Page 448 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 3483984384444454464474484494504514524584985489481448 ... LastLast
Results 11,176 to 11,200 of 40770
    faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'd be wasting money. The other day I try making rice and it came out like paste.
    dude, rice cooker and air fryer. get those two and you can basically make any dish with meat/fish, vegetables, and rice. watch a YouTube or two if you need too. I'm too impatient/scatter brained to enjoy cooking every night tbh but this has made it a lot easier imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I gotta make some mole poblano. It's like 23 ingredients for Rick Bayless' recipe and makes my kitchen look like a warzone when I make it but you could put it on a shoe and it would be ing delicious and it freezes great too.
    Damn scrah I aint no different.

But mole poblano is one of those things you cook every two weeks man. s too complicated and takes too long to prepare and cook. Everyd damn video says it takes 1 hour..how the is that even possible. I swear theres always an added 30 minutes to the advertised time it takes to cook.

I just cook rice and chicken in a pan with some sauce.

but summers should open up grilling options.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn scrah I aint no different.

But mole poblano is one of those things you cook every two weeks man. s too complicated and takes too long to prepare and cook. Everyd damn video says it takes 1 hour..how the is that even possible. I swear theres always an added 30 minutes to the advertised time it takes to cook.

I just cook rice and chicken in a pan with some sauce.

but summers should open up grilling options.
    Every two weeks? No way man, way too complicated to want to make that often. I make a gallon of it at time and freeze it and have mole for months. Then I can just throw it on some crap shredded chicken or pulled pork and it's amazing. Best part of cooking mole poblano though is when you take some of the raisins and fry them in the manteca you used to cook your chiles. You end up with y bacon flavored grapes. I always buy extra raisins when making mole since I know I'm going to plow through those while cooking. And one hour? No way. Takes me at least four hours counting prep to do mole poblano. You're always toasting something then grinding something else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best part of Mexican cooking though is so much of it is easy and slow cooked. Like pozole you just do nothing for 8-9 hours once you get it started. Or charro beans I just do nothing for 3-4 hours once I get them started (I like them really mushy though).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not cheap. I can afford to buy food. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every two weeks? No way man, way too complicated to want to make that often. I make a gallon of it at time and freeze it and have mole for months. Then I can just throw it on some crap shredded chicken or pulled pork and it's amazing. Best part of cooking mole poblano though is when you take some of the raisins and fry them in the manteca you used to cook your chiles. You end up with y bacon flavored grapes. I always buy extra raisins when making mole since I know I'm going to plow through those while cooking. And one hour? No way. Takes me at least four hours counting prep to do mole poblano. You're always toasting something then grinding something else.

Mole is ng disgusting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way I'd go to restaurants in New York while you guys are the world capital of the pandemic though. I don't even go to them in San Antonio any more and we only have around 30 dead locally, with almost half of them from one ed up nursing home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mole is ng disgusting
    It's weird because it's one of those dishes I have never been impressed by at a US restaurant and have never been anything but blown away by in Mexico, even in holes like Tijuana and Nuevo Laredo. I think it's because two of the three chiles you need are pretty expensive in the US so US restaurants get cheap and cut corners. But Rick Bayless' recipe for mole poblano is killer if you can get the chile mulatos.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no way I'd go to restaurants in New York while you guys are the world capital of the pandemic though. I don't even go to them in San Antonio any more and we only have around 30 dead locally, with almost half of them from one ed up nursing home.
    Saw some doctor or an expert on CNN a while ago talk about how ordering food is fine because the heat kills any bacteria that might get in the food or some like that. If food was an issue we'd know about it by now anyways.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has do with a laundry list of regulations that prevent us from adapting. From the top regulations that made us over reliant on the CDCs botched test all the way down.
    South Korea has an FDA, and their CDC is modeled after ours. Why were they able to hammer this thing down like no one's business in a timely manner? "Regulation" or lackthereof isn't the only culprit here. I'm unsure of the exact reasons why the CDC, once the world's gold standard in the field, dropped the ball so hard. Lack of funding? Straight up incompetence? Who knows. But regulation probably didn't have much to do with it, as South Korea has shown.

And the "free market" was selling off PPE to the highest bidders, forcing Trump to actually seize shipments.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw some doctor or an expert on CNN a while ago talk about how ordering food is fine because the heat kills any bacteria that might get in the food or some like that. If food was an issue we'd know about it by now anyways.
    I'm not worried about the virus in the food, I'm worried about it on the food and on the packaging, plus the exposure to people if I'm going out twice a day to pick food up.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    South Korea has an FDA, and their CDC is modeled after ours. Why were they able to hammer this thing down like no one's business in a timely manner? "Regulation" or lackthereof isn't the only culprit here. I'm unsure of the exact reasons why the CDC, once the world's gold standard in the field, dropped the ball so hard. Lack of funding? Straight up incompetence? Who knows. But regulation probably didn't have much to do with it, as South Korea has shown.

And the "free market" was selling off PPE to the highest bidders, forcing Trump to actually seize shipments.
    The point is not to be in position where you are dependent on the CDC not f'ing up. Just because South Korea was able to succeed this time doesn't mean the system is optimal. Bad poker players win tournaments because there is variance. Good poker players win more overtime with an optimal strategy.

