Page 862 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 3627628128528588598608618628638648658668729129621362 ... LastLast
Results 21,526 to 21,550 of 40770
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Bay making a movie for all you Nancies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Michael Bay making a movie for all you Nancies

Let us know how it is after you watch it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

link got blocked

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Masks work, right?

Or maybe not so much since everyone wears them and the virus is still virus-ing.

Europe going back to hard lockdowns

USA would start seeing 100k infections a day next week.

Trump s believing the "we beat the virus" BS from Orangegutan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taiwan didn't believe WHO when it was saying "no person to person trransmission." Otherwise, it did all the things the experts recommend: masking, social distancing, rapid testing, robust social tracing and quarantine for positive cases and new arrivals.

We can't be Taiwan, but we could be a damn sight better if we gave a damn. Not having a national strategy for COVID-19 seven to eight months after the outbreak is worse than rank incompetence, it's callous indifference to human life.
    So feds should have control over states?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

link got blocked
    lol the stupidity never ends

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Biden going to shut down the virus?
    Point is whether or not you overwhelm your healthcare system by having a runaway infection e.

You can shut it down to not overwhelm the healthcare system.

So yeah, he can do that, with a reasonable, scientifically based plan.

Going to require you whiney ty-babies to ing wear masks though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

link got blocked
    Principia Scientific International (PSI) was originally conceived in 2010 after 22 international climate experts and authors joined forces to write the climate science bestseller, ‘Slaying the Sky Dragon: Death of the Greenhouse Gas Theory.’
    The two-volume publication is the world’s first and only detailed refutation of the greenhouse gas effect. According to prominent climate skeptic, Lord Monckton the book soon became ” the talk of the Cancun Climate Conference.”

Lord Monckton, OMFG its THAT loon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point is whether or not you overwhelm your healthcare system by having a runaway infection e.

You can shut it down to not overwhelm the healthcare system.

So yeah, he can do that, with a reasonable, scientifically based plan.

Going to require you whiney ty-babies to ing wear masks though.
    Biden is going to let the virus burn through the population just slow enough as to not overwhelm the hospitals. Is that what you think Biden has been saying?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden is going to let the virus burn through the population just slow enough as to not overwhelm the hospitals. Is that what you think Biden has been saying?
    Nope.

Nice try though.

You whiney ty-babies will have to wear masks.

They work.

Eat it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lord Monckton, OMFG its THAT loon.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    ad hominem

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's wrong because it is factually incorrect. It is, in essence, a lie.

It is not wrong because it is a looney mother er saying it.

Not an ad hominem.

Q.
    E.
    D.

You.
    Stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not an ad hominem.

Q.
    E.
    D.

You.
    Stupid.
    ad hominem

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jamaica also has done well, no cruise ships, no flights, and really no way to handle a pandemic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah they didn't believe the experts like I said. Our experts were still saying the risk is low when I had covid

None of it matters because it's an endemic virus and even the places you think are examples will ultimately have their populations get infected. I mean if you want to give me the realistic scenario in which Joe Biden "stomps out" this virus I'd like to hear it. Keeping in mind that it is everywhere on the planet and forward transmission has been do ented in canines, felines, and muskelids.
    I don't think there is a realistic scenario where it gets stomped out. Pretty much all we can do is mitigate harm until we have an effective vaccine or COVID-19 becomes much less dangerous on its own.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    89K Thu

but probably well over 100K due to insufficient testing and red/Confederate state lying

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not an ad hominem.

Q.
    E.
    D.

You.
    Stupid.
    Remember when you said all Texas, Florida and Georgia would be out of hospitals?

How about when you said kids and teachers would die in schools if they opened...

How about all those heart conditions in athletes.

And your ifr.

You low level math bro

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So feds should have control over states?
    Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Not having a national strategy for COVID-19 seven to eight months after the outbreak is worse than rank incompetence, it's callous indifference to human life."

How does a "national strategy" exist without getting states involved? If you travel any other than locally, you'd see that basic COVID protocol has stark differences between states. In one state you are required to have your temp taken, wear a mask, answer a questionnaire. If you've traveled more than X number of miles in the past X number of days, you cannot enter certain facilities. In the state right next door you can walk leisurely through the airport without a mask. On the flight between those states you may either be jammed right next to another anonymous person who had no COVID screening prior to boarding, or you might have an open middle seat depending on the airline. You might not be able to drink at the hotel bar in one state, but the same chain hotel in another state will have a packed bar.

Tell me about this national strategy.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Not having a national strategy for COVID-19 seven to eight months after the outbreak is worse than rank incompetence, it's callous indifference to human life."

How does a "national strategy" exist without getting states involved? If you travel any other than locally, you'd see that basic COVID protocol has stark differences between states. In one state you are required to have your temp taken, wear a mask, answer a questionnaire. If you've traveled more than X number of miles in the past X number of days, you cannot enter certain facilities. In the state right next door you can walk leisurely through the airport without a mask. On the flight between those states you may either be jammed right next to another anonymous person who had no COVID screening prior to boarding, or you might have an open middle seat depending on the airline. You might not be able to drink at the hotel bar in one state, but the same chain hotel in another state will have a packed bar.

Tell me about this national strategy.
    To get States and localities to work on this together to prevent the spread.
    Its called a coordinated response from the UNITED States.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schooling dmc on what “national strategy” means, damn, who would have thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How does a "national strategy" exist without getting states involved?
    It doesn't, the states have to buy in.

The federal government sets guidelines and coordinates with states to meet them, like we've done in the past. Cooperation, not dirgisme. The feds can't force the states to do anything, but it can help provide the things the states need to fight a pandemic: consistent messaging from public health authorities (admittedly difficult with a novel pathogen we still don't know everything about), logistical planning, PPE, diagnostic testing, contact tracing, R&D for vaccines and theraputics and financial help for states and hospitals. Rent/mortgage and debt moratoriums and unemployment insurance help to buffer economic damage and social dislocation. Paying people to stay home, like they're doing in Canada and the EU, is another smart policy.

States can't deficit spend, so there's at least one strong financial incentive for states to accept federal help. Letting states fight a pandemic like COVID-19 on their own dime eventually involves public layoffs and diminished services. The people get less back for what they pay in taxes, and it's a drag on economic growth. So, there are a couple of political incentives for states to play ball. It seems worth mentioning in passing that uncontrolled pandemics are economically damaging all by themselves, exclusive of mitigation.

There's no need to invent the wheel, the CDC might still be the world's greatest public health bureaucracy, if allowed to do its job. Plenty of untapped ins utional knowledge there, pity it got subordinated to the political needs of Trump/Pence 2020.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 10-30-2020 at 12:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said it better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

link got blocked
    Antonio Sabato Jr

I didn't think you could find a more washed up Hollywood actor/actress than Kirstie Alley to follow. Well done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antonio Sabato Jr

I didn't think you could find a more washed up Hollywood actor/actress than Kirstie Alley to follow. Well done.
    ad hominem

Thread Information