Page 698 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1985986486886946956966976986997007017027087487981198 ... LastLast
Results 17,426 to 17,450 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    inadequate adjustment for known and measured confounders (disease severity, temporal effects, site effects, dose used).

Data from Australia are not compatible with government reports (too many cases for just five hospitals, more in-hospital deaths than had occurred in the entire country during the study period)

Implausible ratios of chloroquine to hydroxychloroquine use in some continents
    I have contacts in many hospitals in Australia. I can ask around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have contacts in many hospitals in Australia. I can ask around.
    That discrepancy was already explained:

i'd still wait for the paper's authors to come out with either a statement of clarification or revisions, if necessary, than calling the entire study bunk because some of the data used was potentially faulty. there's no way to determine with the information available to us if any necessary revisions would alter the findings/conclusions

The Lancet told Guardian Australia: “We have asked the authors for clarifications, we know that they are investigating urgently, and we await their reply.” The lead author of the study, Dr Mandeep Mehra, said he had contacted Surgisphere, the company that provided the data, to reconcile the discrepancies with “the utmost urgency”. Surgisphere is described as a healthcare data analytics and medical education company.

In a statement, Surgisphere founder Dr Sapan Desai, also an author on the Lancet paper, said a hospital from Asia had accidentally been included in the Australian data.

“We have reviewed our Surgisphere database and discovered that a new hospital that joined the registry on April 1, and self-designated as belonging to the Australasia continental designation,” the spokesman said. “In reviewing the data from each of the hospitals in the registry, we noted that this hospital had a nearly 100% composition of Asian race and a relatively high use of chloroquine compared to non-use in Australia. This hospital should have more appropriately been assigned to the Asian continental designation.”

He said the error did not change the overall study findings. It did mean that the Australian data in the paper would be revised to four hospitals and 63 deaths,.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good thing about these riots will end the covid thing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value? Why or why not?
    Sweden didnt lock down...
    It didn't matter. The rate of transmission was overstated ....
    So a consideration of available hospital space is not important? Just trying to be clear here. Seems like you are saying it is not.
    I was perfectly clear. The modeling, the numbers you believed, were inaccruate...
    You clearly avoided answering the question, as asked, and answered a question I did not ask.

Dishonest people avoid honest questions.

3rd time
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value? I will settle for a simple yes or no.
    You said Sweden locked down....

4th time [clarifying language added]
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value for any disease that might require hospitalization for some percentage of those affected with a disease? I will settle for a simple yes or no.
    No not in the context of covid...

I removed the question from a specific context so that we can arrive at a potential mutual agreement of principle, on which to base further discussion.

5th time [clarifying language added]
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value for any disease that might require hospitalization for some percentage of those affected with a disease? I will settle for a simple yes or no
    I've already explained to you Mr. Variables that NO it didn't for this virus. proven by events such as furloughs layoffs and no hospitals being whelmed.

If there was a vius that was highly lethal and highly communicable then maybe.

Either it is a factor in decision making or not. If your decision making process is based on science, then the answer is easy.

6th time [clarifying language added]
    Do you think that available hospital space is important to considering how much to attempt to reduce the R0 value for any disease that might require hospitalization for some percentage of those affected with a disease? I will settle for a simple yes or no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    um we know most survive Nancy 98% around

the issue is if ERs get flooded with sick. the whole medical system could fail resulting in much more > 2% dead

how hard is that to understand? tbqh
    ERs get flooded with sick every year.

Get off your YT and Twitter reposting gig and get a job.
    no they dont Nancy

you just showed your ignorance with that statement

carry on simpleton
    You wouldn't know, no one has tweeted it.

https://www.dispatchhealth.com/blog/...-the-solution/

Emergency Department Visits
    Data are for the U.S.

Number of visits: 139.0 million
    Number of injury-related visits: 40.0 million
    Number of visits per 100 persons: 43.3
    Number of emergency department visits resulting in hospital admission: 14.5 million
    Number of emergency department visits resulting in admission to critical care unit: 2.0 million
    Percent of visits with patient seen in fewer than 15 minutes: 40.4%
    Percent of visits resulting in hospital admission: 10.4%
    Percent of visits resulting in transfer to a different (psychiatric or other) hospital: 2.2%
    Do all those ER visits happen at once?
    Are you saying all these covid people got into a bus and went there at the same time?
    Dishonest people avoid honest questions. That is a strawman lie, an easy demonstration of dishonesty.

Since I can reasonably expect you will not give an honest answer, I will answer for you.

No they do not.

What is the average daily admit to hospitals based on ER visits, per your given stats?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One Of The First California Counties To Reopen Is Closing Again

“We now have a serious problem,”

Lassen County, a county of 30,000 people in the far reaches of Northern California, was one of the first places in the state to reopen in early May.

But this week, it became the first to reverse course because of a resulting
    coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/california-county-reopen-close-again_n_5ed009fcc5b64f10cb09045c?ncid=newsltushpmg news

Having had no cases, so opened up , then got 4 cases that probably infected 4+ others.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 05-29-2020 at 07:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good thing about these riots will end the covid thing
    Yeah the virus will get scared and go away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is very ing simple. Put the murderer in jail and the riots will stop

Don't do it and watch it all burn

When the masses have a very clear simple goal is impossible to stop them. This will not end unless the killer is behind bars

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    double post, stupid slowvenian servers
    I don't think Rasho fans are hosting ST anymore

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sonoma county also opened, now closed

Coronavirus cases ed after these counties reopened. Now, officials are scaling back

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...sfmc_id=665585

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The weather is probably working against the virus spreading. Let's all hope it doesn't come back with a vengeance in October

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The weather is probably working against the virus spreading. Let's all hope it doesn't come back with a vengeance in October
    hope doesnt make viruses dissapear

wave 2 will make wave 1 look like a weekend at Bernies

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "major" is the weasel word, red/slave states with R0 > 1

https://rt.live/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "no major increase" and TX

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    testing? red/slave states doing testing?

Trash "logic": no more testing, every time we test, we find more diseased people. stop testing

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Snacks
    Last edited by FrostKing; 05-29-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope doesnt make viruses dissapear

wave 2 will make wave 1 look like a weekend at Bernies
    you mean flu season in October?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    YOu said the study was bunk. You posted a letter that obviously you think debunks it.

So you don't know whey it is bunk, you just gots the feels that it is.

Got it.
    I posted the letter because ElNono asked what was wrong with the study, and as the letter shows there was plenty wrong with the study.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    so they found some discrepancies and are asking for clarification. Says as much in the letter YOU posted (rofl)

But you keep not posting the quote where they call the data bunk. Would just be such an easy W for you, tbh...

This is actually the easiest argument I had in months, tbh

I don't get somebody to own themselves posting things that don't say what they claim they say.

I also called it early you were ing the ball prematurely, and damn, I got that one right too

So, again, are you standing on that claim based on a gut feeling or just overall butthurtness that it contradicts dear leader?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Willingly ceding US leadership and influence to the EU and China in such an important ins ution is one thing, sealing the country against the possible benefits of cooperation/research and membership is another.

Looks like pure pique and blame shifting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Willingly ceding US leadership and influence to the EU and China in such an important ins ution is one thing, sealing the country against the possible benefits of cooperation/research and membership is another.

Looks like pure pique and blame shifting.
    Just another distraction from a distraction. Trump (and the loyalist party) need someone or something to blame d/t his own failures handling the pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just another distraction from a distraction. Trump (and the loyalist party) need someone or something to blame d/t his own failures handling the pandemic.
    There's *still* a pandemic that needs to be managed. It's not too late for the US to start taking it seriously as a public health problem.

Thread Information