Page 1560 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 560106014601510155015561557155815591560156115621563156415701610 ... LastLast
Results 38,976 to 39,000 of 40770
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how your PCR test went. But I had a cough and loss of smell and went and got both tests (both came back negative). I'd always heard the PCR was uncomfortable but this wasn't the case for me. Felt just like the quick test. Got a PCR test a week later and it was a swab shoved up to my brain. Came back positive. My guess is that many of the people doing PCR tests are not adequately testing.
    Nah PCR is quite uncomfortable if you're doing it right. I jam that ing swab all the way up my nostril and then do circles counting to 30 in Japanese before going to the next nostril. Though it's not as bad as the initial PCR swab which literally used like a foot long swab. I think I just got a cold that turned out kind of ugly since I hadn't had one in like 3 years thanks to masking and distancing during the worst of the pandemic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...because they don't want that (positive) result. They'd rather whistle past the graveyard and remain untouched.

It's human. We've all been there & done that.
    I don't know about that. I don't think they were trained properly. Why would a doctor's office want to not find something wrong with you?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't know about that. I don't think they were trained properly. Why would a doctor's office want to not find something wrong with you?
    I misunderstood. I thought it was the patient applying the COVID test to themselves and cheating it so as to get a normal response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I misunderstood. I thought it was the patient applying the COVID test to themselves and cheating it so as to get a normal response.
    Bend over, I'll ing show you misunderstood.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no reporting, no problem

New York City suddenly removed its color-coded coronavirus alert system this week just as newer Omicron subvariants are fueling another rise in cases and hospitalizations.

Mayor Eric Adams and health officials quietly took down the city’s high profile alert system that warned New Yorkers when they were at a greater risk of catching the virus and should consider taking more precautions.[/COLOR]
    Now the city’s website reads: “We are re-evaluating the city’s Covid Alert system. Check back here for updates in the coming weeks.”
    https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/01/n...ert-risks.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Boiled down:::
    1,044,000 Americans dead in the ground.
    & counting...

as
    "I will shut it down." Biden
    squats in the White House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Testing has been deemphasized, wastewater assays give us a truer picture of local conditions.

Regional wastewater paints a stark picture of a pandemic that is far from over. While the state’s testing program shows coronavirus case rates to be dropping across much of Northern California, wastewater analysis indicates that in many places, viral spread this month rivals or even exceeds the original omicron surge that swept through the country in January, creating record infections.
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/coronavi...263044553.html

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

1,045,000 Americans dead in the ground.
    & counting...

as

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Libs just can't let the pandemic go

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh no schools requiring shots. The outrage!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll show ya in' outrage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Science

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not mentioned: catching COVID correlates strongly with increased all-cause mortality and reinfection raises the risk progressively.

Also not mentioned, COVID-related T-cell depletion.

Rather than a wall of immunity arising from vaccinations and previous infections, we are seeing wave after wave of new cases and a rapidly growing burden of long-term disease. What’s going on? The latest scientific research has some answers.

During May and June two new variants, BA.4 and BA.5, progressively displaced the previous Omicron subvariant, BA.2. They are even more transmissible and more immune-evasive. Last week a group of collaborators, including me and a professor of immunology and respiratory medicine, Rosemary Boyton, published a paper in Science, looking comprehensively at immunity to the Omicron family, both in triple-vaccinated people and also in those who then suffered breakthrough infections during the Omicron wave. This lets us examine whether Omicron was, as some hoped, a benign natural booster of our Covid immunity. It turns out that isn’t the case.

We considered many facets of immunity, including the antibodies most implicated in protection (“neutralising antibodies”), as well as protective “immune memory” in white blood cells. The results tell us it is unsurprising that breakthrough infections were so common. Most people – even when triple-vaccinated – had 20 times less neutralising antibody response against Omicron than against the initial “Wuhan” strain. Importantly, Omicron infection was a poor booster of immunity to further Omicron infections. It is a kind of stealth virus that gets in under the radar without doing too much to alert immune defences. Even having had Omicron, we’re not well protected from further infections.

Also, to be added to the now complex mix is “immune imprinting”. This is the finding that our immune response to Covid is shaped very differently, depending on our prior exposures – infection in one wave relative to another, plus vaccination. In our study, those who’d been infected in the first wave and then again with Omicron had particularly poor T-cell responses and no boosting of antibodies. That is, some combinations of exposures may leave us poorly protected relative to others.

Contrary to the myth that we are sliding into a comfortable evolutionary relationship with a common-cold-like, friendly virus, this is more like being trapped on a rollercoaster in a horror film. There’s nothing cold-like or friendly about a large part of the workforce needing significant absences from work, feeling awful and sometimes getting reinfected over and over again, just weeks apart. And that’s before the risk of long Covid.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-virus-vaccine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people still scared at these sniffles

Pussies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people still scared at these shots

Pussies

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    canadian cucks

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What is an outkick?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, to be added to the now complex mix is “immune imprinting”. This is the finding that our immune response to Covid is shaped very differently, depending on our prior exposures – infection in one wave relative to another, plus vaccination. In our study, those who’d been infected in the first wave and then again with Omicron had particularly poor T-cell responses and no boosting of antibodies. That is, some combinations of exposures may leave us poorly protected relative to others.
    Wow, it's almost like we couldn't escape the same pattern viruses have had for millennia, it's going to be the same thing till the virus reaches it's level where it just can't be anymore efficient than it already is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, it's almost like we couldn't escape the same pattern viruses have had for millennia, it's going to be the same thing till the virus reaches it's level where it just can't be anymore efficient than it already is
    it's not the wall of immunity and inevitable attenuation of virulence minimizers keep promising, to be sure

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Gee, wrecky, 3 years ago come January that's precisely what the nation's best experts told President Trump in the Oval office..."Americans will die, Mr. President. (Trump: 'oh, me.') Nothing will touch it. It will have to be herded out like 100 years ago, sir."

Within 24 hours those self same experts told President Obama the exact same-damn-thing.
    Within 2 years later those self same experts told Biden the same-damn-thing.

What'd Biden do? "I'll shut it down."

No, you won't.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

1,045,000 Americans dead in the ground.
    & counting...

as