Page 978 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 478878928968974975976977978979980981982988102810781478 ... LastLast
Results 24,426 to 24,450 of 40770
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. COVID-19 vaccine tracker: See your state’s progress

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavir...accine-tracker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DarrinS:

Review of the Emerging Evidence Demonstrating the Efficacy of Ivermectin in the Prophylaxis and Treatment of COVID-19

There's no money in it, so it will never be recommended. Meanwhile, we're still using worthless redesivir at 3K per treatment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked a question about a year ago in this thread. Would you rather get covid early on, before hospitals were slammed, but docs may not have learned best practices? Or, would you rather get it late, with the uncertainty of hospital capacity, but docs have more understanding of the disease and treatment?

You definitely didn't want to get this early.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And why are we waiting to treat people until they're seriously ill?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And why are we waiting to treat people until they're seriously ill?
    Because people wait till they are seriously ill before they go in?

~1/4 of Texans do NOT have health insurance now. It was ~ 20% in 2019, this is a possibility.

It is also clear that health insurance companies are wanting bills due coming in now so... "crap, look at this, dont you go in"

Its is also pretty clear people still think is "just sniffles", but it goes bad fast.

Also this whole mess was turned into a political football instead of a very large health problem we all share. Some people looked at death rate compared to other virus and thought, WTF, this is nothing. Not realizing so many more people would get this virus. There is a time for %s and a time for shear numbers, people like to play games with stats to comfort themselves, or to just make a political point in a way they deem favorable.

my partial take...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

~1/4 of Texans do NOT have health insurance now. It was ~ 20% in 2019, this is a possibility.

It is also clear that health insurance companies are wanting bills due coming in now so... "crap, look at this, dont you go in"

Its is also pretty clear people still think is "just sniffles", but it goes bad fast.

Also this whole mess was turned into a political football instead of a very large health problem we all share. Some people looked at death rate compared to other virus and thought, WTF, this is nothing. Not realizing so many more people would get this virus. There is a time for %s and a time for shear numbers, people like to play games with stats to comfort themselves, or to just make a political point in a way they deem favorable.

my partial take...
    Not true. People diagnosed with COVID and having symptoms are told to stay home and self medicate unless they are having difficulty breathing. Even then some hospitals send people home with O2 and a monitor.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not true. People diagnosed with COVID and having symptoms are told to stay home and self medicate unless they are having difficulty breathing. Even then some hospitals send people home with O2 and a monitor.
    I remember this being more of a thing early on when hospitals were loaded.
    I dont think it happens as much now. Its also age dependent, now younger people make up a larger % of cases.
    If they even get far enough to see or hear a doctor to explain what type of breathing problems. Some people just dont know whats bad before its way late. Some people think its allergies and their nose is stuffed up. People react to being sick very differently: Im fine (they can barely move), or the go to the doc just to talk (some older folks like to visit)

Anywhose... its wide ranging imo.

aside as to not take up too many threads:

You posted to me you dont get out of the boat to wade fish? whats up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my partial take...

Also, big pharma actively pushed back against cheap therapeutics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, big pharma actively pushed back against cheap therapeutics.
    But they gave remdesivir to the first Chinese patient in Seattle.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I put zero stock in the anitibody studies. They've been wrong the whole way through and not just a little wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I put zero stock in the anitibody studies. They've been wrong the whole way through and not just a little wrong.
    your perspective is surely deeper than mine, why do you think so?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TC won't tell his cult mob, but has anti-vaxxer Carlson been vaccinated?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember this being more of a thing early on when hospitals were loaded.
    I dont think it happens as much now. Its also age dependent, now younger people make up a larger % of cases.
    If they even get far enough to see or hear a doctor to explain what type of breathing problems. Some people just dont know whats bad before its way late. Some people think its allergies and their nose is stuffed up. People react to being sick very differently: Im fine (they can barely move), or the go to the doc just to talk (some older folks like to visit)

Anywhose... its wide ranging imo.

aside as to not take up too many threads:

You posted to me you dont get out of the boat to wade fish? whats up?
    Manage mildly ill patients at home
    When possible, manage mildly ill patients with COVID-19 at home.

Assess the patient’s ability to safely self-isolate and monitor their symptoms at home and assess the risk of the virus spreading to others in the patient’s home environment.
    Provide clear instructions to caregivers and people who are sick regarding home care, including when and how to access the healthcare system for in-person care or urgent/emergent conditions.
    Identify staff to monitor patients at home with daily check-ins using telephone calls, texts, patient portals, or other means, if possible.
    Engage local public health resources, home health services, and community organizations to assist with support services (such as delivery of food, medication, and other goods) for patients isolating at home.
    (from the CDC)

When you see an 8 foot bull shark take a 30" redfish from you 4' away in one gulp, you get second thoughts about wading. That said, I've been getting back into it with a guide/friend and re-learning how to read the water, wind and tide currents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This makes no sense to me, how does excluding asymptomatic breakthroughs "improve the data?"

