Page 360 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2603103503563573583593603613623633643704104608601360 ... LastLast
Results 8,976 to 9,000 of 40782
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    i guess darrin's not anti-christ anymore

you praying now, darrin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Stop being so passive aggressive" says the guy with the Pavlov troll account and God knows how many others

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea what you are talking about "AIDS hoax". It smells like bull from a mile away.
    Like to see a link on that supposed statement. Otherwise complete bull by someone just trying to cast shade on Fauci for his hero.
    Last edited by picnroll; 04-06-2020 at 04:49 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I heard some positive information about ventilators tonight.

Weird how Dr. Darrin responded to it.
    One article from one ins ution said they were finding better results if ventilators were used at lower power pressure like would be used for high al ude pulmonary edema than high positive high pressure as is used for ARDS which is the way it’s being used now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Japan’s Abe to declare state of emergency to cover major cities Tokyo, Osaka as infections rise sharply

TOKYO — Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said he will declare a state of emergency on Tuesday to cover seven prefectures, including Tokyo and the city of Osaka, which are the most severely affected by the coronavirus outbreak.

“The period will be for one month as a rough estimate, and this declaration is issued in order to ask for more cooperation from the public to reduce as much as possible people-to-people contact that could lead to infections, and to establish the medical system to deal with the situation,” he said.

Abe said he would also announce an “unprecedented” economic rescue package on Tuesday equivalent to around 20 percent of the gross domestic product.

“We must keep protecting employment,” he said.

Under the state of emergency, people will be asked to refrain from going outdoors, but no legal penalties will be imposed for non-compliance. Companies may be asked to tell employees to work from home, and schools may be closed, but trains will continue to run and supermarkets will stay open.

Infections have begun to rise sharply in Japan over the past two weeks, with around 360 new cases found on Sunday, bringing the number of people who have contracted the virus to 3,865, with 93 deaths, not including cases and fatalities from the Diamond Princess cruise ship.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...s-latest-news/

---

so much for Japan doing well...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

ing WHO is coddling China and we can prolly blame that useless organization for this pandemic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have to hope seasonality plays a role and will offset that impatience. But Summer shouldn't be used to "get back to work" and try to rebuild the base economy. Summer needs to be used to fully prepare ourselves for the second Fall/Winter waves. Full on WWII type mobilization. Ventilator manufacturing, PPE manufacturing, mass testing, converting what ever structures we can find into hospitals. A massive "public works" project like this will also contribute to the economic rebuild. Probably won't happen, though. We'll get complacent. It's the new American way.
    Yep. He'll campaign on some "summer of recovery" pla ude leading into the election. I do believe this bug is likely seasonal and we'll see case counts and deaths fall to manageable levels over the Summer, leading people to believe we've beaten it. Trump will hold some bull feel good rally, probably 4th of July, declaring Covid defeated and America reopened for business. Then when late Oct. rolls around, we'll watch this same movie again.
    The other (and still scary) side to this is that we'll have to lean on the private sector developing some kind of miracle treatment by October. Obviously there won't be a vaccine, but will there be some kind of anti-viral treatment?

The sad thing is that a massive medical and technology infrastructure program a) is exactly what's needed and b) can be touted as Phase IV of the stimulus. Dear Leader could pass himself off as a modern day FDR. But he obviously won't, which is a silver lining I suppose ...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you'll recall (they) threw heterosexuals into the melee in that circa. It was a lie, but, they weren't going to let the gays stand the gaffe alone. I knew it was a ruse, but, I'd done some things outside the marriage in that circa so it was one of those times where I ran straight to God in blind panic..."God, please..."
    how many bulls did you bend over for?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're just being a huge asshole on this point.

Regardless of your political affiliation, you don't want to be on a respirator. Trust me.
    If my chances of living are increased by 10%-20% I sure do. YMMV.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    how many bulls did you bend over for?
    I'll let that pass because Trump made President.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll let that pass because Trump made President.
    you emulated magic johnsons lifestyle (M-A-G-I-C: "My Ass Got Infected Coach!")

during the aids crisis?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    you emulated magic johnsons lifestyle (M-A-G-I-C: "My Ass Got Infected Coach!")

during the aids crisis?

I'll let that pass as well because Trump is President forever like the 44 before him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll let that pass as well because Trump is *impeached-President forever like the *2 before him.

fify

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some "good news." The IME model, which has been driving a lot of policy, has adjusted predicted deaths for California and Texas. CA was projected to be at 5K+ deaths by Aug 4. Texas at 6K by then. Revised. CA at 1700 and TX at 2000. A couple of es can change the trajectory, though. So keep the fingers crossed.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections
    I hope, but man that sounds low. We already have a nursing home in San Antonio with something like 80 of 86 patients COVID-19 positive.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only pussies & assholes edit another poster's .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only pussies & assholes Support the traitor in chief and eat his .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One article from one ins ution said they were finding better results if ventilators were used at lower power pressure like would be used for high al ude pulmonary edema than high positive high pressure as is used for ARDS which is the way it’s being used now.
    Never knew you'd need a ventilator for HAPE. I suspect I had it about eight years ago backpacking around 12,000 feet (there is a checklist of about five symptoms, if you have two you should consider yourself to have it, and I checked 3/5 really clearly and had been dealing with AMS for three days before). It was frightening because I was in amazing shape and couldn't walk ten feet without being exhausted and having to sit for a minute. But as soon as I got down to the road at about 8000 feet I could breath again and by the time I got down to 4000 feet I just felt exhausted but ok.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    DarrinS talks out of his ass all night and then gets butthurt when people notice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so much for Japan doing well...
    No reason to cover up now with the Olympics postponed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sweden is getting whats coming to them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You hear we gave it to tigers in the Bronx Zoo?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope, but man that sounds low. We already have a nursing home in San Antonio with something like 80 of 86 patients COVID-19 positive.
    If you knew the real story behind that nursing home situation you'd be so ing pissed.

Thread Information