Free market selling stuff to other countries still saves lives. This is only problematic from the perspective of wanting to protect our own. I share that perspective but it's not inherently wrong to not have that perspective.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    plus the exposure to people if I'm going out twice a day to pick food up.
    Of course I'm not doing that. I order enough food to last for the day of+ the next. Sometimes I can stretch it into the third day. Same thing when getting pizza.

Right now I'm more worried about eating too much of the latter and getting unhealthy. That and the unproductivity are the main things for me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I gotta make some mole poblano. It's like 23 ingredients for Rick Bayless' recipe and makes my kitchen look like a warzone when I make it but you could put it on a shoe and it would be ing delicious and it freezes great too.
    I got his book in my shelve u ma niga

I love his tortilla soup n green enchiladas

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point is not to be in position where you are dependent on the CDC not f'ing up. Just because South Korea was able to succeed this time doesn't mean the system is optimal. Bad poker players win tournaments because there is variance. Good poker players win more overtime with an optimal strategy.

Free market selling stuff to other countries still saves lives. This is only problematic from the perspective of wanting to protect our own. I share that perspective but it's not inherently wrong to not have that perspective.
    How much should a COVID-19 test cost retail?

And why do you trust Trump?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Corona seasoning comes free tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope u are cleaning the packages, disposing of them, disinfecting and heating up the food again to kill the virus that might have gotten through handling/packaging

thats a lot of work/risk to do daily

might as well cook rice

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pro-death party:
    Speaking with radio station WIBC in Indiana, Republican Rep. Trey Hollingsworth asserted that, while he appreciated the science behind the virus' spread, "it is always the American government's position to say, in the choice between the loss of our way of life as Americans and the loss of life, of American lives, we have to always choose the latter."
    "The social scientists are telling us about the economic disaster that is going on. Our (Gross Domestic Product) is supposed to be down 20% alone this quarter," Hollingsworth said. "It is policymakers' decision to put on our big boy and big girl pants and say it is the lesser of these two evils. It is not zero evil, but it is the lesser of these two evils and we intend to move forward that direction. That is our responsibility and to abdicate that is to insult the Americans that voted us into office."
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/14/polit...rus/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

fake news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Well, South Korea has proven the concept, so you can't argue from counterfactuals here. Free market doesn't care about lives. They follow the profit. That's the point of mentioning their selling of equipment to the highest bidder. A model that doesn't care about lives is fundamentally incompatible with healthcare's goal of "do no harm."

Do you know why we have to lockdown? Because as I've told you before, our profit-driven healthcare system runs to the edge of max capacity every year because that's the best way to keep overhead as low as possible and still provide some measure of quality. Only in comparatively affluent areas where the citizens can afford private health insurance might there be a surplus of beds. In low income and rural areas, that isn't the case. And why isn't it? Because there's no profit to made there.

“Hospital beds and ICU beds have cropped up where the economics can support them,” she said. “We lack capacity everywhere, but there are pretty big differences in terms of per capita resources.”
    The "free market" can't solve a problem when there's no profit motive driving it toward solving that problem. Would you open up a Rolex boutique in Gary, Indiana? Of course not. Same thing with healthcare. No point in having a great healthcare facility in some po'dunk town when the citizens will be unable to afford it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I got his book in my shelve u ma niga

I love his tortilla soup n green enchiladas
    Every single thing I have made from Bayless' cookbooks has been amazing. mrsmaalox got me turned on to his recipes and other than the mole, they're pretty easy to make on top of being outstanding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U.S. intelligence agencies are investigating whether the coronavirus may have leaked from a Chinese lab in Wuhan, the city where the pandemic is generally thought to have begun, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff said Tuesday.

According to a report by Bill Gertz in The Washington Times, Army Gen. Mark A. Milley, the nation’s senior military officer, told reporters that initial assessments suggest COVID-19's emergence appears to have been “natural,” occurring as a consequence of animal-to-human transmission.

However, the outlet said, he referenced published reports that the virus may have escaped from a research laboratory.

“It should be no surprise that we’ve taken a keen interest in that and we’ve had a lot of intelligence [agencies] take a hard look at that,” Milley said, according to The Times. “I would just say at this point it’s inconclusive although the weight of evidence seems to indicate natural.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every single thing I have made from Bayless' cookbooks has been amazing. mrsmaalox got me turned on to his recipes and other than the mole, they're pretty easy to make on top of being outstanding.
    I just realized I can get his Authentic Mexican eBook through Prime for free. I grew up cooking just about everything Mexican but new recipes never hurt. Gonna check it out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hope u are cleaning the packages, disposing of them, disinfecting and heating up the food again to kill the virus that might have gotten through handling/packaging

thats a lot of work/risk to do daily

might as well cook rice
    I rub everything down with alcohol my dude.

But say I get the rice right. Do you think I’m gonna be cooking rice every day? That’s a once a week thing.

I can do small things like mashed potato, tostones and stuff like that. I just suck at the complex stuff like add oils, butter, 3 cup of water, salt.

Oh and btw, stir the then keep coming back to turn the rice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information