Page 979 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 479879929969975976977978979980981982983989102910791479 ... LastLast
Results 24,451 to 24,475 of 40770
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Testing has been going down since January

Test less and call positive tests negative

Biden's America
    promises made, promises kept tbh

most promises kept in the first 100 days in US history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to be fair we only had so many cases because we test too much!
    There's some truth to the notion that more testing = more cases. If someone told you that we had a lot of COVID infected people in the US who have gone untested, you'd probably not doubt it. Therefore it stands to reason that more testing would mean more cases, since cases are confirmed through testing.

It's amusing how people (like you) seem to take the common sense approach on some things but go re on others based purely on who said it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's some truth to the notion that more testing = more cases. If someone told you that we had a lot of COVID infected people in the US who have gone untested, you'd probably not doubt it. Therefore it stands to reason that more testing would mean more cases, since cases are confirmed through testing.

It's amusing how people (like you) seem to take the common sense approach on some things but go re on others based purely on who said it.
    i've been being glib the last several posts. thats usually the type of interaction snakeboy is looking for

i'm well aware that positive tests can only happen when there are tests

but i support your right to leave this kind of response because its your freedom of speech

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC's jihad broke his sarcasm detector

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i've been being glib the last several posts. thats usually the type of interaction snakeboy is looking for

i'm well aware that positive tests can only happen when there are tests

but i support your right to leave this kind of response because its your freedom of speech
    Pretend you never supported the re ed notion that more testing != more cases.

Wait, you've done that already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Smdh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 2021…GDP in zero-Covid countries will be 6.2 points higher than its 2019 level. In Europe, it will be 3.4 points lower. In total, countries pursuing ‘zero Covid’ gained ten percentage points of GDP compared to Europe
    https://voxeu.org/article/aiming-zer...conomic-growth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretend you never supported the re ed notion that more testing != more cases.

Wait, you've done that already.
    keep pouting. its a good look for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont go in that rabbit hole.

I dont advise it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's some truth to the notion that more testing = more cases.
    What you mean is more testing = more reported cases. The cases exist whether it was reported or not.

The problem with under-reporting is that it makes it that much more difficult to both get a notion of the scale of the problem and properly allocate resources to combat it as well.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Testing has been going down since January

Test less and call positive tests negative

Biden's America
    So he put the CDC members in place to carry out his wishes of lying about the severity of the virus?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you mean is more testing = more reported cases. The cases exist whether it was reported or not.

The problem with under-reporting is that it makes it that much more difficult to both get a notion of the scale of the problem and properly allocate resources to combat it as well.
    This is kind of like the vaccine is made, all is well now.
    The fact that multiple steps are involved to actually get it into the arm and even keep track of people to try and determine its efficacy outside a pre study. Both teams love to jump on this difficulty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont go in that rabbit hole.

I dont advise it
    Causes permanent disability?
    Do tell how it melted your brain.
    Its also cool how you dont like to look back at huge mistakes, because... called it!

Hater does not advise it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uber, Lyft to Provide Free Rides to Covid-19 Vaccine Sites Until July 4

New transportation partnership comes as Biden administration explores ways to encourage people to get vaccinated

https://www.wsj.com/articles/uber-ly...=djemalertNEWS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uber, Lyft to Provide Free Rides to Covid-19 Vaccine Sites Until July 4

New transportation partnership comes as Biden administration explores ways to encourage people to get vaccinated

https://www.wsj.com/articles/uber-ly...=djemalertNEWS
    You're not skeptical of this? No way this isn't a quid pro quo at some level.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're not skeptical of this? No way this isn't a quid pro quo at some level.
    I think Uber and Lyft want to remind users they are still a thing when economies open further. Their business models are just to burn money anyway, so this tracks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Case definition, in epidemiology, set of criteria used in making a decision as to whether an individual has a disease or health event of interest. Establishing a case definition is an imperative step in quantifying the magnitude of disease in a population. Case definitions are used in ongoing public health surveillance to track the occurrence and distribution of disease within a given area, as well as during outbreak investigations in field epidemiology.

This is the "case" that's being referred to. Increase in cases, for this discussion (and in the past) is always about reported cases. This doesn't mean reported to the CDC per se, but diagnosed.

Population has X amount of infection. Testing reveals those. Each one becomes a case as the testing increases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure, why not?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    World’s most vaccinated nation sees COVID-19 resurgence,

raising questions over Chinese vaccine

Despite its standing as the world's most vaccinated country, the 115-island archipelago Seyc es is seeing a dramatic resurgence in COVID-19 transmission, bringing its daily case rate to "a higher number of infections per capita than India,"

approximately 67 percent of Seyc es' population is vaccinated — the majority of those citizens received Chinese vaccine Sinopharm, while the remainder received Covishield, a derivative of AstraZeneca's shot manufactured in India.

"more than one third of new active cases are people who are fully vaccinated."

most of Seyc e's cases appear to be mild

"The Sinopharm vaccine really requires two doses," she added, "and

some of the cases that are being reported are occurring either soon after a single dose, or soon after a second dose."

https://theweek.com/speedreads/98223...hinese-vaccine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Case definition, in epidemiology, set of criteria used in making a decision as to whether an individual has a disease or health event of interest. Establishing a case definition is an imperative step in quantifying the magnitude of disease in a population. Case definitions are used in ongoing public health surveillance to track the occurrence and distribution of disease within a given area, as well as during outbreak investigations in field epidemiology.

This is the "case" that's being referred to. Increase in cases, for this discussion (and in the past) is always about reported cases. This doesn't mean reported to the CDC per se, but diagnosed.

Population has X amount of infection. Testing reveals those. Each one becomes a case as the testing increases.
    Fair enough.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he put the CDC members in place to carry out his wishes of lying about the severity of the virus?
    Well he kicked Dr Messonnier off the covid response team and she resigned. She's the only CDC member who publicly spoke the truth regardless of political pressure. So I'd say the answer is yes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glib has never been a response I've tried to induce

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just sad.

Kids are making up larger proportion of Covid-19 cases now, CDC says.

Children and teens are starting to make up a larger proportion of coronavirus cases now than earlier in the epidemic, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Wednesday.

The CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices is holding a public meeting to discuss whether to recommend Pfizer/BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine for use in youth as young as 12. The US Food and Drug Administration extended its emergency use authorization for the vaccine in 12-15-year-olds Monday.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/...b1d5cdb1e44c01

Thread Information