Page 1563 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 563106314631513155315591560156115621563156415651566156715731613 ... LastLast
Results 39,051 to 39,075 of 40782
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    flying blind is a foolish way to live with an airborne pathogen as contagious and destructive as COVID

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My son got it, (lives out of state) did not tell mother and father until six months later. He said it was like nothing he'd ever had before...like it was killing his DNA. It became worse,,,got 1/2 way to the hospital ER...pulled over, did a U turn and returned to his apartment where he made his stand. "Daddy-O, if I'd a went in there they'd a stuffed a ventilator down my throat and I'd be dead."

Yups. Best decision if you have a bd Covid is to fight it at home. DO NOT GO TO A KILLING CENTER. I MEAN A HOSPITAL.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Schumer now has covid,,,another VACCINATED person that has caught it. The democrats duped their idiot followers like they always do,,,the vaccine works?,,,lmao. Just like they duped them for 3 years saying Trump colluded with Russia,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Immune escape. A virus is a moving target.

Flu is taken seriously enough that we have an annual vaccine, why not COVID. The lack of a Warp Speed 2.0 is a horrendous oversight.

If only we took COVID as seriously as we take the flu..

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump s still don't understand anything

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Boiled down:::
    1,047,000 Americans dead in the ground.
    & counting...

as
    "I will shut it down." Biden
    squats in the White House.

~~~~~~~~~
    & the beat goes on!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing wack a mole with variant specific vaccines is not a good strategy. By the time you make one a new one, a new one emerges with immune invasion.

I'm done with boosters unless a new variant emerges that is more dangerous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid is turning into something similar to a Windows update. Do you have version 2.78.2 yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing wack a mole with variant specific vaccines is not a good strategy. By the time you make one a new one, a new one emerges with immune invasion.

I'm done with boosters unless a new variant emerges that is more dangerous.
    So long as boosters continue to keep people out of the hospital and the graveyard, seems like a no-brainer to keep getting them.

(*shrugs*)

More broadly protective vaccines and intranasal vaccines that confer mucosal immunity could be available next year. Lots of info here about what's in the pipeline:

https://www.who.int/publications/m/i...idate-vaccines
    https://www.bio.org/policy/human-hea...peline-tracker
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41573-022-00074-6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid is turning into something similar to a Windows update. Do you have version 2.78.2 yet?
    We update flu vaccines annually. Coronaviruses are more challenging, but regularly updating the shots is hardly an exotic concept.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We update flu vaccines annually. Coronaviruses are more challenging, but regularly updating the shots is hardly an exotic concept.
    It's mutating so fast that the vaccines can't keep up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's mutating so fast that the vaccines can't keep up.
    maybe we should try harder to make better vaccines. or maybe you've given up already and joined the nothing can be done crew.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So long as boosters continue to keep people out of the hospital and the graveyard, seems like a no-brainer to keep getting them.

(*shrugs*)

More broadly protective vaccines and intranasal vaccines that confer mucosal immunity could be available next year. Lots of info here about what's in the pipeline:

The virus has become the intranasal booster. 80% of the population already infected, your time is coming grandpa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe we should try harder to make better vaccines. or maybe you've given up already and joined the nothing can be done crew.
    What vaccine are you currently developing? Oh none? I guess you've given up too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I think doesn't change reality, but you just keep going with "hopes and prayers" that the vaccines can keep up. They haven't even gotten the omacron vaccine out yet and its mutated like 5 times since then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *yawns

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats a good way to catch it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I think doesn't change reality, but you just keep going with "hopes and prayers" that the vaccines can keep up. They haven't even gotten the omacron vaccine out yet and its mutated like 5 times since then.
    This doesn't help...

More Than 82 Million COVID Vaccine Doses Wasted in U.S.: Report

June 7, 2022 – The U.S. threw out 82.1 million COVID-19 vaccine doses between December 2020 and mid-May 2022, tossing about 11% of the doses distributed.

Pharmacies, states, territories, and federal agencies got rid of doses that expired on shelves before they could be used, that spoiled when the power went out or freezers broke, and that were tossed at the end of the day when no one used the remaining doses in an opened vial, according to NBC News.

The overall number of discarded doses falls in line with public health estimates for large vaccination campaigns using multidose vials, according to the World Health Organization’s vaccine wastage rates calculator. But public health experts have said the waste is still alarming when 53% of fully vaccinated Americans haven’t gotten a booster shot.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...sted-us-report

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the ones we rolled out a year and a half ago -- astonishingly good ones, right off the bat, BTW -- still protect people from hospitalization and death. there's no reason to think generation two vaccines won't be as good or better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

(*shrugs*)

7 minute mark. Is it really though getting priority ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    7 minute mark. Is it really though getting priority ?
    Getting priority? No.

Biden has completely abandoned any emphasis on public health and vaccines in favor of a back to normal political narrative that ignores a changed reality and amount to an ethic of mass infection and death. I agree with the doc in the vid that we should hasten intranasal and 2nd generation vaccines. Hopefully they'll be more durable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information