Page 267 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 1672172572632642652662672682692702712773173677671267 ... LastLast
Results 6,651 to 6,675 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course (they) will. Aside from the base (they) hate him just as much as their Dem counterparts. (Both) want it like it used to be= tired old bag way of doing things.
    So you like the new exciting way. A narcissistic liar who we lacks any consistency, accuracy, or leadership ?
    I will give you it is entertainment, but especially right now, give me Obama back please.

The looming concern I have is the wealth gap grew under Obama and has continued a stronger pattern under Trump.
    The middle class, whatever your definition, seems to be a thing of the past and to me this is very dangerous.
    The bottom 50% of our taxpayers paid 3% of our taxes. The top 50% earners paid 97% of our taxes.

Seriously, wtf?
    This is a diseased pattern that the orange man was making worse, even with his tax breaks to stimulate (pocketed and hidden)
    If half of our nation becomes people without a real reason to care because it just does not matter economically?
    If half of the people in our nation have no skins in the game they will not care about anything concerning a democratic system.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yesterday Girl made me:::

A cornbread.
    Brownies.
    Cooked chocolate pudding.
    Peanut butter cookies.
    Grn bean casserole.
    Ham hocks & beans slow cooked for 12 hours.
    10lbs of mashed potatoes, real potatoes boiled, then mashed.

Today she's making deviled eggs & a pork loin roast.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A cornbread.
    Brownies.
    Peanut butter cookies.
    Grn bean casserole.

Please get some safe exercise.
    And then invite me to your house to eat.

Im getting fish I caught from our gulf. And deer shot from our land (bartered for because I dont hunt but the buddies want fish)
    Its good. But at this point I want more fresh vegetables that are not starches.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Here's a fresh hot story:::

Rhode Island police began stopping cars with New York plates Friday. On Saturday, the National Guard will help them conduct house-to-house searches to find people who traveled from New York and demand 14 days of self-quarantine.
    “Right now we have a pinpointed risk,” Governor Gina Raimondo said. “That risk is called New York City.”
    New York is the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S., on Friday reporting a total of 44,000 cases.

Rhode Island has just over 200, and it has begun an aggressive campaign to keep the virus out and New Yorkers contained, over objections from civil liberties advocates.
    Raimondo, a Democrat, said she had consulted lawyers and said while she couldn’t close the border, she felt confident she could enforce a quarantine.
    Seaside Retreat
    Many New Yorkers have summer houses in Rhode Island, especially in tony Newport, and the governor said the authorities would be checking there.
    “Yesterday I announced and today I reiterated: Anyone coming to Rhode Island in any way from New York must be quarantined,” the governor said. “By order. Will be enforced. Enforceable by law.”

Raimondo signed an executive order Thursday that applies to anyone who has been in New York during the past two weeks and through at least April 25. It doesn’t apply to public health, public safety, or health-care workers.
    National Guard members will be stationed at the T.F. Green airport, Amtrak train stations and at bus stops. The citizen-soldiers will be following up with people at local residences. The maximum penalty for not complying: a fine of $500 and 90 days in prison.

The local chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union blasted the new rules, objecting to the collection of motorists’ contact information in particular.
    “While the Governor may have the power to suspend some state laws and regulations to address this medical emergency, she cannot suspend the Cons ution,” Rhode Island ACLU executive director Steven Brown said in a statement. “Under the Fourth Amendment, having a New York state license plate simply does not, and cannot, cons ute ‘probable cause’ to allow police to stop a car and interrogate the driver, no matter how laudable the goal of the stop may be.”

Police Stops
    Just before 1 p.m. Friday, state police were set up on Interstate 95 northbound, at the rest stop closest to the Connecticut border. A mile or two before that, motorists could see signs ordering all New York passenger vehicles to pull over at the rest stop.
    One trooper could be seen there, checking license plates as cars went by. At the stop itself, a number of officers were assembled around a tent, ready to question vehicle occupants.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whose advice is that besides yours?

Honest question, I've heard zip about masking up before going outside.
    ah

CDC will ask people to don masks about the same time Trump urges Americans to go back to work and cease social distancing.

