Page 989 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 489889939979985986987988989990991992993999103910891489 ... LastLast
Results 24,701 to 24,725 of 40770
    My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Why are people getting butthurt because Jon Stewart believes that COVID-19 spread from as a result of a lab leak? It's been over a year and the pangolin-bat theory seems no more credible.

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Junk filter thread, tbh.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Why are people getting butthurt because Jon Stewart believes that COVID-19 spread from as a result of a lab leak? It's been over a year and the pangolin-bat theory seems no more credible.
    red!!! Sweetheart!!!!!! Pumpkinpuss!!!!!!!!!

Bueno to see you old and dear enemy. You and I hammer & tonged for years. How have you been, you SOB, you?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The good news is that fully vaccinated folks are robustly protected. The bad news is that partially vaccinated people aren't and Delta is more contagious than the strains that drove previous waves, the reproduction number is estimated to be between 5-8.

Could be a rough cold and flu season in schools and undervaccinated parts of the country.
    Not really, tights, (they'll) switch it/deaths (99%) back to the regular flu from COVID-19. (They) wanted to do that on 1-20 of this year, but they weren't all sure we wouldn't catch on..."Just wait, we stole it, it's our, but don't get happy, lay low, we'll get hit hard, yes, I figure to about a quarter million dead on our end of it, but we'll shift all the over to regular flu come September! Yes, that's our salvation. That old Florida will still lead our President something like 400k of dead Americans to just over a quarter million dead Americans. We win again. C'mon, let's go over Dunkin' and get a dozen, bring your masks. Then luncheon!!! This being President is a lot of fun. That in' Floridan got a taste of it and it just chaps my hide that he did. GD outsider. CHOW!"

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Junk filter thread, tbh.
    you were bleeding all night long, derp.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID: Delta variant cases ‘doubling every two weeks’ in U.S.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06/14/covid-delta-variant-cases-doubling-every-two-weeks-in-u-s/

Delta is now the dominant variant in UK. re-opening delayed by 1 month. (I expect it will be delayed more as delta spreads)

Delta spreads more easily, makes you sicker, and send a higher %age of victims to hospital.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is not the only "natural" origin theory. The basic idea is it went from animals to humans. NOT from a lab leak.
    I'll put money on the natural origin. Worse than this, the red team has been told its manmade from various nutty TSA-like sources... I will take big bucks for that being mega wrong. And yes it was good for Trump AND Biden to hold China responsible for NOT GIVING US early info. Not for making a fkn virus, this is nuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID: Delta variant cases ‘doubling every two weeks’ in U.S.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06/14/covid-delta-variant-cases-doubling-every-two-weeks-in-u-s/

Delta is now the dominant variant in UK. re-opening delayed by 1 month. (I expect it will be delayed more as delta spreads)

Delta spreads more easily, makes you sicker, and send a higher %age of victims to hospital.

Stupid antivaccers.
    And they are not solely on the red team.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    That is not the only "natural" origin theory. The basic idea is it went from animals to humans. NOT from a lab leak.
    I'll put money on the natural origin. Worse than this, the red team has been told its manmade from various nutty TSA-like sources... I will take big bucks for that being mega wrong. And yes it was good for Trump AND Biden to hold China responsible for NOT GIVING US early info. Not for making a fkn virus, this is nuts.
    It's been well over a year, and this "natural theory" does not seem more likely at all. Where is the evidence?

It's not even "nutty" anymore to claim that it was a lab leak. Fauci has not ruled that out as a possibility. FaceBook, who is not right wing, has decided to stop banning discussion about it being man-made. I don't know why people have such a visceral reaction to the idea of COVID-19 coming from a lab leak. Based off all this gain of function talk, the US could have played a part, too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID revelation

Not where you'd expect: The National Ins utes of Health found evidence that COVID-19 was in the U.S. way before it got on the public radar.

• Our previous understanding had cases flowing from China and Europe to Seattle and New York City.
    • But the NIH study of blood samples found a handful of cases in Illinois, Mississippi, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin dating back to early January and perhaps December 2019, reports Axios' Eileen Drage O'Reilly.

Why it matters: This public transparency is important for the experts looking into when and where COVID-19 first emerged.

