would be unable to receive appropriate care. The bargain you strike by flattening the curve is that, yes, the virus stays in circulation longer, and yes, this is sub-optimal, but the payoff is that the overall fatality rate is dramatically lowered because we have the resources to treat all serious cases according to best-practices, so fewer people die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You spelled protein wrong Ms Crutchfield...
    Thread would be proud of you for the emphasis on everything anal.
    Spelling schmack from the forum autist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not cheering on any deaths. You were giddy at the thought of Republican voters dying and you couldn’t hide it. You mentioned it multiple times. Sorry it didn’t work out how you’d hoped.
    Find a single post where I expressed any happiness about it. Go on. I'll wait.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am more curious as to why you would post something about him, without doing any background checking to see the bonafides.

Further, he didn't seem to know about how thin our health care system capacity is, a basic and highly important datapoint when formulating public policy.

Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value? Why or why not?
    What do you think?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sweden didnt lock down
    Because the argument was that only experts were allowed to have an opinion. Neil furgusons track record worse than his.

It didn't matter. The rate of transmission was overstated and those who would need intervention via hospital were also overstated. As direct evidence by the furloughs. And almost 4 months into the data collection there are still errors in collecting reporting and classifying that have been used to perpetuate something that didn't need to take place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [inability to distinguish apathy from happiness]

More fail. Fail some more. It's funny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sweden didnt lock down
    Because the argument was that only experts were allowed to have an opinion. Neil furgusons track record worse than his.

It didn't matter. The rate of transmission was overstated and those who would need intervention via hospital were also overstated. As direct evidence by the furloughs. And almost 4 months into the data collection there are still errors in collecting reporting and classifying that have been used to perpetuate something that didn't need to take place.
    So a consideration of available hospital space is not important? Just trying to be clear here. Seems like you are saying it is not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you think?
    I believe it is. I agree with the Bulwark author's conclusion, noted previously.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So a consideration of available hospital space is not important? Just trying to be clear here. Seems like you are saying it is not.
    I was perfectly clear. The modeling, the numbers you believed, were inaccruate. Hence the furloughs and the continued layoffs. The RATE OF TRANSMISSION WAS OVERSTATED AS WERE THOSE WHO MAY NEED HOSPITALIZED.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Find a single post where I expressed any happiness about it. Go on. I'll wait.
    I just posted two. You can claim it didn’t make you happy inside to think about Trump voters dying because they weren’t as “afraid” of the virus as Democrats but no one here from either side would believe you.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    +102 CV19 dead Americans on Trump's watch. What, that's like +25k Benghazis.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That seems pretty damn effective tbh. Unfortunately, many do not wear the mask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AP Poll: Fewer Than Half Americans Plan to Get COVID Vaccine

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That seems pretty damn effective tbh. Unfortunately, many do not wear the mask.
    Hey, something we agree on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Called it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AP Poll: Fewer Than Half Americans Plan to Get COVID Vaccine
    Ma niga

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California’s sudden e in COVID-19 is a disturbing warning for the whole country

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/cal...whole-country/

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    California’s sudden e in COVID-19 is a disturbing warning for the whole country

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/cal...whole-country/
    Amazing they were able to get so many people on the beach tested day of on the beach with instant results back. Also amazing that the massive increase in testing we are doing in California is not the cause of more positive cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    South Korea is probably gonna shut down again soon.

we are gonna be south Korea in a month or 2

Calling it jigs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    South Korea is probably gonna shut down again soon.

we are gonna be south Korea in a month or 2

Calling it jigs

i called it

Just wait until their counting method gets revealed..

Thread Information