Pandemic prevention theater, like taking off your shoes and 3.5oz bottles of liquids at airport security checkpoints. Does little to nothing to enhance personal or public safety.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A mask that traps infection is now itself infected, and can infect you and your surfaces.

iow, there's NOTHING easy and simple in defending yourself against this .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah

CDC will ask people to don masks about the same time Trump urges Americans to go back to work and cease social distancing.

Pandemic prevention theater, like taking off your shoes and 3.5oz bottles of liquids at airport security checkpoints. Does little to nothing to enhance personal or public safety.

FYI CDC saying this is wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'We are the laughingstock of the country,'

Mississippi mayor laments after governor's deadly order

Gov. Tate Reeves issued an order overruling mayors and reopening many businesses.

Reeves has made his choice about what’s important, at least in the short term.

“There’s no question that the purpose of the order was to keep businesses open, which is good for the economy,”

“It’s definitely putting protections in place for the state’s economy.

The flipside is that it’s doing that

at the expense of human lives.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/27/1931761/--We-are-the-laughingstock-of-the-country-Mississippi-mayor-laments-after-governor-s-deadly-order?detail=emaildkre
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 03-28-2020 at 12:26 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A cornbread.
    Brownies.
    Peanut butter cookies.
    Grn bean casserole.

I've never tried cooked puddin'. What's it like, Dale? Yesterday Girl made me a sad sammich.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news/bad news here for NY

New cases have slowed down a good bit.

Bad news is deaths have increased by 200+ From 519 to 728 overall.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ah

Good one, Winester. Weird from the get-go about no need for masks,.. "Even could be counter productive, yes! We really can't explain why you don't need them, but, you don't."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Good news/bad news here for NY

New cases have slowed down a good bit.

Bad news is deaths have increased by 200+ From 519 to 728 overall.
    That's gonna hurt on my wager with Splits.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I've never tried cooked puddin'. What's it like, Dale? Yesterday Girl made me a sad sammich.
    Completely different experience. Nothing to compare it to---nothing like Instant. Out of this world, but, it's a process that can't be rushed. You have to slow cook it to a full boil without burning it. If you burn it, it's still edible, but, not near as quality. I burned many as a child where I first discovered it. I'd cook it before mother & father came home from work.

Melts-in-your-mouth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's gonna hurt on my wager with Splits.
    You might as well give up and write the check.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You might as well give up and write the check.
    Not even 1/2 way to a thousand, picky. I'm at 400 a day, give or take. Just have to hold out thru Wednesday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Completely different experience. Nothing to compare it to---nothing like Instant. Out of this world, but, it's a process that can't be rushed. You have to slow cook it to a full boil without burning it. If you burn it, it's still edible, but, not near as quality. I burned many as a child where I first discovered it. I'd cook it before mother & father came home from work.

Melts-in-your-mouth.
    Nice, thanks! I'll try to make some this week.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FYI CDC saying this is wrong.
    I won't be surprised if they do change their recommendation at some point if there is enough supply. Fact is actual N95 masks work, just not the surgical masks that are for a different purpose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ah

called it

damn Im good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    disagree whinehole

masks do provide protection. about 5x compared to no mask (thats surgical. N95 provides 90%+ protection)

AND biggest benefit is it really protects you from infecting others. if everyone wears a mask protection would increase tremendously

called it

glad CDC finally figured it out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh also EVERYONE SHOULD WEAR A MASK OUTSIDE

thats key

unless government and jobs can provide everyone with masks (even surgical masks are ok) and make it a requiement, we are toast

I will call this one more time:

the moment everyonerealizes we HAVE TO WEAR MASKS OUTSIDE life will be able to go as back to normal as possible

I suspect deep state does want to go masks for everyone as it would derail their facial recognition /control plans
    CALLED IT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    slam dunk

with these masks guidelines life will be back to relative normality in 3 months tops

restaurants, ballgames and concerts will still be tough

you have to take the mask off to eat and ballgames are just too crowded

but everything else will be doable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Long thread with a lot of caveats, but the first sign of a curve flattening in NYC. Still early, but this is a sign that the rate is slowing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What will be really interesting but really scary is how much our piecemeal efforts can slow this down. If it slows down, but still grows just at a lower rate, we're in a world of hurt. If our half assed measures work reasonably well, then that actually means we may be able to get back to normal sooner though.

I'm pretty skeptical of the latter, but I'm not an expert so w/e.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    900 die in Italy is today . another record

Thread Information