• The CDC published its own data last year suggesting there were U.S. cases back in December 2019.
    • Earlier this year, the World Health Organization drew backlash for a report on COVID-19 origins, including for saying it was more likely imported into China than the result of a lab leak.
    • Part of that backlash was because investigators were stonewalled by the Chinese government.

The big picture: U.S. federal health officials are increasingly accepting a timeline in which small numbers of COVID-19 infections may have occurred in the U.S. before the world ever became aware of COVID-19 in China,

-- Axios PM email

===================

"small numbers of COVID-19 infections may have occurred in the U.S.

before the world ever became aware of a dangerous new virus erupting in China."

https://apnews.com/article/more-evidence-covid-in-us-by-christmas-2019-11346afc5e18eee81ebcf35d9e6caee2

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus traces found in March 2019 sewage sample, Spanish study shows

Spanish virologists have found traces of the novel coronavirus in a sample of Barcelona waste water

collected in March 2019,

nine months before the COVID-19 disease was identified in China

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-spain-science-idINKBN23X2HQ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp still isn't going out this weekend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    apparently last week MTG gave an interview with steve bannon where she said she does not believe the virus could have developed naturally because she does not believe in evolution

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID hospitalizations tick up in Texas

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/...3-1526e087a1cc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's been well over a year, and this "natural theory" does not seem more likely at all. Where is the evidence?

It's not even "nutty" anymore to claim that it was a lab leak. Fauci has not ruled that out as a possibility. FaceBook, who is not right wing, has decided to stop banning discussion about it being man-made. I don't know why people have such a visceral reaction to the idea of COVID-19 coming from a lab leak. Based off all this gain of function talk, the US could have played a part, too.
    Has not ruled it out is VERY different than probable.
    Probable is ABSOLUTELY animal to man. Very unlikely is a lab working with it. Super unlikely and beyond biology today is synthesized by scientists. YES. This is nutty.

I would bet you large sums of money. But no one holds to it.
    The US played a part in it???????? lets get really nutty.
    HOW? What did we do?

And the evidence is in the RNA sequence. Which is why it is classified the way it is. This is the best evidence. But you wont get that.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Has not ruled it out is VERY different than probable.
    Probable is ABSOLUTELY animal to man. Very unlikely is a lab working with it. Super unlikely and beyond biology today is synthesized by scientists. YES. This is nutty.

I would bet you large sums of money. But no one holds to it.
    The US played a part in it???????? lets get really nutty.
    HOW? What did we do?

And the evidence is in the RNA sequence. Which is why it is classified the way it is. This is the best evidence. But you wont get that.
    The US, under Trump, allowed gain of function research and funded the Wuhan the Ins ute. I am not ruling out our culpability.

Again, where is this evidence of a natural origin? How did the virus pass from animals to humans, and which animals passed it on?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh but it's already over, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Daily cases have stalled in the US. Not going down at the moment.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Daily cases have stalled in the US. Not going down at the moment.
    I had my eye peeled on Indiana after they had that 130k crowd for the 500. Unfortunat, I mean fortunately nothing bad happened. tee, hee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had my eye peeled on Indiana after they had that 130k crowd for the 500. Unfortunat, I mean fortunately nothing bad happened. tee, hee.
    Laugh it up, COVID ain't gone yet. Half the USA is still unprotected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A virus is a moving target. Billions of generations for a single human one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-vaxxers of all stripes gonna eat this summer and fall.

Also, people who lack access to care, or can't afford to take a day off. Or are too poor, sick or disabled. Or just plain ignorant.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US, under Trump, allowed gain of function research and funded the Wuhan the Ins ute. I am not ruling out our culpability.

Again, where is this evidence of a natural origin? How did the virus pass from animals to humans, and which animals passed it on?
    i don't know man made was ruled out awhile ago by the scientists based on how it looked in sequence and functioned in the body. The lab leak theory doesn't have to mean man made virus, because apparently they would go deep into the ing forest or caves, pick up samples, and take them to the lab.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-vaxxers of all stripes gonna eat this summer and fall.
    or us when one of these idiots gets infected, and the e protein for the virus mutates into something the vaccines won't protect against. I got one member of my family who hasn't got the vaccine because she's trying to get pregnant and it hasn't been tested on pregnant women. Not really her fault she doesn't want to get it.

Thread Information