Page 361 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2613113513573583593603613623633643653714114618611361 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,025 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You hear we gave it to tigers in the Bronx Zoo?
    yeah but tell a tiger to self quarantine

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you knew the real story behind that nursing home situation you'd be so ing pissed.
    Has it been published? If not, what's the real story of it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah but tell a tiger to self quarantine
    I just want to see them put the mask on him tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never knew you'd need a ventilator for HAPE. I suspect I had it about eight years ago backpacking around 12,000 feet (there is a checklist of about five symptoms, if you have two you should consider yourself to have it, and I checked 3/5 really clearly and had been dealing with AMS for three days before). It was frightening because I was in amazing shape and couldn't walk ten feet without being exhausted and having to sit for a minute. But as soon as I got down to the road at about 8000 feet I could breath again and by the time I got down to 4000 feet I just felt exhausted but ok.
    Don’t know the details, weren’t discussed in the article. Respiratory therapy extends well beyond my knowledge base.
    HAPE is weird though more related to other dactors, possibly in part genetic than being in shape. There are drugs to treat HAPE, don’t know if any have been tried with COVID. When I use to extreme al ude, above 13,000 feet I would take diamox, a diuretic normally used for hypertension, pretty commonly used by skiers and such who are familiar with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t know the details, weren’t discussed in the article. Respiratory therapy extends well beyond my knowledge base.
    HAPE is weird though more related to other dactors, possibly in part genetic than being in shape. There are drugs to treat HAPE, don’t know if any have been tried with COVID. When I use to extreme al ude, above 13,000 feet I would take diamox, a diuretic normally used for hypertension, pretty commonly used by skiers and such who are familiar with it.
    I don't think HAPE is very well understood. At least it wasn't a decade ago when I was really into hiking and backpacking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope , still not well understood, same as why some healthy young people with COVID get knocked on their asses or die.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Has it been published? If not, what's the real story of it?
    City has been made aware. I can't give you the details but it all starts with one home health company that to this day thinks Covid is overblown and is still sending people out to see pts with no PPE. They even send them to see known covid positive pts without telling them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    City has been made aware. I can't give you the details but it all starts with one home health company that to this day thinks Covid is overblown and is still sending people out to see pts with no PPE. They even send them to see known covid positive pts without telling them.
    Wow how is the city covering this up? should be on the front page of the Express News.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The latest Japan numbers are alarming. We all knew they were keeping numbers down. I was always wondering how tokyo and other metro areas were able to stay out of the news in terms of deaths etc when they're living on top of each other just like NYC

Hopefully it doesn't get too bad there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp, New York's death total jumped past yesterday's.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Click top tweet to see many more states and stats.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Welp, New York's death total jumped past yesterday's.
    New hospitalizations down to 358

IMHE cut its projected hospitalizations in half

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll likely e again. The peak isn't here yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They'll likely e again. The peak isn't here yet.
    Is there science behind this comment or just a gut feeling?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There are those on the left who want nothing to do with a flatter curve (political reasons) - probably some on the right as well (watch it burn..).

I will admit that I really love the lack of traffic to and from my customer sites, but the eerie feeling doesn't leave you even at home. You feel like you should be enjoying your family time and lack of hustle and bustle, but not for this reason (COVID). Instead, I am focused on getting back to killing the Earth.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really encouraged by the new projections and some of the signs of slowing/plateauing in places like NY. I am worried that people and governments are going to let down their vigilance too soon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You hear we gave it to tigers in the Bronx Zoo?
    I blame the tigers for their lack safe social distancing practices. Tigers always playing the victim instead of taking personal responsibility for their actions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there science behind this comment or just a gut feeling?
    A little of both. New cases, hospitalizations, ICU visits, and deaths are all up throughout the state although seem to be slowing based on the past two days in NYC itself. The gut feeling is based on what I've seen out of media coming out of NYC. Sure, it's night and day based on how packed that place usually is, but you still have holdouts and those essential workers who continue to pack subway cars, so I'm a tad pessimistic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am really encouraged by the new projections and some of the signs of slowing/plateauing in places like NY. I am worried that people and governments are going to let down their vigilance too soon.
    This is one of my fears too. I believe it's inevitable honestly. A lot of people I know personally are beginning to have get togethers because they "can't take this anymore ".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people seem to not be aware that flattening of the curve has nothing to do with # of deaths

all those ppl dying right now were infected 10-15 days ago

thats why we will see increase of deaths for a while

the reduction of new cases, thus flattening of the curve wont be appreciated until 10-15 days from now

thats the good news

the bad news is what next? if we start to go out again say in 15 days it goes right back up

we have painted ourselves into a corner and it will be difficult to find anway out

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

Humanity is not mentally equipped to understand that our leaders don't have an answer for this problem. Always eyeing the short term over the long term. Rinse repeat.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed.

Humanity is not mentally equipped to understand that our leaders don't have an answer for this problem. Always eyeing the short term over the long term. Rinse repeat.
    Some people are probably gonna get stupid for dead Jesus weekend.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New hospitalizations down to 358

IMHE cut its projected hospitalizations in half

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Hmmm, I wonder what's happening in NY that's lowering hospitalization?

Thread Information