Page 714 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2146146647047107117127137147157167177187247648141214 ... LastLast
Results 17,826 to 17,850 of 40770
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Protect them from what? According to WHO, healthy and asymptomatic people aren’t a threat to spread the virus to the business owners nor their employees.
    To quote my response to chump:

Yeah especially how she's defining asymptomatic. If I had a light headache I wouldn't consider that symptomatic and would probably think it was from high mold count or maybe I didn't drink enough fluids or something like that, but it sound like that would be considered symptomatic by her definition.

--------------------------------

And you guys are the ones saying bakers shouldn't have to make gay wedding cakes, but you get your panties in a bunch if a business owner wants to require masks?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Protect them from what? According to WHO, healthy and asymptomatic people aren’t a threat to spread the virus to the business owners nor their employees.
    She never said anything about not being a threat. She just said it was "rare" and what does that even mean?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With this new information it’s now pointless if you are not sick. If you are sick don’t go out in public, just like any other time you are sick.
    Or if you're pre-symptomatic with non-COVID symptoms, whatever the that means.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a business owner wants to force customers to wear masks to protect themselves and their employees I don't get the freakout from the right about having to adhere to it.
    I don't see anyone freaking out over it. I thought it was good news.

And, no, I don't think this means pandemic over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your are infected, then the virus can keep multiplying, you're shedding virus on other people,

and then eventually, having on other people's lives, you get symptoms.

The people you infected may get very ill or die, but you're OK, so everybody else.

Me First, and Me Only aka The Trash Ethic

Is there any part of social life where rightwingnutjobs have ANY humanity?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see anyone freaking out over it. I thought it was good news.

And, no, I don't think this means pandemic over.
    I'm numb to "good news" from one study after how much "good news" has turned out to not be true in this pandemic so far. And she has such a narrow definition of asymptomatic.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    To quote my response to chump:

Yeah especially how she's defining asymptomatic. If I had a light headache I wouldn't consider that symptomatic and would probably think it was from high mold count or maybe I didn't drink enough fluids or something like that, but it sound like that would be considered symptomatic by her definition.

--------------------------------

And you guys are the ones saying bakers shouldn't have to make gay wedding cakes, but you get your panties in a bunch if a business owner wants to require masks?
    I never said anything about bakers making gays a cake and I don’t care if a business requires a mask, I’m just trying to figure out what the point is anymore after this info from WHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm numb to "good news" from one study after how much "good news" has turned out to not be true in this pandemic so far. And she has such a narrow definition of asymptomatic.
    I also think the track record of areas that use the masks are just too good to ignore. Poor ass countries like Slovakia kicked our asses with their response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said anything about bakers making gays a cake and I don’t care if a business requires a mask, I’m just trying to figure out what the point is anymore after this info from WHO.
    I'm not convinced you got past the le card of the video.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Interesting that hospitalizations in wuhan and tongi were double from the year before in October

Interesting that frantic internet searches in China about symptoms skyrocketed in October and November

Yep, he knee in November
    You heard it here

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really want to believe that 113k are dead in the US because knowingly sick people decided everyone else, I'm still going out in public, I don't give two s who gets my virus?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really want to believe that 113k are dead in the US because knowingly sick people decided everyone else, I'm still going out in public, I don't give two s who gets my virus?
    Seems quite the reverse to me.

We hunkered down hard and bent the curve. Would have been a large multiple of today's tally had we done nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, cheers to everyone who hunkered down hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a random citzen, I am impressed by my fellow citizens in Austin everyday.

I don't think much of the government at any level, but am still impressed with the ability of people to pull together, in a million bajilion political and non-political ways everyday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren’t something like 40% of the dead from nursing homes though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weren’t something like 40% of the dead from nursing homes though?
    Don't know the national figure, but that's pretty much what it has been with San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amarillo and Dallas are the places to watch in Texas right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As a random citzen, I am impressed by my fellow citizens in Austin everyday.