Looks like it excludes the data most threatening to the manufacturer.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...ugh-cases.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tucker doesnt gaf. he says whatever he does to maximize ratings. he knows that in addition to QOP covid denial, there's a big pool of anti-vaxxers who go across party lines. draw those views as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tucker has 100% been vaccinated

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In April, the CDC issued new guidance to laboratories recommending reducing the RT-PCR CT value to 28 cycles — but only for those fully vaccinated individuals being tested for COVID.

In an RT-PCR test — the gold standard for detecting SARS-CoV-2 — RNA is extracted from the swab collected from the patient. It is then converted into DNA, which is then amplified.

CT, or cycle threshold, is a value that emerges during RT-PCR tests. A CT value refers to the number of cycles needed to amplify viral RNA to reach a detectable level.

According to the Indian Council of Medical Research, a patient is considered positive for COVID if the CT value is below 35. In other words, if the virus is detectable after 35 cycles or earlier, then the patient is considered positive.

Dr. Anthony Fauci recommends a CT value of 35. Globally, the accepted cut-off for CT value for COVID ranges between 35 and 40, depending on instructions from manufacturers of testing equipment.

“If the benchmark were to be lowered to 24 it would mean that CT values in the range 25-34 would not be considered positive,” according to the Indian Council of Medical Research, as reported by The Indian Express. “A benchmark of 35, therefore, means that more patients would be considered positive than we would get if the benchmark were 24.”

In other words, lowering CT threshold parameter may lead to missing infectious persons.

Well that's one way to make cases go down

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In April, the CDC issued new guidance to laboratories recommending reducing the RT-PCR CT value to 28 cycles — but only for those fully vaccinated individuals being tested for COVID.

In an RT-PCR test — the gold standard for detecting SARS-CoV-2 — RNA is extracted from the swab collected from the patient. It is then converted into DNA, which is then amplified.

CT, or cycle threshold, is a value that emerges during RT-PCR tests. A CT value refers to the number of cycles needed to amplify viral RNA to reach a detectable level.

According to the Indian Council of Medical Research, a patient is considered positive for COVID if the CT value is below 35. In other words, if the virus is detectable after 35 cycles or earlier, then the patient is considered positive.

Dr. Anthony Fauci recommends a CT value of 35. Globally, the accepted cut-off for CT value for COVID ranges between 35 and 40, depending on instructions from manufacturers of testing equipment.

“If the benchmark were to be lowered to 24 it would mean that CT values in the range 25-34 would not be considered positive,” according to the Indian Council of Medical Research, as reported by The Indian Express. “A benchmark of 35, therefore, means that more patients would be considered positive than we would get if the benchmark were 24.”

In other words, lowering CT threshold parameter may lead to missing infectious persons.

Well that's one way to make cases go down
    to be fair we only had so many cases because we test too much!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the quality of Repugs who served all 4 years for Trash

Peter Navarro Pushes Batty Conspiracy Theory That Dr. Fauci Has ‘Killed Millions of Americans’

Peter Navarro hates Dr. Anthony Fauci.

Navarro just offered plenty by pronouncing Fauci the “father” of the coronavirus,

claiming Fauci wanted to “weaponize” it, and

somehow assigning him blame for for “millions” of Americans dying.

appeared on Steve Bannon’s podcast

to bash Fauci with the
    false insinuation that the NIAID helped create the coronavirus by funding research at the Wuhan Ins ute of Virology.

Navarro claimed Fauci and Daszak were involved in the process to “weaponize” viruses,

and that Fauci was setting up his colleague to be a “fall guy.”

Even after the Trump presidency ended, Navarro has kept railing at Fauci by
    calling him “the father of the virus” and

claiming “He allowed the Chinese Communist Party, the People’s Liberation Army to genetically engineer a virus using gain of function.”

Fauci wanted to weaponize the virus.

He is the father of it.

He has killed millions of Americans if that thing came from the lab, and now it’s 99.99 percent sure it did.”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/peter-...-of-americans/

Spain detected covid-19 in March 2019

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Damn, hater called it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair we only had so many cases because we test too much!
    Testing has been going down since January

Test less and call positive tests negative

Biden's America

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Testing has been going down since January

Test less and call positive tests negative

Biden's America
    undertesting, confused messaging and massaging the numbers are points of continuity rather than contrast, imho

Thread Information