I don't think much of the government at any level, but am still impressed with the ability of people to pull together, in a million bajilion political and non-political ways everyday.
    I saw nobody in crowded HEB today w/o mask

NZ has declared victory, no new cases for many days.

N Zealanders' solidarity now giving them pride in their country and its social cohesion, united-ness against a mortal threat

whereas in USA ... divided, polarized, non-cooperative, govt-hating as as the spread continues in ignorant ing red states

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WHO’s new announcement about COVID-19 was a huge mistake

experts are saying was a gigantic mistake.

The announcement addressed this question:

Can people infected with COVID-19 who don’t display any symptoms still transmit the infection to others?

For months now, public health officials have said yes, and

this fact has driven many of the extreme measures countries across the world have taken in response.

But in a CNBC article of course, back to work!

published Monday reported WHO officials suggesting at a recent briefing in Geneva that

transmission from people without symptoms is “very rare.”

It seemed to suggest to some — erroneously, it’s now clear — that social distancing is not nearly as important as has been assumed.

A CNBC tweet about the story initially conveyed a much stronger message than even was WHO officials explicitly said, that

asymptomatic people don’t spread the virus.

it seems WHO’s discussion of “asymptomatic” transmission of the virus

focuses on a narrow subset of people who never have symptoms, or have very mild symptoms.

The problem is it’s impossible, at first, to tell these people apart from the group that is pre-symptomatic — those that have been infected but have not yet developed symptoms.

And there’s
    extensive evidence to believe that these people can transmit the virus to others,

which explains why it can spread so easily.

People who haven’t experienced their symptoms yet are more likely to be out and about, allowing the virus to spread more widely.

“Asymptomatic persons seem to account for approximately 40% to 45% of SARS-CoV-2 infections, and

they can transmit the virus to others for an extended period, perhaps longer than 14 days.”

“We haven’t seen a lot of evidence of fully asymptomatic people transmitting to many others (though admittedly these tracing studies are hard to do).

Pre-symptomatic transmission, on the other hand, is why SARS-CoV-2 has been harder to control than SARS-CoV,”

“Abundant data now shows that

WHO’s new announcement, he said, “is going to mislead many people and is based on flawed evidence due to how it was collected.”

“an irresponsible statement even though it was based on legitimate observations.”

WHO, ... wasn’t recommending people change their behavior based off these findings.

the damage may already be done. Thanks, CNBC

A small amount of misinformation can spread quickly,

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/who...-huge-mistake/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shutdowns prevented 60 million coronavirus infections in the United States

about 18% of the country’s population avoided a coronavirus infection as a result, likely reducing the death toll by six or seven figures.

early infection rates increased by 43 percent per day on average

both in the United States and in five other countries including
    China, France, Iran, Italy and South Korea.

“We find that the deployment of anti-contagion policies in all six countries significantly and substantially slowed the pandemic,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/shutdowns-prevented-60-million-coronavirus-infections-in-the-united-states-report/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on, people. The US and it's leadership failed hard this time. There is no way around it. We're sitting here debating over the right to sneeze on the produce at Von's when ing third world holes like Vietnam kicked our ass (again). We should be ashamed; the best we can do is a country is say "But did you die?" and lie about the people who did actually die.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Come on, people. The US and it's leadership failed hard this time. There is no way around it. We're sitting here debating over the right to sneeze on the produce at Von's when ing third world holes like Vietnam kicked our ass (again). We should be ashamed; the best we can do is a country is say "But did you die?" and lie about the people who did actually die.
    Lol spain uk Brazil... you cant even do simple math

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol spain uk Brazil... you cant even do simple math
    You have never posted any numbers or math. The US failed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have never posted any numbers or math. The US failed.
    Lol you dont even know what failed means. Lol gossip queen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol you dont even know what failed means. Lol gossip queen
    You have failed to post any numbers.

Thread Information